L'Oreal USA Employee Reviews

Coworkers are awesome. Strive in safety first
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYDecember 12, 2018
Couldnt ask for a better company to work for. Benefits are awesome!! Pay could use some work. Atmosphere is awesome. If a person has any questions that cant be answered immediately then management will find the answer. Accomodate needs as much as they can. Love working for this company. Benefits range from medical, dental, vision, 401K with up to 6% company match, vacation, PTO, free goods, and vacation buy up to 2 extra weeks a year. The benefits start the day you do. Couldnt find a better place where you can actually enjoy working with others so well.
Pros
Benefits, vacation buy, free goods
Cons
Harldy any overtime offered anymore
Low pay for work done
End of line (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 20, 2018
Check this out, managers watch your every move and snitch if you stop and break. Feet be hurting, no phones, management complain about how your not working, but every new day they start the day off with how much greater we done than the last day. Hypocritical. They don't want you talking and passing time basically having enjoying your time while you work till your time is up. If they could they want you quiet and saying nothing for a full 10 hours and be bored. OVER SAFETY for the work done, have to wear goggles and steel toe for boxes that weigh no more than 4-5 pounds (hair spray packages). They are strict if you dont have them (fired). $10/hr w/ a check every Thursday round 320-350 after taxes and working Tuesday-friday
Pros
Quick cash, open campus
Cons
Hard labor, little breaks
Loreal lies
Processor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 25, 2018
They give out small raises and you only get 1 raise a year. If you are a female your raise will be half what everybody else gets. Even when you are doing the same work. They mistreat their workers by allowing managment to call them names and belittle them on a daily basis. It is a horrible place to work for women. Sad part is they try to put on a show that they empower women and it is all a lie. Just like the show they put in for guests or tours or audits. If you complain about the way you are treated they will fire you. New plant manager has made it even worse.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Low pay, toxic environment
Was able to learn alot about beauty and skincare.
Product Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
Working in product development was an amazing opportunity where I learned about formulas, shade ranges, ingredients and beauty campaigns. My time there showed me how age, demographics and ethnicity infuenced promotions, trends and sales. Sparked my interest so much, I started a beauty blog.
Pros
Loved and embraced the culture of beauty.
By far the worst
Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 13, 2018
I would say I never had such a horrible experience in my life store manager was completely delusional had no idea how to handle her position she was degrading and would always talk down to the whole team and she is completely racist self exsorved when I reached out to the district manager she made no effort into helping the situation insted she found every excuse to excuse her behavior
Low pay - micromanaged company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHSeptember 12, 2018
No time off , terrible leadership because of all the favoritism. The place is filthy , urine on toilet seats all the time. They work you to the max then get mad if you want time off. The place is full of backstabbers especially management. I had health issues and didn’t want anyone to know my business but they make sure to tell everyone around the plant. Total lack of respect for the workers. The supervisor never speaks to you because he is smoked out in his office.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No leadership
not worth it.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  MelbourneOctober 13, 2018
Some really great people on the shop floor but everyone looks miserable, staff are treated like idiots even sent to breaks by a bell. Follow growing list of made up rules or be dragged into the office. Unrealistic KPI's,constant pressure. tight working conditions that are often over crowded due to poor communication, planning and management. Could be sent home after 4 hrs or pressured to work 10. Management like to put on a show for visiting guest. The culture is horrible due to management pitting staff against each other, bullying those that are deemed to " not have the Loreal culture" and threatening or terminating for minimal made up offences, such as talking then allowing others to have 1hr personal calls daily or break all of the rules repeatedly with no repercussions at all.
Pros
some great people on the floor
L'Oreal
Finance and Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
My typical day at work, with updating the sales numbers from our retailers and stores. Then I collect all bills and expenses and create a spreadsheet so I can see what has or has not been paid, track employee times for those working in stores.

I've learned many things such as: handling monthly, quarterly and annual end closings.Handle budget, P&L and trends.

Management is great, they allow me to be assertive with many things, value my opinion with marketing and financial tactics.

The hardest part is being patient with other departments to respond to my request.

But honestly, L'Oreal is a great place to work. Everyone is nice and helpful.
Chemist Intern Analytical Dept (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 10, 2018
50% discount on products at the company store.
Depending on the type of intern, you may not have an opportunity at being full time permanent staff, which is unfair to some as they do the same work as the actual chemist there. It is a friendly environment though and everyone is helpful.
Pros
50% discount on products at the company store
Cons
Depending on the type of intern, you may not have an opportunity at being full time permanent staff, which is unfair to some as we do the same work as other chemist
Large Cosmetic company fun & interesting atmosphere
Assistant to Vice-President, IT (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJ 08512October 3, 2018
L'Oreal is innovative and always an interesting and exciting environment. Co-workers and management were fair and supportive. The atmosphere relaxed but work sometimes demanding and stressful.
Pros
Profit sharing bonus, free goods, benefits
Excellent workplace
INDUSTRIAL CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 4, 2018
Loreal is an excellent workplace that promotes diversity and a happy environment. They also make sure that employees take the appropriate time off. One of the things I remember about this job is that they built a special room they called "Take 5", where employees can take about 5 minutes to take a break to play video games, check their email, or just sit and drink their soda. I thought that made such an impact with the employees.
Pros
Employees are all friendly.
Cons
Promotion opportunities does not come too often.
Sales
Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
Train, supervise and schedule associates.
Customer service company history product knowledge basic shop operations.
Supervise enforcements, cash handling, administrative responsibilities.
Sales/financial, personal development, merchandizing, RTV's Damages.
Coordinate and participate seasonal shows and seminars.
Team work motivation to increase sales productivity and build clientele.
Operated a cash register for cash, check and credit card transactions with accuracy.
Great Except for Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJNovember 19, 2018
Work consisted of processing, keying, and reviewing customer orders placed through SAP. It also dealt mainly with resolving issues on orders, account specific problems, tracking of shipments and working with the customer and sales team for new product launched, etc. Learned about distribution center operations vs. sales team forecasts and about customer services role in getting orders out the door to customers in time for events. Management was good for the most part aside from my own manager. She had no background in the type of work she was managing, and made the job more stressful than it had to be. HR was not very supportive and upon being critiqued by managers, HR simply reiterated manager's critiques and did not support in any way or try to see if there was a better, more constructive way to resolve issues. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people working alongside me and their willingness to teach and mentor.
Fun place to work
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
It was an amazing experience working for L'oreal, amazing people amazing company and I enjoyed everyday I worked with them. It was an amazing learning experience for me and I feel I have grown professionally from working with them. Thank You.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Very competitive
Great peolpe, no room to grow
Education Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
Although everyone works well together, as a whole the company does not value their employees. The compensation is way under the rest of the market. My direct report respects work, life, balance. The rest of the company does not value the hard work we all put in everyday.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Extremely poor compensation.
Fast past and constant change
Bulk & Component Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 24, 2018
I've learned a lot about how to work manage a variety of stressful situations and the impact of my job on others parts of the plant. I've grown a lot in dealing with healthy conflict and prioritization.
Pros
great maternity leave policy
Cons
no work life balance
The best L'Oreal has to offer is experience. They also promote from within.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
Once you reach a management position or director it is quite difficut to manage work with your personal life.

A typical workday is 12 hours at my position and comes with a substantial amount of stress due to the nature of the operations.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Employee loyalty is seldom considered.
Like people that I work with but management could of been better
Sr. AP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJAugust 9, 2018
Company was great at first and people that I worked with were great. But the last 2 years the company some of the management needed to be more educated with their department and work with the employees.
Pros
Good pay, discount on products and good employees
Cons
A lot of hours at month end
Great Leadership
Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 2, 2018
Leadership vested much time in developing their employees. The work was demanding and L'Oréal expected their employees to perform at the highest level. Managers gave constructive criticism to develop individuals and acknowledged a job well done.
Not a culture for women
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Just a ridiculous company that treats their employees as if they are only a number. This company is now and should have been a long time ago put under investigation for inappropriate practices within the employment HR laws and parameters of the State of Florida.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oreal USA. Our community is ready to answer.