L3Harris

L3Harris Employee Reviews

Found 4,250 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,611 reviews

L3Harris insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Family atmosphere for a large company pressure to meet deadlines

scheduling is too close to dead lines. Creates an almost impossible dead line for planning to meet with the personnel with experience having to work a great amount of over time. Technicians work well together majority of the time. direct management supportive and great full.

Pros

reasonable flexibility of scheduled hours

Cons

Lack of information at times

June 17, 2021
Thanks for your review! We're glad you are enjoying the flexible schedules and family environment. If you see an opportunity for us to improve or streamline a process, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner or manager to help us continuously improve.

big company

Big company and lots of management layers, older technology. Pockets of quality products but not always. Could be a career for those who like to hang onto what forever.

September 14, 2021
Thank you for your review. We empower employees to suggest and implement process improvements through our internal continuous improvement platform, e3. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your suggestions.Thank you

Technology and Engineers are Amazing, No Leadership

This company and the business unit I fall under has amazing potential because of the technologies and engineers working those technologies; however, there is no leadership with strategic vision or an understanding of how to take the technology and develop a business around it. This is causing nearly 100% turnover in staff and exacerbating an already high pressure environment to make unrealistic financial goals.

Pros

Great technologies, great engineers and lower level employees

Cons

The worst executive leadership team I have seen in over 25 years of working in this industry.

I had a great manager and coworkers

I was asked to bend over backwards for the company with very little compensation. It was frustrating to come to work everyday work hard and complete tasks and not be rewarded my paycheck

Pros

Coworkers and immediate manager

Cons

Pay was terrible

September 14, 2021
Thank you for your review. An employee’s annual base salary is determined by various factors including the actual job duties performed, the market rate of pay for the job, the employee’s performance, years of job-related experience, and the location where the job is performed. The organization puts a strong emphasis on rewarding significant contributors and high potential employees. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

You can stay here and possibly advance in the company providing you can get along with others.

This company has a lot of younger workers, many of which bring drama and immaturity to the workplace. Sometimes it's difficult to stay focused on the work at hand with this drama, but if you can distance yourself from this, you could make this job work for you.

Pros

One free lunch per month, decent amount of PTO for time worked.

Cons

Personal drama amongst the younger employees can create multiple distractions.

September 14, 2021
Thank you for your review. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner to discuss your questions and suggestions. Thank you

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

easy job

This has been the easiest job I have ever worked, and it is a great way to gain clearance levels and security licenses. Benefits are fantastic and starting pay is pretty good compared to other security jobs. However they lie about the pay raises. They tell you, you will earn a certain amount once you achieve a certain clearance level, only to find out you've had the clearance for months and they don't inform you that you have it. Once you find out about your clearance level and you ask when the pay will start they tell you to give them a few weeks to get it in the system, only for months to pass and still no news on the pay raise.If they would be honest and say they give you a pay raise once a certain project is on sight I would at least respect that. Its the blatant lie that blows me away. That and the fact that the other employees that aren't a part of security have zero respect for the security officers. We are cussed out, yelled at and belittled on nearly a daily basis and nothing happens to these employees. But if we make any remark to one of the employees we are either required to apologize or are suspended without pay, or both.There also tends to be times where we are extremely understaffed so overtime gets forced on you and you have to work your days of,.or your shift becomes 16 hours long.

September 14, 2021
We are sorry to hear you feel your employee experience was not favorable so far and that you are having issues with your compensation. We encourage you to reach out directly to your HR Business Partner to help answer any questions you may have. In addition, if you have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or Ethics Advisor. Additionally, we offer employees a way to voice their concerns confidentially and/or anonymously, through the Ethics & Compliance Helpline (www.L3HarrisHelpline.com or 877-532-6339). Thank you

flexibe work schedue

it varies a lot depending on what program you are on. The overall culture is conservative but more flexibility within engineering. the good thing is there are a variety of programs, and the job is that there are being ruled under the same overall culture. Thus, as all of the bigger companies, there is no big advances easily but the fundamentals are reasonable. The paid is fair but better if don't stay at the company for long period of time.

Pros

9-80 schedule

Cons

need to look for work or take PTO when between programs.

Awful place to work

The culture is very toxic. Managment want the job done regardless if it is done properly, the same goes for supervisors. My manager would berate anyone out in the open regardless if there were other people around.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Everything else

Good pay, job security

I'll always be thankful for the open minded individual that took a risk based on me despite a 20 year employment gap. It's been very difficult, particularly during Covid lockdowns, but possible to excel individually here.

August 30, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience and found a career here, at L3Harris!

Run.

Although working for L3 Harris seems like a breeze, it's actually pretty disorganized right now, management wise. Keep your head down, say nothing, don't stand out, and you will do fine.

Pros

flexible work hours and good pay

Cons

pretty much everything else

Jobs at L3Harris

See more jobs

Glad to be part of this company

The company, at least my business area is headed in a very good direction. They make good choices to grow the business. Flexible on work/ life. Reasonable benefits and compensation. Definitely room to grow your career.

Pros

Career growth, good compensation

Cons

Not really any

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience!

No room for growth

This company will tell you that you will have room for growth. The truth is once your in a position you will stay there no matter what. I have a college degree , combat vet , yet was looked down most times. The company will hire outside people instead of hiring within the company. Moreover , if your a vet who struggles with ptsd that needs to go to your appointments the company will make you use your PTO times that makes it harder to get the time back. This company needs to come up with a plane that cares for vets .

Pros

Job

Cons

Caint go to appointments, people are rude, hours are terrible.

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you feel as though you did not have a positive experience. We offer many benefits such as multiple healthcare plan options, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is free for all employees and a discretionary PTO policy for exempt employees that gives our employees the flexibility to take time off when needed. We encourage employees to seek internal promotions and opportunities within the company to support their own career plans while enabling L3Harris to maximize talent across the enterprise and succeed in the markets we serve.We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Current Management is very left-leaning, in an overly overt way. Alienates 50% or more of the employee base

The technical work is challenging, exciting and supports important national missions. Our products are well received and respected by users. This provides pride in my work product.However, if you disagree with Management "woke" political views, life can be tough. They will find ways to make work life difficult for you. Recommendation is to keep your personal views to yourself.

Pros

9/80 Work Shift

Cons

Management is NOT transparent or honest

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. We agree with you the work we do is mission-critical, and we are glad to hear you find great pride in the work you are doing! We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss some of your suggestions.

A good place to work at but needs more effort to innovate rather than using old pieces of code and designs. I rarely had the chance to innovate and was just working on 40 Years old code every time.

Pros

Good work life balance, "unlimited PTO" but more like160 hours which is great.

Cons

Hard to change and sometimes management is slow

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience! We are always looking for ways to continuously improve. We encourage you to leverage our internal continuous improvement platform (e3), and/or reach out to your manager or get in touch with your HR Business Partner to discuss your ideas.

The opposite of a young progressive company.

The company is an older workforce totally against New ways of doing things that could be more efficient. There is a continual disconnect between Management and the employees.

Good Company

People are great, the work is interesting. You learn a lot.great work life balance and great vacation policy. Growth opportunities and open door management

Pros

Great atmosphere

Engineering Tech

I worked in Torrance as an Engineering Technician, there is no procedures to follow. You depend on your trainer to learn your job. Hostile environment . On the department that I worked, they do not allow you to use their test benches to learn and do your job eventually. During your training, if your make a mistake during testing or troubleshooting PCB's. Management would know and becomes part of your performance. I have not work in such a hostile environment. Everything is micro-manage.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks

August 5, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you feel you had a unfavorable employee experience. We offer employees and non-employees a way to voice their concerns confidentially and/or anonymously. If you would like to further discuss any ethical concerns, please reach out to the Ethics & Compliance Helpline (www.L3HarrisHelpline.com or 877-532-6339).

I enjoyed my time with L3 and had a great manager. I enjoyed my role and would have stayed if they would have made me a full time employee instead of a contractor

Decent starter job

Had great work life balance with different shifts available and a 9/80 schedule. Great start pay. Very unorganized and lack of training. Management did not know where to put you in and would move you around a lot

August 5, 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. L3Harris’ utilizes a learning management system to provide self-directed learning resources with over 10,000 searchable on-line assets, quick access resources for just-in-time learning and content libraries that support business and professional development.

Really easy work in the AC

I don’t hate working here but I feel like I’m stuck and going nowhere fast here. The benefits suck and vacation time has been cut along with bonuses. If you want to make good money yell need a degree or you have to work lots of OT and work here 20 years. But if you want a laid back job in the AC out of the AZ heat then it might be worth it for you

Pros

Job security easy work

Cons

Not great pay

Horrible

I worked here for 20 years. It got progressively worse every year. The cronyism at this place runs rampant. It’s all about who your “friends” are. That’s how you get promoted. That’s how managers are selected. It was disgusting. I would never work there again. Horrible management and horrible environment.

Pros

Decent pay if you negotiate it up front.

July 27, 2021
We are sorry to hear you felt as though you were not supported in your career development. We aim to continue to develop our employees and one of the ways we do so is by utilizing our learning management system to provide self-directed learning resources. This includes over 10,000 searchable online assets that support business and professional development, IT and Technical Development, Digital Transformation and Design Thinking, and Leadership. Additionally, we take all reports of unethical behavior very seriously, and we offer employees and non-employees a way to voice their concerns confidentially and/or anonymously. If you would like to further discuss any ethical concerns, please reach out to the Ethics & Compliance Helpline (www.L3HarrisHelpline.com or 877-532-6339).We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3Harris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K

InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight