L Brands Employee Reviews

Limited Brands main concern is money more than how they treat their employees.
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2018
Victoria’s Secret’s stresses empowering women and I have found that to be untrue. They have an authoritarian work culture. The managers are expected to work beyond their regular job requirements without praise or compensation. There is a lack of understanding between Corporate and the stores on what Sales are beneficial to increase business. This can leave you questioning their strategies.
Benefits
Cons
Limited Brands stresses empowering women, which I havefound that is a false claim, They are more focused on money with little regard to employees work life balance.
Great comp, great people, constant, significant change leads to challenges
Manager Business Planning & Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Please recognize that this company is huge, with diverse operations across the globe. My perspective is by nature limited, so take this with a grain of salt. It's as unbiased as it can be:

PROS
• Individuals that work there are great, helpful, kind, good people
• Compensation is high relative to peers
• Company is industry leader (albeit one on the decline)
• Has a 'can do' culture, but the process of getting anything accomplished arduous at best

CONSIDERATIONS
• Retail is a volatile, chaotic industry - this translates to the culture
• Crowded at the top - like most large companies
• Non-executive leadership decision-making doesn't seem to be that good. Middle management quality is average at best
• Re-orgs every couple of years
• Little opportunity for organized career development / flexibility
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Productive and fast-paced place to work
Live Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 6, 2018
The company hires during the summer before Holiday season begins and everyone is considered a seasonal employee, however, if they need to keep people on due to the high turnover rate, or you did a great job, they will offer you a permanent position around January. I worked there for nearly two years and was given the opportunity for advancement around 1 year, however, everyone is scheduled to work 50 hours a week during their Holiday season which is from right before Thanksgiving to after the new year, so don't expect to have the Holidays off. On the other hand, L Brands compensates very well. They always have some kind of contest going on with bonuses, especially around the Holidays, so you can easily make upwards of $5,000 in a month. For Live chat agents, you are expected to handle 3 customers at once and I would strongly advise being as nice as possible to every customer. For this company, THE CUSTOMER RULES and that is very important.
Pros
Nice cafe, lots of bathrooms, great pay and benefits, awesome management.
Cons
crowded during the holidays, but a lot of people are given the option to work from home
Great Culture
STS SR. ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Surrounding all the negatives of a competitive retail industry, LBrands continues to be, at the levels I worked at, a fantastic place to be. You have the usual questions of management from those in lower levels, but I've found most of my peers and managers to not only be more than competent, but they also genuinely care about your happiness and ability to progress. If you give a little here, you will get back so much more. I went from a contract hourly associate, so a Sr level position in a matter of three years.
Pros
Passion from top to bottom, care for each other, challenging work
Cons
retail cuts mean corporate cuts
Great entry level job with room for promotion
Core Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYNovember 14, 2018
Great job, but not for raises and promotions. Stressful and understaffed at many times. Great company and work culture. Managers do not get paid nearly enough.
Great company and experience.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 8, 2018
Great company to work for. You will meet many great people working here. Your management will determine what makes it fun to work there. This company believes in lots of product knowledge which helps develop everyone that shows an interest. Great bonus structures when I worked there. Very fast paced...must be willing to learn quick.
Pros
Benefits, pay, people you meet, bonus structure
Cons
Very fast paced environment-wear comfy shoes
It was okay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2018
They were very competitive with pay and benefits. Slow most days, had a hard time always using all the hours. They were not great about giving managers the ability to schedule to their needs.
Pros
pay structure
Cons
management
Caring Culture and Talented People - You Will Grow as a Person and a Professional
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
Good company to work for with a kind culture. You will be challenged and feel pressure/stress at times...work is called work for a reason. Embrace it and most people I've worked with do well. Fortunate to have had a successful career at LBrands and learned so much from so many talented people.
I Loved working there, I did not like the hours though.
Call Center Representative (Chat Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 3, 2018
My experience was great, the hours were just unrealistic for me since I have kids. If I could've gotten a different schedule I would have never left! Everything was great but the hours.
Pros
Fun Environment, Great Benefits, Make Good Money, Free Gifts, and Great Incentives.
Cons
Long hours.
Great Place to work if you have no life
C.O. Bigelow - Visual Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHNovember 5, 2018
Had very high expectations , but very little room for permanent placement. The culture used a lot of contract work, so as to not have to give benefits and full time employment to workers.
Smart and talented people.
Leader in the International Business (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
You must be exceptionally smart and talented to join the L Brands team. Even seasoned professionals will learn more about retailing, business and brand development from this remarkable company with a 50+ year tradition of influencing and winning in retail.
Pros
Great benefits. Smart people.
Cons
Tough work-life balance.
On your feet all day
Processor (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 10, 2018
It was nice to work 10-hour days though because most of the time that meant you only worked 4 days. Sometimes in the "holiday season" (when I was hired on) we got overtime. I was working through Acloche so I didn't get benefits or anything. The management was okay, but I have a health condition that required me to miss work sometimes; I kept asking how many (absence) points I had and never got a response. One day after I missed work I got a call telling me not to come back.
Fun and creative business to know and be involved with on the inside
Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
The most captivating and creative experience I have been exposed to. I am a woman and this was the most aligned personal and professional experience I have had. Work hard/played hard.
Pros
great products, creativity and vision
Cons
tight deadlines, long hours..but that is the retail business, even at the corporate management level.
Best place to work
HR Clerical- Distribution Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2018
My time with L Brands was amazing. The team I worked with really pushed you to be the best version of yourself you could be. My coworkers were not only great teammates, but great friends. I loved my time with this team and wouldn't trade it for the world
Pros
pay, benefits, team culture
Cons
the commute
Temp position
Seasonal Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company but some of the management was hard to work for. The hours are long for the holiday season but the pay is very good.
Pros
comfortable warehouse
Wonderful Place to Work
Enterprise Operations Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2018
LBrands is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are great along with the work life balance. I enjoyed every moment at LBrands. Our leadership is strong.
Excellent Place to Develop Skills and Expertise
Operations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2018
Consistent and challenging workplace to grow your skills and learn optimal ways to manage associates. Projects were assigned to be completed yearly to help develop leadership.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits and PTO program
Cons
Hyper political, favoritism flourishes
The job
Labor worker factor (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioSeptember 18, 2018
Fast pace, a lot of hours with weird shifts. Great food but will take all your check. Snd a lot for people of all raises. Pays every 2 weeks, have to get badges before starting or cant get in.
Pros
No free food!
Cons
Short breaks, long walk for smokers
Not a fit for me
Sr. Payroll Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 27, 2018
I really did not learn anything from Lbrands other than they force you to work 75-80 hours per week and only paid for 40. Frowned upon when you had to leave on time. Not a great culture for work/life balance.
Cons
No breaks
Very productive and have fun at work place
Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 21, 2018
L-brands is a company of integrity, intuitive.
and in wage, L-brand is competitive in wage as comparison to others. management team are very productive and nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at L Brands.

Powered by Comparably