L3Harris

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 1,346 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,793 reviews
lharriscontractgovernmentaircraftdefenseengineermilitarydivision

Exciting place to work developing cutting edge technologies

Fast-paced, exciting place to work developing cutting edge technologies. Very collaborative environment where senior management works with and for the employees ensuring they have the tools and resources they need to do their jobs. Benefits are much better than the industry norm.

Great Company to work for with benefits, work life balance

L3HARRIS Technologies is a great company to work for anyone looking to start as intern or experienced professional. There are always opportunities to advance career and grow with the company. Company provides good benefits, 9/80 schedule for NA employees, education assistance, vacation, 401K etc.

L3Harris insights

Based on 1,213 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Good people there and can get good hours

Not a bad place to work could be better but gave five stars because they are working on towards getting better. The pay really isn't bad at all yes there are places that pay better but it's decent.

Best company

Best company I worked for. Great benefits, pay and coworkers. Pretty straight forward job, need to be attentive but easy job. I wish there was a similar company where I’m living now.

Good culture & work life balance. Not competitive pay.

Overall a decent place to work. The pay and advancement structure could use some improvement. You have to have someone higher up fighting for you to get a real bump in pay.

5-star workplace Pleasant atmosphere Fair place to work Excellent work-life balance Competitive wages Excellent benefits Great management Wonderful company to work for

Good pay benefits

Easy job, need to be able to learn new systems quickly. Good working environment. Over seas time to maximize earnings, good management. Predictable schedule

Avoid

Chickens with their head cut off. very disorganized from top to bottom. Long time employees hostile and generally not good workers — the good ones left long ago.

Good flexible work times

Felt being underpaid. Hard being hard of hearing and can hear in background people chatting. I just mainly focus on work. Good diversity and people often help other people.

Pros

Flexible work schedules

Cons

Base pay

Productive place to work, very laid back

A very laid-back place to work in my section. Good benefits and pay in my opinion. The only downside is that because they operate off contracts, they don't always have work for interns like me, making hours put in and pay very unpredictable.

L3 Harris technologies definitely is a good working environment with many opportunities to grow into a career.Good training and good benefits to offer.

Decent Place to Work

I think L-3 is a decent place to work, considering I've had lower paying jobs in faster paced environments. The key is having a supervisor you have a good rapport with. They are flexible with schedules and taking off work, as long as you keep the lines of communication open. The environment is laid back but never get too comfortable. If you do your work and don't get embedded in office drama, you should be okay.

Pros

Decent pay, flexible schedules, free coffee

Cons

Not enough job opportunities to transfer

Decent place to work

I enjoyed the work here and it's a pretty laid-back work environment. Since the merger with Harris, there hasn't been any pay increases except for the annual merit which only averaged around 2.8%. For that reason, a lot of talented engineers have left the company for better pay leaving the rest of us picking up the extra slack.

Pros

Job security, Pto, and laid back atmosphere

Cons

Pay and wages remain stagnant, Management is unqualified in many departments

Worked there for 20 years

I enjoyed working at L3. After the merge with Harris the company went from a family feeling to a more corporate environment. The pay was good but the benefits seemed to drop year by year. I trusted that my supervisors had my best interest in mind, they listened and helped.

What is the best part of working at ?Strong benefits and supportive coworkersWhat is the most stressful part about working at L3Harris?Work is concentrated into the first 2 weeks of the month, significant downtime in the off weeksWhat is the work environment and culture like at L3Harris?Fairly conservative but better than a lot of Utah based companiesWhat is a typical day like for you at L3Harris?Prepare weekly and monthly reports regularly in addition to tasks that are requested by management or program managers

What is the best part of working at ?Plenty of opportunities to move around and try new roles/teams if you're a go-getter; also every other Friday off is greatWhat is the most stressful part about working at L3Harris?Not getting recognized and given raises/promotions if you're on less "high profile" projects

people leaving left and right

it was not good before the merger L3-Harrisit became disgusting to work after the merger.benefits are one step above nothing, lousy management. Vacation policy is a joke.

To many politics

I work for l3 in different departments I learned alot but also did alot of work the pay wasn't competitive at times with other companies but work was steady and fluent.it mattered who you new or who you were related to no matter your experience or knowledge .thats what makes the work environment not so friendly.

Don’t work at L3Harris

L3Harris changed over the years. Benefits have deteriorated. No one is fairly compensated. There’s been mandatory overtime for years. Business uses HR and policy to use employees. Business is far more strict, inflexible, and inconsiderate now. One example, I was forced and incentivized to move to a weekend schedule, and told I would be exempt from mandatory OT. One week later, given mandatory OT. “L3Harris doesn’t want to employ people anymore.” Resigning is the best decision I made in a long time.

Pros

Occasional appreciation lunches, but worse over time.

Cons

Compensation, career advancement, work-life balance

No management support

Middle management is not professional. The "good 'ol boy" force is strong. Direction is either non-existing or micro-managed. There is no balance. Expected to work 40 plus hours regularly. We literally had an engineer work all night to make his deadline. Toxic environment.

Pros

Can't think of any, Salary average, Benefits average

Cons

Lack of transparency, no support

There’s No Work

Management has decided to hire anyone who applies. We have nearly the same number of instructors, as students. Instructors are getting between 20-30 flying hours a month. It makes no sense. Pay is $19 an hour. We all have loans to pay back. This used to be the best place in the central Florida area to work, but now there’s no hours, pay was slashed by $5-$10 an hour, and there used to be a $1000 housing bonus every month. It’s now a part time job with people scrambling to make money to pay back loans and fight inflation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3Harris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare L3Harris with

L3Harris reviews by popular job title

• L3Harris
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?