L3Harris Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 15, 2019
Harris uses Agile Methodologies in a real and practical way. It does not get in the way of doing productive and innovative work. Teamwork is highly encouraged and managers provide very flexible scheduling. The benefits are great,
Great company and culture. Luck of the draw on management.
Engineering Technician / IT Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Forest, VANovember 14, 2019
Great company and culture. Luck of the draw on management. I work in the manufacturing facility, which can get monotonous at times, but I am able to cross-train a lot which helps keep you moving and creates more opportunities.
Productive technical workforce
Systems Integration and Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2019
L3Harris is a supportive culture of respectful and ethical engineers held to high standards and process adherence. I enjoy the professionalism demonstrated by my peers; fostering an environment that is conducive to engineering with a focus on excellence.
Our leadership is consistent in their messaging and expectations, for life balance, career development, ethics, health, and safety. I enjoy that we are collectively involved in our communities too; giving back, making life better for those in need.
Very aggressive workplace
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 13, 2019
Very high expectations of performance, but equally high ability to climb the ladder. Do not apply if you're over 50. Good place for new grads or mid-career.
Procurement Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 10, 2019
Great place to work. Enjoy the people I work with. My managers allow me to use my flex time when needed. Managers are very professional. Really the total atmosphere around my work area.
Great people working hard
Senior Software/Fielded Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 10, 2019
Everyone is very friendly and I believe that all employees put there best foot foward. We have a new ceo and he is the best. I've never seen such a friendly person. I believe centra is a stepping stone for the younger GENERATION and the older employees are their to stay.
HR only listens to one side of the story. never got to speak. never really got an answer to why I was terminated. all a big secret
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 7, 2019
If someone goes to HR about you, make sure you go crying to them as well. Because, if you don't , they'll. Never ask your side of the story , and not even give you a reason for termination. Very poor biast HR
Formerly great place to work - slowly dwindling with time and growth
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 6, 2019
Interesting work, but large disparity between compensation for upper management and workforce. Corporate management more focused on short term profits than building company for long term success. Many "for employee" initiatives are poorly planned and rarely funded. Extremely inefficient internal processes remain from days when company was much smaller likely will affect future success as company has grown.
Regional Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2019
Good place to work. Would definitely recommend for single younger guys to work for some good experience. People are awesome and the work is rewarding.
Your mileage may vary
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 4, 2019
They are going through growing pains with no end in sight. Took them 9 months to properly place me on a project. Constantly switched me from manager to manager, so I didn't have anyone to advocate for my work performance or skills properly. Friends all ended up quitting to work for competitors, so that's pretty indicative of the work culture there.
Strong group of highly skilled, intelligent and collaborative employees.
MRP Project Data Migration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 1, 2019
Pros:
Quick efficient meetings.
Empowered, intelligent employees with lots of lateral and promotion opportunities
Overall cooperative environment.
Interesting, challenging work
Cons:
Long, slow on-boarding process (Side effect of security requirements)
Good place to work. But overtime is usually mandatory.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2019
Working 4-10s is great! Management is pretty good overall. As long as you show up to work and do your job you should fit in great here. They try to really woek with employees to help resolve any issues.
Great long term employer
Planner (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 31, 2019
I have been here nearly 30 years and many of my associates exceed my seniority. PTO is 4 weeks for the new employee to be accrued weekly. This continues through year 9.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
insurance
Great Company
Production Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 30, 2019
Great company to work for. However, they need to be more competitive in the compensation area. This will go a long way with their employee retention.
Good products
Material Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 29, 2019
Large company, great job security. Started as a assembler and moved to testing. Great facilities, gym cafeteria. Not to far from my house. Company outings every year.
productive, nice place to work on job training, many opportunities, health benefits,also the company from time to time have fun cook-outs
Senior Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 26, 2019
productive, nice place to work on job training, many opportunities,union shop, health benefits,also the company from time to time have fun cook outs ...
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work
Machinist Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2019
Depends what type of job you are assigned to do, they are willing to cross-train you if you want to. Great people to work with, you have to stand up most of the time when you are working.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 24, 2019
Family oriented goal focused organization that is growing leaps and bounds under the new merger. More recent efforts are more focused on change and a culture shift to support the synergies across the company.
Typical defense contractor
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 22, 2019
Typical publicly traded defense contractor; over-diversified several years ago and then spend a substantial amount of time untangling the various businesses it bought / started.
Keep oriented and your head straight
SMT operator and ICT test tech engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 22, 2019
for the most part work environment is very fun, there is always something to do. you do have to keep you head on the game and no horseplay. attention to details is a Must!