L.N. Curtis & sons

L.N. Curtis & sons insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great company, would recommend

Great, family owned company to work for. Everyone, from leadership on, is respectful and considerate. Job security and work-life balance is very satisfactory.

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible schedule, understanding boss

Cons

401k offered but no matching

Lack Of Professionalism

Diversity was never in place for this company. Lack Of Training and People talking behind you're back. Everyone was so negative all the time. No one took their breaks.

Pros

30 min to 60 min lunch

Cons

no one took their breaks

Great, Stable Company to Work For!

This is a family owned company and you can feel that in the culture. It is refreshing to work for a company where the owners sincerely care about the employees and their families. The employees here are hardworking and passionate about what they do. Being around for almost 100 years, the Curtis' family is advancing and continuously improving in everything they do. This is truly a great company to work for!

Pros

Stability, Growth, Family Owned

Excellent Company to work for the owners and management are open and honest and trustworthy.

I would definitely work for LN CURTIS & Sons again and would recommend them as an employer They take care of the Firefighters and Law Enforcement (those who take care of us).

Making a difference

Management is very supportive and we feel a part of the team. We are implementing a new HR system and making many positive changes in HR for the employees. Very satisfying work.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

An easygoing team of hard workers

It's a relaxed semi-formal work environment with a lot of long-time employees, so there's definite job security and stability with this company. Everyone is friendly and the work environment isn't noisy, dirty or cluttered. Very easy to slide into a role here.

Productive company

The company has been in business for almost 100 years. The owner has been blessing families since the start of their business. It's truly a blessing to have a family owned business to bless so many employees and their families.

Very flexible and family feel

Great place to work for. Very flexible and understanding. Family feel environment. I have learned most of my job skills here. I enjoy being universally trained in all aspects of my department.

Pros

Flexible if you have kids, family feel, positive attitudes, great customer service

Cons

pay

Relaxed, but structured.

L.N. Curtis & Sons was fast paced, but fun and enjoyable. The team knew how to work together, instead of against each other. You never had management breathing down your back, but they made sure you were doing what you were supposed to.

LN Curtis

I loved my temporary assignment here. I wish I could have stayed on but I was working a maternity leave. If there is ever an opening I would definitely apply.

Busy office with family atmosphere

This company is great to their employees. They have amazing benefits and everyone is like family. Very flexible for those with families. Only drawback is the pay rate with the load of work that is given.

Pros

very flexible scheduling (accounting dept)

Cons

low pay, high workload

Rapid growing company making changes to keep up with demand

This is a leader in the Fire & Safety Equipment industry. It was in the surge of change from the old style management to the current time management and all of that comes through trial and error. The great part of the job was making my own appointments, solving problems with firehouse equipment and also building the relationship with each fire station and fire fighter.

Pros

Unending supply of work

Cons

Communication between employee and new management style

Loved the family oriented atmosphere, Wish they paid their employee's worth.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

no room for growth

Productive and Fun work place

Wonderful family oriented company. I learned how to be disciplined

Pros

Job Security

Cons

No room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L.N. Curtis & sons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3