Questions and Answers about La-Z-Boy

Here's what people have asked and answered about working for and interviewing at La-Z-Boy.

View all 31 questions about La-Z-Boy

In order to become a design assistant or full time designer, is a bachelor's degree in Interior Design required or will a certification/diploma from an Interior Design trade school suffice?


Help job seekers learn about the company by being objective and to the point.
Your answer will be posted publicly. Please don't submit any personal information. Guidelines

7 answers

They say the prefer a BA. However as long as you play the game. They will lie and act like you are actually a real designer, that's what they did with the Designer in Cranberry twp PA. Scamm


Report answer

Yes, but I already had a design/art degree that was higher than interior design. (I went to a prestigious 5 yr school prior, and had 2 years of formal education before that.) They want you to either have the INTD degree, or be *in school* for interior design. But anyone can be labeled a designer there, even a sales associate that takes the platinum level training. Only the "Head" designer has to have a bachelor's in INTD to get the $50-60,000 salary.

Answered - Sales/Design (Former Employee) - Mentor, OH

Report answer

From my experience, a certificate/diploma would be sufficient.

Answered - Sealer (Former Employee) - Dayton, TN

Report answer

They prefer a BA.

Answered - Interior Design Assistant (Former Employee) - Fredericksburg, VA

Report answer

Yes. Designers are required BA.

Answered - Sales Manager (Current Employee) - Los Angeles, CA

Report answer

A certification/diploma from an Interior Design trade school is sufficient to become a design assistant or full time designer.

Answered - Internationsl Support (Current Employee) - Monroe, MI

Report answer

Company is no longer in business - local dealer, not manufacturer

Answered - Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) - Canton, MI

Report answer