L3Harris

Colorado Springs, CO51 reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,914 reviews
lharriscontractgovernmentaircraftdefenseengineermilitarydivision

Steady work

Government work, good as long as the contact your on is renewed and pay is usually pretty good. Good teammates but sometimes bureaucratic in nature. Can move around after you have been an employee for a year or more.

Pros

Good teammates

Cons

Top heavy since merger

Great company, flexible work schedule, results focused

Great company, with unlimited paid time off and flexible hours. As long as the mission is getting done, you don't have to worry about micro management. Salary is very competitive as well.

Pros

Flexibility, unlimited PTO & sick time

Official response from L3Harris

October 26, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are having a positive employee experience!

L3Harris insights

• Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible Management

It's as they say; it's never the work and always the management. Unclear direction and outlines of corporate policies. You receive stern words when they are the ones who make a policy completely subjective and then tell you that you're acting out of line. Promotions and raises are not transparent at all. The project is fun, but the way direct supervisors manage reduces the "fun" to nil.

Pros

Unlimited sick leave

Cons

Poor management

A certain level of toxicity

Not a lot of joy in the halls, Maybe it was just who I worked with but there was quite a bit of backstabbing. Technical challenges were interesting and rewarding.

Productive and fun place to work, flexible hours

Productive and fun place to work Flexible hours, work from home during inclement weather Family friendly, activities and get togethers that include families

Great Work/ Life Balance

Given the option to work 4 days 10 hours along with flex time has allowed me the opportunity to be able to take care of my personal and professional life. Also, unlimited vacation days has been super worth it.

Flexible and Quick Paced

First and foremost, I love my job at L3Harris. The work is challenging, and there are plenty of processes to fix and improve, so it never gets stagnant. I work with a great team of technicians who are hard working and eager to go above and beyond, which makes my job a little bit easier. The day to day changes constantly, working on different pieces of equipment that vary in complexity and design. Unfortunately, career advancement and compensation for going above and beyond is non-existent. I advanced 3 levels in my time there, and absorbed and performed the duties of two others who were above me, as well as one of my peers, and never saw a dime for it.

Lost in space

I worked for Harris for 5 yrs, I had as many managers, not one of them really knew what I did all day, great for me until performance reviews came around cause then it was 2.5% for everyone!! Harris has grown faster than management can handle so now it’s just a huge ship floating in space looking for a direction. HR is pushing to hire fresh young minds right out of high school an college.

Great stepping stone, Lots of opportunities

Great stepping stone, Lots of opportunities. I just was not advancing as fast as I had hoped and was not paid fairly. Advancement was promised, but never delivered.

Too many cooks

We have really good intentions here, and some really amazing people; smart, talented, and fun, but of those, few are involved in the direction of where things need to go. Instead, the talent is squandered for petty and sometimes comical reasons (DoD contracting is like that sometimes.) Suffice it to say, it's time the employees in my division find a way to make their own Jira board to which the plethora of middle management will be beholden. The company is miserable at attracting talent in our area and apportioning it, again this is DoD contracting; yet has one of, if not the, highest attrition rates in the industry. Though there are signs of improvement in many sectors, a sluggish and almost Paleolithic mentality are hampering a real push towards industry standards, like DevOps, CI, among other things. Culture is an issue. That said, I still love it here for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: excellent benefits, managers who do listen (even if they can't affect much ) I never once felt micromanaged. I feel valued even if I cant charge for attending mandatory meetings. I adore their technology.

Benefits

Cons

Direction

Great opportunities, exciting locations, difficult management

Great opportunities for all levels. Management was too job focused and often did not listen to needs of employees. Flexible schedule was outstanding. Compensation was more than fair.

Challenging

Work at Harris was challenging but very easy to get help, training, mentoring if needed. If willing to work and study, the opportunities were there to help you succeed and advance.

Pros

Flexible work hours if needed. Education/training was available on own time or during lunch.

Cons

Government contractor. Less job security

Good place for steady work

This job was dependent on a yearly funding effort, that when the time came was scary. If That was the hardest part, other than all the government bureaucracy dealing with working on an Air Force base.

Pros

Hourly work, Paid overtime

Cons

Expected to stay for overtime, other engineers promoted that didn't have merit.

Harris Review

Harris Corporate has established a culture of ethics and accountability. The leadership team has set up a culture to compete well into the future and one of trust and responsibility by all individuals.

This is a real professional place to work. The balance between work and life is lacking. I like the 401 K plan and all the other benefits. The yearly bonuses were a plus.

Best company i have worked for so far in my life (39 y/o)

Was repeatedly given tasks of higher and higher technical difficulty, and given the freedom to work these challenges with great colleagues. Pay was agreeable and had medical plan.

Professional, fast paced environment

Hired on to Harris 2 years prior to contract end for a portion of the work force. No guarantee of a promising future as Harris wants their corporate managers to manage this Air Force contract. Most days are very active. I enjoyed training others on systems I had learned.

Pros

Free coffee, tea, break room kitchenettes.

Cons

Unstable environment nearing end of long term contract.

Good company

Good company with pockets of excellent technical opportunities. The site I was at was in support of a large DOD contract, so the culture was driven by that contract and not by Harris.

Enjoyed working with other employees and Manangement was more of a hands off deal. There if you needed but not bugging you. Learned to manage from some of the best. Enjoyed inter action with other employees and was kept up to date with everything going on in the company. The company paid a fair wage and contributed to my 401K greatly.

Harris

Harris has been a great place to work. The management can be great, but that goes with every place. I have had great opportunities with my time with them.

Forced Reviews are Ridiculous

I think reviews of companies I have worked for should be optional. I am actually unhappy with Indeed for forcing me to review companies without making it optional to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3Harris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at L3Harris.
Powered byComparably