L3 Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 2,817 reviews matching the search See all 3,079 reviews
Aerospace asnd Defense Contrractor
Project Manager / Lead Logistician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 6, 2019
The work environment was both challenging and exciting. The jobs worked were opportunities to gain exposure to other concepts and ideas that were outside of your normal job scope. This provided a broader perspective and a better product in the end. The management team was superb and always encouraging you to think 'out-of-the-box'. The workplace culture was pro-active and dynamic with each person given the opportunity to participate and be a part of the solution. The most enjoyable and exciting part of the job was the atmosphere of taking on the biggest challenges and arriving at a conclusion with everyone contributing to the solution.
Pros
Benefits, working with dedicaed professionals, challenging opportunities to work on great programs
Cons
Frequent travel
Mileage may vary, not always a cutting edge company
Management Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIJanuary 2, 2019
L3 is a collection of divisions, so this review doesn't apply uniformly to all divisions. My particular division only loosely followed the company mission statement and values.

During my time there, I was aided by local management in terms of career advancement and opportunities. However, the division management continually stymied and denied such moves. There was a division culture of the "good old boys" club in place, despite moves by the larger L3 organization to eliminate such things.

My interactions with other divisions were much more positive.
Merger has put company employees at risk
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rockwall County, TXJanuary 13, 2019
L3 was a holding company comprised of ~80 different acquisitions over 20+ years. It has been considered a Technology company for approximately 3 years. Since then, enterprise level changes and tools have been flowed by Corporate that were not properly executed nor tested prior to deployment. Since the announcement of the merger, job titles have been changed, less opportunities for executive level promotions are available and there is a culture of chaos that prevails.
Pros
Stock purchasing
Cons
Flippant leadership decisions
It's okay, not great career advancement
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2019
L3 is great to work with, but not for.

Career growth is stifled due to archaic performance reviews and stunted salary growth. Expect a 3% pay increase per year regardless of your output.

I was frequently told "the people who earn the most here, are those who found a new job and came back". That culture combined with our benefits being slashed makes L3 not a place to have a long career.
Pros
If you are self motivated, you can learn a lot
Cons
Salary/Career growth.
Getting Better now that L-3 is weeding out poor management
Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 27, 2018
This use to be a fantastic company to work for but it went through a 8 year rough patch which either unfairly drove employees away or unjustifiably fired people for the incompetence of their supervisors/directors. Instead of letting senior officers of the company go when they couldn't perform, they just move them to different positions. A band aide at best and the harassment of good working subordinates continued. Through retirements and new opportunities outside the company most of the incompetent management has left with the exception of a few. This company does provide fair pay for both men and women and promotes in the same way.
Pros
Good benefits packages
Cons
Corporate should provide additional employee management relations training
Great Company Bad management
Manufacturing Manager 2 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 7, 2019
I worked there for 2 years as a paint supervisor. I was constantly being micro-managed and harassed due to my disability. The harassment showed in my performance reviews and eventfully led to me being terminated.

Over all the company was great to work for and I enjoyed what I did. My management however needs some training in people skills, anger management, and the ability to let supervisors supervise instead of being treated like a babysitter and letting all the decisions come from management.
Benefits
Cons
Micro-managed and untrust worthy
Over all great place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 9, 2018
Most days were busy and productive, making sure all my of my employees had the items needed, so they could have a productive day with the job that was assigned to them.

My learning experience was greatly appreciated, not just from learning form a day too day basics but learning a great deal from other people also.

Management was always willing to help out with any problems you had when they had the time, myself I tried to take care of any problem I had on my own before I took it to my manager because I knew he or she had their own daily task to perform.

Workplace culture was great.

The hardest part was not to overrun the budget that was given to perform the modifications for the aircraft and make sure my employees did not overrun the job that was assigned too them.

The most enjoyable part was working with the people.
Pros
lunches provided by management
Cons
lunches too shot
Tough on spirits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 13, 2018
A typical day would start by walking into your desk and opening your email to find a torrent of emails with emergency fires that needed to be put out. Management did little to help snuff them out and simply turned into a funnel to direct all the nonsense down to the employees. Managers did not hold umbrellas to help shield their underlings, but rather funnels to send it all right to the bottom.

You're expected to donate your soul to the cause no matter what the effort entails.

Good o'boy culture.

Severely lagging behind the tech industry when it comes to modern technologies.

Operates by the "It works, so why make any changes" mentality.

Extreme amounts of technical debt.

Has a large number of people connected into high level positions that are making technical decisions without any knowledge of the subjects.
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
Healthcare, Paid Time Off, Zero Company Benefits, Location
L-3 Technologies
Field Engineer Avionics Technician II (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 30, 2018
L-3 being a large company does not really afford much room to work with schedules that suit your needs. Due to the nature of being a deployed technician you have very little say on what your schedule will be. While individual people are willing to work with you getting everyone on board to get something approved is next to impossible. In addition, you are not treated like a member of the team more like a number that is replaceable. The pay is more than fair for the position, and some of the benefits are great. The work/life balance can be fair if you can get people to work with you on it. For example, I extended to help them out whenever they needed me to last year, but when it came time to get new schedules I got the worst schedule I could possibly receive. In response to my request to move the schedule 3 weeks to the right so as not to miss Christmas by 6 weeks every year only 1 person was willing to work with me.
Pros
Pay, time off in big chunks
Cons
People wont help you out when you need it, your needs are not considered
Good Job
Manufacturing Planner 3 (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 25, 2019
L-3 is a good company overall. While I was there the company had some challenges that required them to look at the company from the top down, and make adjustments. My personal experience with my management was not a good one, but given the task that they had to work through I believe their hands were tied in terms of what they could really do for me.
Pros
Salary, + Benefits
Cons
Working enviroment, and poor management
L3 Datron
Shipping, Receiving & Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Great company culture, great benefits. Low pay for average of job type. Management was good. President was very involved with improving morale and day to day ops. 9/80 work schedule was a great benefit.
It was a good place to work
Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2019
My experience at L3 started off very well. It was fun and exciting. The work was challenging and fun. After about a year and a half, management exported our product to be built at other facilities. Management was restructured and our job security felt very low. Combined with the very low amount of work, it made for very very low morale. After 3 years I went from loving my job to absolutly dredding being there, so I quit.
Great place
Electronics II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2018
daily work was great. Management address issues with Government inspectors and gave clear guidance daily. Down side no annual pay raises. The most enjoyable part of the job was positive feedback from customers and management.
Pros
Great Supervior
Cons
Goverment inspectors
An Okay place to start a career
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 2, 2018
The biggest problem with this place is they are stuck on their successes from 20 years ago and the government just lets them ride it out. They do the same thing the same way without taking into account how technology has changed. You'll always have a job, but you'll stay in that job forever. I've gotten plenty of performance awards during my time there, and not so much as a single promotion. Pay raises are small if existent at all and benefits get worse and cost more by the year.
Government was their main customer. What they said goes.
Priciple / project and manufacturing field (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 7, 2018
Meetings and reviews of documentations. Assignment for day due to changing priorities. Good people, but after a while they became crusty cut-throat or paranoid cover my lower torsoe type of people. Products generally were good, but they struggled getting out of the prototype phase due to government funding of 1st article and going into manufacturing.
Pros
Benefits were exceptional.
Cons
Managers didn't have your ear or your back. Change was scary to them most of all
Material Program Management
Material Planning/ Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 9, 2018
High stress but rewarding job. I have been very fortunate to have mentors that have taught me much about over all material management and supply chain processes . The employees are great to work with and are very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the satisfaction of completing the task and seeing the results.
Pros
Great people, hardworking
Cons
stressful, no work life balance, lack of clear direction
Stressful Atomosphere
Senior Program Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2019
Management is passive agressive and the company discriminates against those with Disabilities, Veterans, Over 40, and will do everything to get rid of employees making higher salaries. I was fired even though I was a Disabled Veteran and on FMLA. I also happen to be an employee 49 years at the time.
Pros
Nothing.
Work Availability
Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 7, 2018
Management won't get off its butt to secure contracts. A "Skin and Kin" organization. Pay is not competitive. Training and advancement is only available to white employees or relatives.
Friendly work place with a great potential for growth with the right management
INTERIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 4, 2019
It has been a great working experience at L3 Technologies where I have learned many great skills and gained experiences in various areas of the aviation and interior design industry.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor job security and some aspects of management
Mismanaged Segment
Program Manager - Head of State Programs (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 18, 2018
L3 is generally a great company -- if you don't work in the aircraft segments. They provide great benefits and incentives and hire quality people. Unfortunately, L3 of the past 10-15 years is acutely focused on building products and systems for the military only. As a result, they attempt to manage the aircraft mod and integration units just as they do the product-oriented segments. Design and integration of an interior, a communications, self defense or weapons system is much more a SERVICE than a product. At best, it's a one-off, developmental product for each and every new contract/aircraft type -- unless the contract is for fleet installations. Until L3 recognizes this and manages those units appropriately, the units and the people who work in them will suffer.

L3 sees recent failures in those segments as the result of poor performance by the local employees and managers. They do not provide an experience based, overall scheme for management of the service aspect of these programs at all, and as a result the integration team suffers under the unrealistic contract agreements made for them by management teams with little aircraft installation/integration experience.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Unrealistic budgets, no training, no cohesive project/functional managment team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3 Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight