L3 Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,595 reviews matching the search See all 2,850 reviews
Very reasonable place to work with great benefits
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
I travel 90% for work and has given me many opportunities for advancement. Management is changing constantly. L3 is a fair and good company to work for.
fast paced
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  OconusJune 22, 2018
great place to work, with great benefits. I would definitely recommend people to work here. I enjoy the timeoff. The facilities are great and great locations.
Average company
Overhead support worker (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 21, 2018
Fairly normal company, but nothing spectacular. Management was spotty, with little clear guidance. They don't go out of their way to hamper or help employees. No assistance is given when they feel they no longer need you. Some great people in the trenches.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management is poor
Nice work enviroment
Alternate COMSEC Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 21, 2018
An exciting place to work my field was ever changing and that provided a challenge that I enjoyed. There were many family activities that were provided.
Pros
Stable work place
Cons
At times long overtime hours
Unforgiving Atmosphere
*Redacted* (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 21, 2018
There is plenty of room for improvement, unless you ever show an inclination to look elsewhere. If you are deemed a "flight risk", it is near impossible to gain any career advancement.
Second Chance
Sr NDI Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MS 39710June 20, 2018
Offers opportunity for advancement. The job pays well but their Union needs some improvement. There are lots of positions for you to transfer to if that's what you choose.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
Poor upper management
The work projects were great
Senior Data Scientist/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2018
I learned a great deal about R and SQL which gave me the tools I needed to become a data scientist The type of projects I was given were from development of a Churn model to forecasting capital expenditures.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
The departments were in very strict silos
Little growth, low pay
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 19, 2018
L3 does not pay well compared to its competitors. The Security and Detection division which I worked supported TSA operations at the airports. The work teams make or break this job. If you have a good crew of proactive and competent workers this can be a great job, but from my experience this was not the case.
Ok place to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 18, 2018
L3 is a good place to work. They were just to far away from my home for me to continue working there. They offer great benefits and compensation was ok.
Benefits
Cons
Too far away
Security
Head Facility Security Officer/Security Mgr. /CSSO (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for L3 for over 20 yrs. They treated me the upmost respect and benefits was great, company events such as picnics for families, Christmas parties for employees and other events. I would recommend L3 a good company to work for.
Benefits
Cons
Need to give more bonuses

Want to know more about L3 Technologies?

Ask a question
Challenging, Face Paced, Rewarding company
Distribution Manager 5 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 17, 2018
L3 Technologies is a serious competitor in DOD, Homeland Security, and technology advances to support global customer base. Days are challenging and face paced environment. Always a learning experience and continuous progress for improvements. A diversified work culture. The hardest part of the job at L3 at times is staying on point with the ever changes taking place, but this is a double edge sword because it makes the daily efforts worth while.
Family feel
Word Processor III (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2018
While I was employed the employees were tight knit and loved what they did. My manager was loyal to his people and the company supported their employees.
Good
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 15, 2018
Worked there a long time ago. They gave me a start into government service. people were good and enjoyed my time working in the industry providing support to PM.
Pros
good company
Work plus Statusing
Logistics and Reliability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 13, 2018
setting challenging personal time line goals and schedules for the boss often become stressful. The self induced deadlines cause problems for the worker himself. Delays outside of the workers control occur often and work quality is jeopardized.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours a day
OK not great and slow paced
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 12, 2018
Very slow paced and the work got tedious after a while I'm filling this to reach the limit because I don't feel like writing more than what I have already said
Productive work place
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2018
It was a good experience to work for L3 and fun, lacking some improvement and communication, the contract is shaky at times. Good benefits and overall good company culture
Pros
Good product
Cons
Micromanagement
Toxic
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSJune 9, 2018
Unrealistic demands on deadlines and quotas, micro managing to the point of driving employees to distraction, little to no training, constant finger pointing when faults are found, employees with little or no management experience put in charge of teams of 4 to 10 people, constant turn over of employees, pointless endless meetings that accomplish little, badly run finances causing more work from other departments to make up the slack... I could go on and on.
Pros
Company sponsored lunches
Cons
Even these lunches are potluck...everyone has to bring something. Read the review for more.
Savannah was a great Location to work
CH-47 Mech I (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 8, 2018
Management knew their job well, treated employees fair, and salary was decent. Too bad the contract ended. The hardest part of the job was working in a hangar with no A/C. However the company di do their best to provide ample amount of fans around the hangar floor.
Very stressful place to work.
Aircraft Electronic Mechanic B (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 8, 2018
There are few good supervisors at the Greenville Plant with a very stressful work environment. They ride their solid employees cause they know if the job is going to get done their ones that are going to do it. The Company training for people with low experience to none is very poor with high expectations for them to perform. Job Planning is poor as well which is why they push Visual Progress. Causing jobs to be done out of sequence. Making it harder to do the job on top of having to undo a lot of work that is already been done. (Take 1 Step Forward, then 3 Steps Back).
Good people, questionable management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2018
It was great working with all the different people around L3 and getting to know them. However if profits are down the first response is to start letting people go.
Pros
People; Activities