L3 Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 2,730 reviews matching the search See all 2,989 reviews
First Major Linux and UNIX job I had
Systems administrator (Former Employee) –  March ARB, CANovember 11, 2018
This was the first major Linux and UNIX job that I had. I never new a lot about Linux and UNIX so this helped me learn a lot. Plus I learned a lot about storage.
Pros
Full kitchen to cook meals, We also had get togethers which each person would cook a meal for all of us, this was because we could not leave because it was Air Traffic Control for Anti - Terrorism.
Cons
Rewarding work when shipped products to the customers to support War Fighter.
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2018
New CEO is making lots of changes to transform the business for growth. Lots of hard working employees who care about the business. The team worked together to meet critical customer deliverables.
I got out before it got bad.
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 6, 2018
I didn't necessarily not enjoy my time here, but that was because of the specific people I worked with. Management seemed uninterested in the employee's futures at times, and sacrificed the employees' needs when it came to delivering on projects.
Excellent Company to work for
VA -Assembler (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 6, 2018
Great company. Friendly co-workers. Great environment. Tasks vary from day to day, projects vary from month to month. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.
L3 Engineering
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
Generally an enjoyable work environment and great people to work with. But when work loads are low there is a lot of boredom, and people will hoard tasks to maintain their hours.
L3Communications good work place culture
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 2, 2018
I did enjoy working for L3Communications. Coworkers and managers were good people. it was almost like family. Things got slow do to government contracts slowed. Got laid off after 14 years.
Pros
Cons
Government contracts
A Good Company
Engineering Planner III (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TX/ Saudi ArabiaNovember 1, 2018
Overall a good experience.
A great Healthcare plan with Wellness as a big part of it.
Yearly reviews & constant online training.
Company stock option & 401k match.
Company is unstable
Aircraft Structural mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 1, 2018
L3 has become an unstable place to work. There have been several layoffs in the past two years. No one knows if their jobs are safe. There is no loyalty towards employees, does not matter how long you worked there and how loyal you are.
Extremely Ethical Company
Senior Program Manger (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Start early and stay late. Managers push you to make them look good then act like the really care until the next crunch time and they leave early and want you to work the weekend.
Pros
Montly special events for employee appreciation
Cons
Cutting back on Health benefits, Paid Time off
Very Difficult to get promoted.
RF Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 31, 2018
Had to Fight for promotion from operator to technician even though I have a degree and was training technicians. I had heard a similar story from others.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Low pay, difficult advancement
great place
Senior Technician/Resident TASS NCO Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 30, 2018
worked with the military overseas. enjoyed the benefit of learning different aspects of my field and ensured staff was taken care of. contract was changed to another company.
L-3 Technologies
Field Engineer Avionics Technician II (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 30, 2018
L-3 being a large company does not really afford much room to work with schedules that suit your needs. Due to the nature of being a deployed technician you have very little say on what your schedule will be. While individual people are willing to work with you getting everyone on board to get something approved is next to impossible. In addition, you are not treated like a member of the team more like a number that is replaceable. The pay is more than fair for the position, and some of the benefits are great. The work/life balance can be fair if you can get people to work with you on it. For example, I extended to help them out whenever they needed me to last year, but when it came time to get new schedules I got the worst schedule I could possibly receive. In response to my request to move the schedule 3 weeks to the right so as not to miss Christmas by 6 weeks every year only 1 person was willing to work with me.
Pros
Pay, time off in big chunks
Cons
People wont help you out when you need it, your needs are not considered
Good pay, but constant fear of layoff is difficult to deal with
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 29, 2018
Constant management changes at all levels have led to mass confusion as to what need to be done and who is responsible for it. No contracts coming from business development caused yet more layoffs.
aviation work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 28, 2018
the job pays decent, but the company sucks. they hire and fire in cycles. they will get rid of faithful employees who have been there for 15 years just so they wont have to pay out retirement to them. they tried to force employees to work 60 hours a week, work them into the ground so they have no personal time for family or friends or other obligations.
a great place to work and advance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2018
it was a great place to work as a maintenance tech we had to maintain the buildings that house the flight simulators such as F16, F18 ,Helicopter I got to ride in the helicopter simulator it was a great inexperience .
Loved L3
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 25, 2018
It was one of the best company i worked for, managers were kind and caring. The company cared about the employees and their families. Great benefits and fun lunches.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Sometimes had to work until contract was completed
job
HUMAN RESOURCE (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 23, 2018
The Job work Life Balance was not good at all. People sold more of their PTO. There was no system or job trainer for the department I worked in. The company was growing with more work but not enough employee's.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No Job work life balance
Treated fairly.
Air Traffic Control Specialist/Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  WHJTCOctober 23, 2018
I have no review other than I was treated fairly and was allowed to utilize my skill set as I was hired to do. This was my first job after separating the USAF as an air traffic controller after 20 plus years of more than honorable service.
No Comments
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 23, 2018
Employees are working near the radiation lab that could cause serious health problem. Most of the people are working their from ages and they don't like any new ideas. Human Resources also take management sides.
Not a bad place to work
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 22, 2018
They need work in the area of Talent Development. Good benefits, good hours and interesting work. Difficult to get promoted. Family like work environment and good team building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3 Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight