La-Z-Boy Furntiture Galleries Employee Reviews

Fast paced, competitive environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 5, 2019
Culture changed after they went commission a yr. Ago. You are only as good as your last LARGE sale. Lots of pressure and constantly comparing to each other.
Pros
Generous discount
Cons
Cutthroat environment
Man! Beware!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 17, 2019
As soon as I walked into this store and sat down with the manager, I could already feel the bad vibes. We barely went over my resume. He got personal and started to let me know how the guy they’re letting go isn’t that good of a worker... He went on to tell me how the warehouse manager is too. After that, it seemed more like we were talking about people rather than interviewing. Next day, I met the warehouse manager who is a pretty cool lady but unfortunately she got thrown in an ugly situation, that made it hard to show how things would really go. It was really confusing. Sales people on the floor were ok when they weren’t yelling at each other in front of customers. Manager cursing loud in his office while customers walk by. The vibes throughout the company were off and it showed. They spent more time talking about each other than anything. I decided to leave because it just came too much. After I left, I was called from a few different numbers who were from there asking why I left... The manager seriously let me number out... BEWARE
Cons
Bad vibes, managers talk about each other, sales people yell at each other in front of customers, number was given out
I had a great team. They would always help me and help me learn new things and make sure i can always do better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
My team was one of the best teams I could have. We joked around but we were serious when need be and got things done. They have helped me learn so much and never judged me they know so much about the products and company. You go to them you're in great hands.
overall good place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 23, 2018
good place to work. management was very good. all employees were great and all worked well with each other. learned a lot while working there. got to see a lot the countryside while delivering furniture.
I love My Job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2018
Best Company to Work for! Always looking to improve our lives as well as our customers! Couldn't ask for a better place to work! I would recommend La Z Boy as a great place to work and shop!
A strong company with multiple locations.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 7, 2018
The hiring process is long and training is a full month. After training you are assigned to a store with a training status which can take a month or more. Highly micro managed.
Pros
good commission structure
Cons
training is very long
La-Z-Boy Southeast Is Different
Content Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAMarch 19, 2018
Most of the reviews on this page seem to be for La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries across the USA. I work for La-Z-Boy Southeast and they own and operate 8 locations in NC, SC, and GA. My experience with everyone at this company has been outstanding. They are a Christian company and everyone is treated like family. Ownership places a large value on the experience our customers receive, and this is why they treat their employees so well. Happy employees equal happy customers.
Pros
Open Communication with Leadership
Cons
High Stress High Reward
Assistant Sales Manager
Asssistant Manager (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 17, 2018
Tipperary is a great company to work for. They are very invested in each team member and strive to give each member all the tools to be successful.

They have a strong training for all design consultants, designers, and managers that will strengthen even the most tenured people's skills. You must be able to keep up with a fast paced environment and have self motivation to be successful. The most successful design consultants are good with time management, client follow up and have strong relationship skills.

This company provides great options for health insurance, vision, dental, and many other pros including generous employee discounts and a great commission structure.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k Options, Team Environment, Small company that is very invested in every employee, Ongoing training supplied, Employee Discounts, Pto
Solid company, supportive team environment
Design Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at La-Z-Boy. I received ongoing training and all I needed to be successful. Encouragement from upper management. Team environment. Great wages. Great place to work in retail.
Pros
Training, Supportive, Positive culture, People, Pay extremely high for what it was
Cons
Just retail but I've worked other retail before and this is the best by far.
Best Decision I Ever Made!
Vice President of Analytics (Current Employee) –  Augusta,GAMarch 16, 2018
I started my career with Tipperary Sales, Inc, a La-Z-Boy dealer here in the southeast, in 2002 as a Sales Professional. At the time I did not have a college degree. As a very young parent, I was able to comfortably provide for my family thanks to La-Z-Boy. Working in sales I was able to earn much more than friends who were older and with degrees. The sales commission structure offers an income potential that is only limited by your efforts. I was hungry, so I put in a lot of effort and my income grew in direct proportion to my effort.
Later on, I took a part-time position in the company while earning my bachelor's degree. Upon graduation, the company offered me opportunities to continue growing and advancing within the company. I now have a Master's degree, am part of the Leadership team here and am still growing and being challenged by this company. I cannot think of any place that I'd rather be. This is a great place for a career and to be a part of this work family.
Pros
Competitive Benefits, Great Culture, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Faith based, Strong work ethics, honest, respectful, Relentlessly pursues excellence
Cons
Limited spots available so only A players need apply (slackers will not last here)
Wonderful Place to Work!
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMarch 16, 2018
I have learned so much during my time as a design consultant at Lazboy. I like the fact that i can be there at 9 to open the store and leave at 6 or come in at 11 and leave at 8. It allows me to plan my schedule around work.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement, Great Hours, Great Co-workers.
Cons
Long Hours for Holidays and Sales.
Great company with a strong culture and values
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 16, 2018
Great company where hard work and dedication are rewarded.

Opportunity for advancement for someone with the mindset to do so.

The best part of this organization is the culture and the people.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Coaching Culture, Solid training, Promotes from within
Grat Opportunity
Sales (Current Employee) –  VariousMarch 16, 2018
I started in at a lower level position and was promoted 4 times in my tenure. The pay is more than the average for the industry. This is a good company for someone who strives for continuous success and growth.
Pros
Pay and Culture
Fast Paced, Driven, Hard Working Family Oriented Workplace
Content Marketing Videographer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2018
I left my own business of seven years to join La-Z-Boy Southeast. They offered a salary and benefits that I just couldn't turn down. The pay was 5 times the average I made at my own business, and the benefits included, Life Insurance, health, dental, vision, 401k, and profit sharing. Not to mention 80 hours of PTO. Which was amazing to me considering that I've taken one vacation in the past seven years.

The culture at La-Z-Boy Southeast is interesting to say the least. It's a very family oriented workplace. Once you're here, you're part of the family. But we're not talking about a family who just lets you do whatever you want. This is the type of family that wants you to be the best you that you could be. They saw potential in you and they want to see you use that potential and drive to succeed and accomplish tasks that you never thought you could.

When you work here at La-Z-Boy Southeast, you don't work hard because you're afraid of losing your job. You work hard because you want to be part of something great. Because one morning, you'll wake up, look at yourself in the mirror and you'll notice a better person staring back at you. So the question comes down to, Do you want things to be better or stay the same?

* Side Note *
It's always a good rule of thumb to never complain about free food. Free food is never a bad thing.
Pros
Pay is above average, Benefits are exceptional, Family Mentality
Cons
Can be Stressful at times, but it's worth it
La-Z-Boy Southeast - One team everywhere
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2018
La-Z-Boy Southeast is a family owned company and you feel it everyday. There are open lines of communication between the store level/ management/ and ownership.
There is a chance to grow and learn from industry leaders who have combined over 200 years of experiance.
We train four times the industry average and we are constantly pushing each other to become the best. We over come challenges to be a leading company in the southeast.
Working with all of our wonderful charity partners is an added bonus. To be able to have an impact on our community make this job even more rewarding.
Pros
100k Earning potential
Most La-Z-Boy stores don’t need and aren’t set up for design customers
Interior Designer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 12, 2018
La-Z-Boy is pushing their design program, but cannot keep the position filled.when a store takes on a designer, the regular employees are made hourly, & lose their commission. The designer is hired to be management, and receive commission based on “design sales” provided by the now embittered sales force. In a store with slow traffic, this is nearly impossible. Add to this constantly changing rules for what constitutes a “design sale”, and it really is impossible. Other managers get cuts of all sales, but designers get ONLY a cut of design sales. As one would expect, most of the designer jobs around the country are usually empty. Sadly, I stayed far too long at a losing store and lost nearly everything before I finally quit in sheer frustration.
Pros
Comfy furniture with decent engineering, made in USA
Cons
Dreadful craftsmanship & miserable, foolish management.
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 21, 2018
La-Z-Boy is a great place to work. The associates are only allowed to work part time but other than that there is a great work culture and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job
Fun Workplace
Designer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Fun workplace, nice coworkers. It was nice working for the company. It is a great place to get an entry level position, they offer a really good training process.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
pizza party every friday
Warehouse Worker/ furniture prepper (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2018
receive orders,unload trucks, put up inventory in rows, pull orders and prep for delivery. build tables, inspect furniture for damages. fix broken furniture for customers. relief delivery driver,.
Pros
pizza party
bad place to work
Retail furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 12, 2017
owners stole over 5 million in customers money and had theie licence removed. they should have had their license remove bad people i would not work there again that is for sure
Pros
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy Furntiture Galleries. Our community is ready to answer.

La-Z-Boy Furntiture Galleries Reviews by Location