L'Oreal USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Company to work for
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 15, 2018
I miss working at L'Oreal everyone was like family. I was a shipping and receiving Clerk as well as a Warehouse Coordinator. I absolutely loved my job, I had my own office and work from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday I loved the hours!!! Unfortunately L'Oreal relocated to Kentucky from Ohio and I was not able to relocate at the time.
Vending
Sales Representative :Vender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2018
Start your shift by checking in with the store lead person, great jobs great Sup. This is a job I wish I still Had or can get back into. I love the idea of saleing to all different customers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not full time
Fair Pay/Steady work
Worldwide leader (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 4, 2018
L'Oreal had fair pay and great benefits. The drive to and from Cincinnati was a bit daunting but the work was not too difficult. The benefits were outstanding for the work.
Pros
Good Benefits/Job Security
Cons
Drive to and from Cincinnati
People Passing Out Daily
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 30, 2018
I started working here in June 2018 and it was because I really needed employment, but I have had to resign. I literally watched people throwing up, fainting and just getting sick due to the temperature of the warehouse. There are fans that rotate hot air, but as we were told the fans are for the make-up. It's so hot in the building you literally feel nauseous, but management will walk you out for anything that looks like your hands aren't being repetitive loading machines. The management sit high in the a/c, so they do not understand the way our bodies are being pushed. I just wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Constantly working which isn’t a problem the pay was the problem
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
Overall L’oreal Isn’t a bad work place it just have a low pay the managers stay on you so if you do work there you have to be a consistent worker ready to get that cash
Pros
15 min brake and a lunch break
Cons
All work slight brake
Learned a lot
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 19, 2018
10 years and the pay is some of the lowest in the industry but the perks of free goods and incentives are good but still comparable to the rest of the industry. Work culture was great at L'Oreal and encouraged a team wins together atmosphere which from my experience is great for business. Best part of the job is the exposure to learn other areas of the business which is easy to do in that organization.
Pros
free goods
Cons
lower salary
Worst job
Key holder and operations manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 8, 2018
I loved my coworkers and I made lifelong friends but the company pays poorly and they’ll pretty much hire anyone who walks in the door so nobody knows makeup except for a select few. I had no issues with my management in store, but my district manager and corporate were absolute nightmares who made my managers and coworkers cry constantly. I think corporate wouldn’t know talent or a good idea if it hit them directly in the face. I was operational manager and key holder at my store and they still payed me very poorly. Work life balance? What’s that? I worked over 40 hours a week sometimes because turnover was so high we had nobody else to run the store. Horrible work experience. Wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to work here.
Pros
Gratis, coworkers, good discount
Cons
Long hours, no talent, no sympathy, made everyone cry constantly.
Fun company to work for
Senior Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah GeorgiaJune 1, 2018
A productive company that cared about their employees. They gave you on the job training along with group training. L'Oreal believed in giving you the tools to be successful. If your goal was to be a manager, you the employee needed to apply yourself and use the traing the they provided for you to move up.
Pros
Flexible schedule and summer hours
Cons
Short breaks and no prepare food in a cafeteria
relaxed place to work
SAP Basis Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
It was great place to work with relaxed Management and hardest part was the landscape was huge and had to deal with lots of vendors on hardware and architect new changes which constantly client wanted to change .
Fun place to work.
CPD - Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 15, 2018
LÓreal Caribe, has a good work environment. You see a lot of fellowship and team work. It's a company that cares for their employees.

You can see that their employees are motivated to work every day.

Want to know more about L'Oreal USA?

Ask a question
Stuck in Ops
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJMay 14, 2018
Operations management and HR will not help you if you want to transition out of the ops bubble.

Management has difficulty listening to employees about the issues they face and how to correct them.

Top down approach as opposed to bottom up/collaboration.
Pros
large company with good benefits
Cons
opportunities are difficult to come by outside of operations
Just OK
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 8, 2018
Good compensation and benefits and room for advancement. Horrible work life balance. Culture is very laid back and people are friendly, but there are also some unrealistic expectations as far as getting things done and timelines.
Pros
People and Culture
Cons
Work life balance
Just a place to get your foot in the door.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
This is a place to gain experience and that’s all. Don’t expect much at all. Hours aren’t consistent. Management is a pain. The company packs on tons of goals at once and that makes it harder to do your job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Ethical, Sustainable, World Leader
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
My perfect company. Ethical, focused on sustainability and being kind to the environment. Opportunity for growth, expansion, rotation. Love the fast, colorful, multicultural environment. Incredible pace for work life balance. World class benefits. Just celebrated my 11th anniversary and would not consider leaving.
Pros
Free product, great time off & flexibility, 401k & pension, excellent benefits
Cons
Innovative to the point of inefficient
Maybe if you organize some stuff and pay your employees more...
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 23, 2018
After 6 years on the job it became a comfort zone. I only work once a month, because it is not worth more than that. I ran a store for 6 years and was not taken care of financially no matter how many times or different ways that I asked.
Pros
Flexible, Some team members become family
Cons
Team members become family and you work for free
Machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 20, 2018
Great company to work for, stressful at times and poor management. But overall great job. Has a lot to offer. Job is simple. The people you work with become basically your family.
Flexible hours with great pay!
Selling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 11, 2018
I Love my job with L'Oreal. Hours vary but are flexible. Part time position with no benefits. If you need a full time position this will not work for you.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours vary
clean work environment, good atmosphere
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJMarch 22, 2018
loved my job. Worked with great people. It was a great experience working in a great atmosphere. Nothing was difficult and I had an enjoyable time working in their very clean factory.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
short breaks
Loved this place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2018
Really miss this place the people were cool but the job itself was what was in it for me. I learned so much and thrjved so much as an individual it was unreal if only I could go back to these days
Horrible place to work.
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJMarch 16, 2018
This was the worst science related position I have had in my career. I learned absolutely nothing about anything scientific. I was just pushing papers all day through e-mails. One e-mail to the next I was just a messenger between management and vendors. No training was provided for any task. But when mistakes were made management would be quick to point fingers at the temporary employs for being incompetent. Managers not helpful and don’t like to help or explain anything. They just use you to find pieces of random information about raw materials. None of the managers knows what’s going on and how to train new employs. They just throw you in front of a computer and ask you to start collecting random information from vendors, suppliers, etc. You are provided with no background or training what so ever. Every temp solely relies on other temps to help them get through their day. It’s like a prison. Everyone keeps an eye on you and where you are going. Everyone listens to each other’s conversations. No privacy or concept of personal space. Stay away from this prison.
Pros
Cons
Everything including worlds most horrible managers! They think the are GOD!