L&W Supply Employee Reviews

Long hours required
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 16, 2019
The drivers were nice and made the days go by fast. The helpers were a revolving door. The manager would have a new group of temps each week but by the end of the week they would all quit. The management and dispatch lack compassion for the employees and push more hours and more material on the drivers and helpers. The manager will tell you "it will get better" but due to him not being able to get guys in the door and an excessive work load it doesn't change. Starting drivers make a couple dollars less an hour than guys who have been there 10+ years and room for advancement is nonexistent.
Good Job
Local CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 12, 2019
Great people to work with. Always new places to deliver to in the Metro Miami-Dade area. Management was helpful with difficult deliveries. Good monday through friday job. Some saturdays half a day. Not bad.
Horrible bosses terrible work environment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 30, 2019
If you want to be treated like dirt this is the place for you lot's of favoritism you will hurt in the morning after breaking your back all day I've been driving and delivering for this company for a decade all they care about is getting the loads out stay away you'll be happy you listened to me This is not a drug free work place they lie
Not good
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 29, 2019
Back breaking worth. Will earn every penny you spend working at L&w supply. There is no life outside of work when it comes to your dispatcher wanting to reach his bonus. The office mentality is work every person I until they want to quit
Pros
Drive around all day & be on phone
Cons
Work from 6am - 8pm everyday High possibiLity
very physically demanding
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 22, 2019
Management is never on the same page, working 12 hours a day 5 days a week gets old. Everyone does the bare minimum and stay out of sight to keep from having to work. Favorites are definitely shown. Everything is heavy and taxing on the body. Best part of the job is all the overtime you want you can have and the benefits are excellent.
benefits
Cons
always at work
Great job but no time for anything
Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2019
Mon-Fri sometimes Sat
Overtime every week
Great job if your looking for fast money
Weekends are only sanity
12 or more hours a day
No time for anything
Have your vacation days planned well in advance
Pros
Fast cash, Free lunch
Cons
Poor work/life balance
L&W Supply was a great work environment. I enjoyed working there
Straight back flatbed with overhead crane (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 26, 2019
L&W with great working experience. I enjoy working there. Enjoy working with my co-workers my boss was a very nice boss. Had very good equipment to work with.
Pros
Always coffee in the break room
Cons
Lifting sheetrock is very hard did you do all day.
Don’t waste you’re time
CDL Driver/ Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2019
If you’re thinking about working here don’t. The job is back breaking and they can care less about you.all they care about is getting that load off the truck. You don’t have a life outside of work because you don’t know what time you’re getting off They don’t pay there divers enough they always say you can make more money if you work over time, You shouldn’t have to work 60 hours a week just to make decent money.
Cons
Great place if you don't mind being isolated
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 8, 2019
The job itself isn't bad, basically a full day of hard & heavy lifting. However, I was the only English speaking worker in the warehouse making my day long & boring.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
Toxic culture
Laid back atmosphere but notmuch training or follow uo
Driver/ helper insulating houses (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 13, 2019
Don't pay enough. Make promises they don't keep. They don't treat everybody the same. They have rules but do not enforce them all the time only when something happens.

Good thing about L & W is they did care for me and do understand that life things do happen and are great about giving time off when needed.
Don't work weekends
Awesome company to work for!!
Stocker/Helper/Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 3, 2019
Management is great, co workers are fun to work with. We work alot of hours and the job is physical, but management treats us so well it is worth it. The hardest job ive ever had, but by far the best company i have ever worked for, it is the best company to work for in America
Pros
People I work with, Management, the traveling and the hours.
Cons
None.
Damion Pollard is a snake
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDFebruary 26, 2019
Please stay away from this place. The manager is a bonafide snake. Read comment above for details. If you really want to work at L&W, go to the White Marsh branch. Management over there is way better.
Great management and job culture.
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 20, 2019
A great place to work. Good work environment. Made relationships with customers that I still have today. L& W Supply is at the top when it comes to customer service. I would work for them again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Co- workers
Cons
If you can handle it go for it -_-
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAJanuary 12, 2019
This job was crazy 76+ hours a week sometimes sleeping in my car because I was too tired to go home, I was a small guy so everyone picked on me and managers didn’t do much to stop it, the pay was nice and an abundance of work but it’s not for someone who cant take a bunch of Tabbacco chewing hicks making you work so hard you can’t stand after one job. Also don’t do a single thing that the bosses see or your fired, good luck
Pros
Money
Cons
Listed above
Productive & fun place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2019
I have worked for L & W for almost 7 years & it is a great place to work. It is a fun & wonderful place to work with good people, good management & great equipment.
good place to work and make a fair living.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 23, 2018
need to care about workers more.learn to operate boom trucks and piggyback/moffit trucks.work day about 10 hours.setting up boom truck to do your job in a safe manor.driving and operating boom
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
management needs to be worked on.
Great Company
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILNovember 22, 2018
The manager has a lot to learn.
Go after the people that are lazy and not one that do the work.
Branch will be more successful if the manager knew what he was doing.
Benefits
N/a
Tint Specialist/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 28, 2018
Overall enjoyed my actual job. Expectations are not clearly defined. A lot of sexual innuendos and comments made. You must have thick skin and not take things personally. Administrative/Accounts payable spent most of the time on the computer buying things or on the company paid cell phone sexting and receiving inappropriate pictures and calls from contractors. Cash drawer was off by hundreds and the boss made us pay into it instead of reporting it to head quarters. 5 people paid 67.00 per person.
fast paced
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2018
enjoyed working for the company and like my coworkers a lot. was upset that company went out of business enjoyed what I did daily. also pay was good. would go back if they ever came back in business
Productive and good place to work
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2018
Days are usually busy loading and unloading trucks with customer orders and dealing with onsite customer service orders. Everyone is easygoing and a good place to work.
Pros
good job environment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L&W Supply. Our community is ready to answer.