L'Oreal Luxe

L'Oreal Luxe Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
Great company to have on your resume
I enjoyed workinf for L'Oreal and had great benefits. However, work/life balance was more often than not had to achieve. Training was not the best either, and pay increases are low so that's what drove me to look for a job somewhere else.
Pros
Low rate gym memebership, great benefits, lot's of opportunity to move between brands and divisions
Cons
No work/life balance, some upper managers are really stuck up
of what i've read i sounds like a good fit for me
my job is to help customers find what they are looking for as far as any room in there home and accessories. you need to ask a lot of questions to find out exactly what is it they are looking for. space and measurements are important. find out when they need the product, it can take some time if they are in a hurry. there are some very nice people that appreciate your time and effort and show in there enthusiasm which can make your day.
Great
Interns are paid an ok amount, but you will make a lot more through overtime. Big corporate companies come with their disadvantages - one being everything moves extremely slowly in terms of getting approvals even though the work is extremely fast paced. Downside to this internship is that it is 1 year long with no benefits, but if you do really well, the company will do its best to keep you within.
Productive and safe place to woek
Typical day begins with 10 min meeting for placement of work for each employee. then we stretch our body for the tasks committed throughout the work day. We have 3 breaks throughout the day. Work usually very productive and time flies by.
Work life balance
There is none . Tons of weekends holidays you miss with your family working on Sundays you can’t go to church retail sucks where’s the 9-5 positions Monday through Friday for their full time people with weekends optional give the night hours to the partime people and the weekends to people who want to make extra money , it’s a different time we live in different times what’s the perk of being full time really the benefits ? So many people shop on line today you lose a ton of sales and your giving up your life , department stores are becoming a thing of the past unless they sit up and take note retail giants ! You no longer control the world make your full time people 9-5 normal life not 5:45 or 6:45 but 5:00 o’clock give your people the chance to stay extra if they want . It’s got to change people can’t miss the important things in life some have and need a lot of time off while others don’t . Wake up and have a happier sales force ! Go back to the blue law close on Sundays people will shop on line they don’t need the stores open they will get it if they want it ! Holidays should always have the people that want to work not made to work for it shows on the sales associate. Retail yuck !
Pros
Discounts benefits
Cons
Weekends and holidays
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Busy work enviroment
The day consisted of me coming into work going over my daily sales goal and the product focus. Normally we were assigned an area where we would stand to approach clients and invite them to sit in our chair
Good part time job but not steady.
Typical day at work was talk to clients about different fragrance's and educate them on different under notes as well as the cast. Try to push product for clients to buy.
Pros
Really good gratis.
Cons
Not enough hours
I work at Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue Beachwood Place
I enjoy interacting with clients and teaching them about our products.
I enjoy planning and executing events as well as training other stores/associates on product knowledge. I have a strong organizational background and work completely unsupervised.
Pros
product gratis
Cons
seasonal
Lancome
I loved the Lancome brand and the training was stellar but I did not like working at Macy's. The Macy's experience ruined my time with Lancome honestly. Goals, goals, presale, credit cards, presale, goals. They except people to buy ALL THE TIME and even for a beauty junky that's too much. The sales culture made it difficult to really spend time with customers cause you were thinking about your next sale. And the advisors are cutthroat. I was good at making my goals but it's just stressful, long hours, and not a good work life balance. My Lancome AE and coordinators were great, very caring and approachable. Overall Lancome is a great company. I freelance now and I love it!
Pros
Gratis, training
Cons
Pay, hours
Lancome is nice, but...
Working for lancome itself is great. Fun company thats growing fast. But if your working inside baxter herbergers your more working for herbergers. You get a bunch of 4 hour shifts 6 pm-10 or 5pm-9 hours like that you wont "make goal" they care more about money and you getting people to open up there credit card then anything.if you were to just work for lancome itself this job would be amazing! Sadly herbergers is really ruining it for them.
Pros
You get to try new products, your bosses from lancome are amazing
Cons
Working at the baxter herbergers is awful, bad hour, they make you stay past your shift to help with store clean up, nuthing to do with cosmetics
Great benefits and pay
Great pay and benefits. Always changing environment. If you can handle that, you will enjoy it here. It was fun to work here as they hire like minded people, but I worked here doing a time of change and lay offs, so it isn't that secure. I still would recommend the company as they were very good to me with my severance, and it is a huge company and many divisions to choose from.
Pros
discounts on loreal branded products
Cons
unorganized, bad communication
Environnement dynamique et agréable
Expériences très enrichissantes, j'ai acquis de nombreuses compétences et une vrai dynamique de travail.
Pros
gestion du stresse et priorisation des taches
Worked for Lancome Counter Manager at Belk , I'm a licensed Esthetician , been in cosmetics since the 80" very disappointed
The company's do not care about there employees , just sells , opening credit cards not enough training , not that concerned about educating BA, just sells opening credit cards not enough staff , would not recommend this company
Pros
Some gratis
Cons
Not enough training
You get to try out new products
Lancomè has some nice products, I didn't feel comfortable selling everything, because I did not believe in all of the products. The atmosphere is okay, it's not always about empowering women it's about making your sales goal and recommending more products to make your sales goal. I met some incredible customers who were duped into believing Lancomè products were number one, when most people just purchase items when the they had gift going on. If you work for Lancomè be prepared to sell even when your being natural with a customer, be prepared for long hours, giving up every weekend, wearing all black, being around all women who mostly gossip. I will say I love my Hynose Drama mascara that is a product I can't live without!!!!
Pros
Doing your makeup at work
Cons
short breaks, long hours, so so training
Fun to meet people.
Upper levels unorganized,, poor training, stressful. Poor support from management. Must work holidays. A lot of phone calling back to back, hunting down women in store to try product, which most women dislike.
Pros
Free product
Challenging Competitive environments
Career opportunities create and execute a strategic sales plan which aligns with the company’s Marketing and Financial strategies. To add value to the organization’s growth and profitability for the shareholders. My goal is to work in a business where passion, collaboration and integrity are at the heart of the core values of the organization.

Mentoring and Coaching the Human Resource Element of each business is paramount for its success. This has always been my #1 focus, succession planning and development of employees to increase their occupational wellness and maximize the company's growth.
Pros
Work/life Balance
Cons
Poor Communication, work ethic & Leadership