L'Oréal

Found 1,194 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,910 reviews

L'Oréal insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

high energy, enjoyable atmosphere, difficult to navigate structure

Featured review

L'Oréal selected this as a representative review
-evolving strategies-development of skills-mentor coaching-autonomy bases-difficult to navigate structure-part of an accomplished company-rewarded with bounus

Pros

rewarding environment, good benefits for employees

Cons

many levels of management

Amazing opportunity lacking flexibility

Incredible organization and truly opportunities are endless as long as you play the corporate game.Enjoyed my work albeit stressful at times, but it was exciting and the benefits were great.Left due to lack of flexibility with remote work and family work life balance.

Good Place to work

It was a good place to work, I learned a great deal and enjoyed my coworkers. The only concerns I ever had were related to headcount.

Loved it there

My experience was short lived, but I did love it there. The culture, the perks, the diversity. There were so many opportunities for employees. I just wish I had a full time position doing something I was passionate about instead of an internship in a department I didn't really connect to. But it was a foot in the door.

Toxic culture of micro-aggression and favoritism - RUN AWAY

People who are more noisy in the room gets the merit. Management plays favoritism and is very biased. People who actually work hard and are smart eventually left this horrible company. People who remain are toxic and are encouraged to step down on people in order to get promoted. There are other companies out there with better culture and better pay. Run away from this place.

Pros

Discount products

Cons

Toxic culture, favoritism, politics, everything else

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Positive environment

Everyone is very supportive, encouraging, which makes you want to work harder. Flexible, and very understandable leadership. Great work life balance

So bad that you have no life.

Incompetent staff management and general operation of the facility! The money is not worth your health. Constant overtime mandatory no less and every other Sunday off if you are 8 hour shift but new hires will be forced on the 24/7 shift which is a disaster. Not recommended!

Productive place toWork

Fun place to work and great pay with benefits. You work as much or as less over time as you want. They also give bonus based on production. The plant manager is very motivating and down to earth.

Team atmosphere and lots of support

Group overall great to work with very intelligent indiduaks. Strong support system. Ideas easy to express and respect. Hands off management with plenty of individualized supported activities allowing one to succeed

Pros

Remote

L'Oreal!

L'Oreal is a great place to work! Great environment and corporate culture. L'Oreal provides great employee benefits also. Working at L'Oreal is very rewarding.

Great

Great experience. I would highly recommend this job to anyone. Room for growth depending on department. Heard some people don’t grow so it varies. I am fine where I am now

Poor work life balance

The work life balance is horrible. There are no boundaries and you’re expected to work 12-14 hour days especially if you’re based out of NYC. Would not recommend.

Survived long enough

Tough work culture- you either work with really smart people or people who have no clue what they are doing. It’s all smoke and mirrors. Company, brands, products from the outside all look glossy but from the inside such a mess. I would not buy any of the products knowing what I know now.

Pros

Free goods, wfh

Cons

Heath care, pay increases

Not a great culture or healthy work environment

Obtaining days off is difficult. If you are not in the inner circle socially you are not prioritized for advancement even though you receive excellent performance reviews.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, no advancement, and dishonest.

If you’re an idiot…

This is a great job for you since all you have to do is be a terrible person and you move up. This place has a terrible work culture no work life balance you’re constantly being judged and talked about… The only way you can move up in this company is if you hurt other people… First and foremost go to @esteelaundry on Instagram. They air out all the dirty laundry.

Pros

You get to say you work at Loreal

Cons

You work at Loreal

Be a robot and you will be fine.

Several unprofessional people in management .Private information was shared about employees with other employees. Employees were asked to report on other employees Somewhat felt like high school it's a popularity contest if you are a smoker and you are in good with your lead or your supervisor you can go out and take as many smoke breaks as you want as long as you accompany them. If you're not a smoker don't be caught outside in the break area other than on your break times. You're either in the clic or you're not.You witnessed employees getting done dirty by management but yet you're helpless to come to their aid because then you're the next target. Saw this happen numerous times. Human resources manager is very unprofessional in regards to talking about employees and their personal lives and her opinion of those employees. Her personal opinion often carried over to reviews and promotions.When I first began working at L'Oreal I thought it was the most amazing place ever. As time went on .. plant manager changes,supervisory moves etc. It began feeling less like a L'Oreal Teamwork place of business ,and more like a dog eat dog environment. After over a decade of working there I left on my own. When you have to throw up everyday before starting your shift.... It not the place to be

Pros

Pay, insurance was descent( started out great) location was really close to home.

Cons

Unprofessionalism of @ 75% of management, Violations of employees personal business, Hostile work environment in some departments on certain shifts.

Not for everyone

There was a lot of tension, and the environment was kind of dower. The people tried to be friendly, but there was this expectation that you ate lunch together, and it was kinda awkward most times. They tried, but I think it was a personality mismatch.

Pros

They had a company store with discounts, but as a contractor it seemed they disapproved of me going there.

Cons

The vibe and atmosphere.

Fun place to work

A good job before the pandemic took place and hours were cut dramatically, it came from the higher ups not the managers themselves. It was a good job

Pros

Hours

Cons

On your feet

Good Company to start career but not in long run

Good company to learn and start your career. Learning and Development opportunities available. No Work/Life balance. Need to play the politics game or get left behind. Management/HR tells you what you want to hear, but rarely follows through. Still a good company, with talented people depending what your area is.

Pros

Free goods monthly

Cons

There is no real HR. Considered a headcount. Bad work/life balance

You Have to Work Hard and Network Even Harder

L'Oreal is a fantastic place to start your career. They truly give you the freedom to develop your career in a way that you want to - no two paths are the same. Why this can be great, it can also lead to lack of clarity and favoritism. To succeed you have to be able to network.

The people at the site are like an extended family. They are very caring. There are times when it can get hectic. The biggest issue I think with the site is the constant schedule changes. This can be tough on employees.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, cooperation

Cons

There are times when it is hectic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K
1.2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at L'Oréal.
Powered byComparably