L.L. Bean, Inc.
77Above average
4.2

L.L. Bean, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Excellent company
L.L. Bean is an excellent company and if you work there you'll have a fantastic time. The people who I worked with were incredible people. The company is fantastic in giving back to the community where they have stores.
The Job I Looked Forward To
When people ask about working for LL Bean, I tell them I didn’t “have” to go to work, I got to go to work. My team was a family, and I was treated with respect from the store manager down. If you’re looking for an easy hourly job where you can sleepwalk through a shift, sure - you can do that anywhere. You won’t want to do that at LL Bean. If you love the outdoors, you’ll be happy - it’s what draws people - employees and customers to LL Bean. If you show some initiative, you may be placed in a position in which you’re paid to play outside...
Pros
Incredible team, sincere respect from management, opportunities to play outside.
Cons
Typical retail pay and lack of benefits for part time employees.
Fun store, demanding job
Company is overall a great brand to work for. I love my store team. Just not enough hours in the day to meet ever-changing company expectations. Great if you're an hourly employee, but not enough work-life balance as a salaried manager if you want to meet expectations.
Pros
Free or discounted outdoor courses
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
An excellent place to be employed. Staff is knowledgeable and helpful. The culture is pretty much like it's homely home place of Maine. Great motto, great people.
Great Outdoor company that breathes their brand and allows all associates to learn and become active in all brand activities
Excellent balanced work and personal life work place. LL Bean wants all associates to be the brand by taking part in their outdoor adventures. LL Bean made you part of the culture while driving the sales and operations of the business through their people. and ongoing training programs.
Pros
learning outdoor adventures
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
works well around kids
I worked here to make a little money while managing my kids.

Most of the people are great, managers are wonderful, but some of the customers are horrid and make it a tough place on some days.
Fun place to work
I was able to practice my customer service skill and people skill through sales. I worked here for 5 years and was able to leave with skills that I continue to use.
Wonderful place to work with great people.
Take care of the customer practicing the Golden Rule. The hardest part of the job is learning all the products. The people are the most enjoyable aspect of the work.
Pros
LL Bean takes very good care of their employees and customers
Cons
Small privately held company
productive and fun
On typical meet new and recurring customers..learning that action and attitude is everything especially with customers.
Great, enjoyable place to work.
They have taught me much and everyone is always so kind and welcoming. We all help each other out whether on the clock or not.
Very fun and professional place to work at.
Excellent management and enjoyed interacting with customers as well as other employees
fun place to work. They are willing to balance your school schedule with work's schedule
LLBean has thought me a lot about customer service. the management team is phenomenal.
Pros
great benefits, great management team.
Great part time job, but nothing more.
LL Bean is a great place to gain some quality customer service skills, but do not be fooled into thinking there are opportunities for advancement. This company has proven time and again that they prefer to hire managers from outside than to develop their own talent. They do not even have basic management training programs/tracks the way a lot of other retailers do. This is a great part time job, pay is good, culture is fun, but nothing more.
Pros
great discount, opportunity to work outside, excellent customer service training
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, no full time employees below management
Decently fun place to work part-time
Working at L.L. Bean in a retail environment I presume is similar to other retail chains. The work varies largely, as does the attitudes of the employees. Some days will be terribly boring but you still have to be there and can't work on other productive things, while other days will be very very busy, and other days are of course in between these extremes.

You'll learn great customer service values and techniques to take with you anywhere you go, and you'll deal with people of all sorts, giving you the skills to engage and interact with strangers of all backgrounds and attitudes. I've seen and dealt with customers on both ends of this scale as well, many of whom are still repeat customers, which takes off of providing positive customer service.

My co-workers are probably the best part of the job. Most of the people there have become friends through work, some joining in outside activities from time to time. I enjoy talking to my coworkers and it's kind of the one freedom that you have when not engaging with a customer.

Management has changed drastically since I've been employed. I think management is largely positive, and those in the upper portions of management are often the ones projecting the most happiness and excitement, and laying down the rules, as it is their job to do so. I've had terrible instances of communication on some key issues with management, and disagreements on some of their store reviews and policies. I again, understand the difficulty put on management for doing their job, but it's hard to take someone seriously when they consistently want more out
 - more...
Good strong company with great customer satisfaction values
L.L.Bean is a great company with great products and services. It has been growing ever since it started in 1912. The work environment is fast paced and team oriented with excellent cooperation from everyone.
Seasonal
I was a seasonal, so I didn't get all the benefits of working there.
As a company, they have great values and do their best to keep up to par. They value their customers just as much as their employees, even in these tough times.
Pros
breaks are important.
Cons
lacked communicating with seasonal.