L&W Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wish I would have never left
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 18, 2018
During my career at l&w supply, I truly looked forward to going into work everyday. While my career with this company was brief due to having to relocate, I would have taken each and every team member/ fellow employee with me. Everyone is family. I was treated with respect, care, and patience. The manager and operations supervisor at the kernersville, nc location are absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a career with opportunities and a great work environment.
regular job
branch supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMarch 13, 2018
its a competitive job were safety is a must to keep all in order and compliance with the law and to keep customers happy in getting all their needs on time
Former driver
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2018
This job is basically a "young man's game" lifting heavy sheets of drywall repeatedly till your arms give out and when it's cold outside don't care if workers get frostbite basically say you be ok more worried about loads getting out then employees they just want to make money. They lie about being paid every week turns out it is 2 weeks just run far away found a good job
Pros
Cons
Glad to go home
Not really a long term job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2018
It's all a numbers game. They are only there to make money. Don't really care about who you are or the life you have outside of the business. Would not recommend.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 29, 2018
I have been with this company for 16+ years. I was able to start in an entry-level position and work my way up to Branch Manager. Now I am able to help develop my team members and prepare them for the next steps in their career with L&W.
** Upper management values every employee in the company.
** The company is growing.
** We look to advance from within.
Pros
Compensation, growth, career
great job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
it was a very good job everybody there got along an always helped each other out when needed. it was very close to home an didnt have to use my car to work i always was in the company truck.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
little pay
manager anebel thinks it's a place to socialize not to work.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 28, 2017
Hialeah branch, poor management, This company can be cruel when it comes to scheduling. I would not recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a job. They do not consider the employees and do NOT treat employees with care.
Cons
Stay a way from this branch
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 4, 2017
Manger can’t handle problems when the come up very good and some of the either employees don’t what to work and management let’s the get a way with and do nothing about it and you are harassed by them and nothing get done
Pros
Hrs
Cons
Management sucks
friendly,productive,good hours
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTSeptember 25, 2017
i actually liked working here good hours good pay, all the co workers were really cool to work with you lift heavy material,there are hourly stockers so the customers receive better quality of material drvers teated me well too. great place to work.
Pros
hourly guys, lunch, friendly people.
Cons
lifting heavy material, lots of saftey rules.
Closed Down
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 6, 2017
This job was a really great outside job. There was room to grow in the company and manage wasn't bad at all. However, the company went out of business.
6 years of dedication
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAAugust 28, 2017
I started working for L&W Supply in the summer of 2008 until the fall of 2014 it was a great learning experience for me I was relocated and now I currently work for standard Constructors.
Hard and rewarding
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 9, 2017
If you like hard work with challenges this is the place. They are on top of all safety procedures and will not put up with not following the rules. Overall everyone will help each other out
this job
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505July 28, 2017
this was one of the most stressful jobs i have had the boss would talk down to everyone and degrade you i would never work for this place again or suggest this company to anyone
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
poor management
One of the worst managements I worked for by far
Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Show favoritism among works, very hard labor and long hours you never know what your up against as far as jobsite condition, access points. Poor pay for time and hard work you do I didn't enjoy this job at all and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone looking for work.
Pros
Didn't deduct lunch breaks from daily hours
Cons
Feeling unappreciated, unpredictable hours, poor wages, poor management lack of knowledge of the job
Good co workers long labor intensive days
Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 20, 2017
Clock in at 6:00 A.M. Get delivery tickets. Strap down your truck and make sure you have fuel. Drive to the job and carry the materials to the designated spot Examples Basement, Garage, Main, Up.

Good group of people with a friendly atmosphere but the weather doesn't stop deliveries, Rain, Snow , Heat doesn't matter you call we haul

Hardest part of the job would be carrying the materials

Most enjoyable part is clocking out and going home
Pros
Free breakfast once a month for safety meetings
Cons
very labor intesive in all weather conditions
hard work poor leadership
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
Pros
Cons
they do not consider employees
Hope this help u!!!
Boom Operator/ CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32808June 20, 2017
A good places to get some experience and get paid but not something to do for the long haul when your the new guy they try to break u there turn over is big ppl come and go a lot.
Pros
You can make 55 ++ hrs a week
Cons
They forget that your human
Management is bad!
Boom truck operator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 19, 2017
It's all about the money and you won't make it. Make the stores pocket fat. That's all she wrote! Beware of Myrtle beach store. Coworkers are awesome and on the same page about management. Some can leave and others can't. I am one of the lucky ones who was able to leave. Amen!
Pros
Cons
L$W supply
Hard work poor leadership
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2017
Poor leadership, management has a complete disregard for dot regulations and expect you to work 16 plus ... they suck suck suck they suck suck suck and suck
Pros
Medical and pension benefits for the
Cons
Leadership management out of Phoenix Arizona suck balls
Great company with great products
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2017
It was a great challenge to learn e ropes in this industry. I found that customers were very loyal to there suppliers. I became great friends with a lot of clients that I still am friends with til this day. I enjoyed the challenge .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not many