La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
IT Financial Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 14, 2019
La-Z-Boy is a great place to work. I worked there a little over a year and unfortunately it was too far of a drive to keep up with. Overall everyone I interacted with there was very professional and helpful. I still keep in touch with the people I worked with there years after I left.
World Headquaters - Monroe, MI
Supply Chain Admin (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 10, 2019
What a beautiful building to work in with all the technology! I was amazed. The café has a top chef working there and many food stations to decide from. You can even order dinner to go! Very nice people. I moved on to a better paying job.
Fun but stressful workplace
Comfort Expert (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Typical sales job, group commission plan. Must retain a lot of product knowledge. Great training program. The company will help you if you put in the work to be a good employee and salesperson.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
shifts are placed where they take your whole day
Great experience!
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 1, 2019
I began part time and was promoted quickly. I enjoyed my time at LZB. You are required to work weekends, evenings, holidays as a full time sales person or manager, but that is to be expected. Overall I would recommend LZB over other retailers.
Terrible owners and sales people
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 1, 2019
They pay well but the owners are rich stuck up snobs and should not be interacting with employees as they have no respect or tact with people "under them" and believe they can speak to you however they want, even if it's disrespectful and absolutely appalling words and mannerisms. They appreciate mean and back stabbing employees more than loyal and honest ones, and they refuse to take care of drama in the work place or lying sales people because the more you lie the better you do in their stores. Never once got a real lunch break, barely got to chew my food 90% of the time, but they deduct your 30 minute break out of your paycheck anyways.

If you do work here, I learned from the 2 back stabbing office girls that "suggesting you're getting lunch from a place the owners like and asking if they want anything from there will get your lunch bought for you". Never used this myself as I'm not a manipulative piece of garbage human being but just in case you do wanna give this place a go just for the free lunches.
100% Commission
Interior Design Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Being an employee was very rewarding and extremely interesting. I was given the position of Assistant Manager, which often meant working open to close several days a week. Retail requires week end and ALL holidays except Christmas and Easter. If I put in a "bell to bell" day, but didn't have any sales, I was basically giving the company my time and effort for free. When it was good, it was GREAT. After my first hurricane experience, the business took a hit and so did my wallet.
Pros
Great Company and works mates
Cons
100% Commission sales
Poor management
Stuffer (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MODecember 10, 2018
My stress and depression got worse because of here.
The cell coach is rude and disrespectful.
I constant feel out of place.
A cell coach will write you up for anything.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Living our most comfortable life
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2018
Living life comfortably! Lazboy is a awesome organization that offers excellent customer services relations and willing to make sure all customers needs are met
sales are rewarded
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 1, 2018
Sales people are not commissioned. They get hourly pay.The reward for great selling ability is eventual promotion within the company. Store managers are sales people.
Pros
sales giants get what they want
Cons
highly political environment
retail sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 25, 2018
My advice do not work there. It is a toxic environment. Bad Managers who gossip about employees to other employees. Unfair work place. General manager parties with the old single sales ladies, then feeds them sales under the table. MUST work ALL holidays, weekends etc.
LIFE is stressful, no one trusts the others, back stabbing, gossip, stressful. Owners stick their head in sand and do not address the problems.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Overall good experience. Great company, great furniture, and great co-workers. I definitely enjoyed working for La-Z-Boy and enjoyed the benefits that came with it.
Very good work place
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSNovember 12, 2018
Very good place to work. Liked the work hours. Liked that the company gave employee the opportunity to get over time hours. The supervisors were understanding of employees need for personal days off.
Pros
Good pay, Good people to work with.
Cons
N/a
Not a happy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 12, 2018
Nice showroom great product thats about it staff
Has a big turn over. Store manager had 2 sets of
Rules, one for his favoraties and a second set for
Everyone else.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Not a happy place to work
To slow of traffic at the west sacramento location
Comfort Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2018
I want to work for different company to slow of traffic for the West Sacramento store I have now been with the company a year. I hope I can dance somewhere else.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Slow traffic unable to make numbers
Overall a good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 7, 2018
They could do better with the management teams, as well as the culture. However, I loved helping people, making their day when I was able to put them in the right piece of furniture that fit them body, and style wise. I loved helping people create their rooms by going custom and tailoring everything around their needs and wants. It felt great to have a customer so excited about relaxing when they came home from work.
Pros
Helping people create their own designs
Cons
Some of the management staff in most of the stores have their cliques and if you're not apart of it, dont want any part in it or they dont like you for some reason, they can make your already long days seem even longer by giving you menial tasks to do.
Its a job
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 2, 2018
I liked it in the beginning but there's been a lot of management changes they bring people in that don't know our industry they just know an industry their not compassionate toward people they just go off what the computer says
Pros
40 plus hours most of the time
Cons
Short lunch and some supervisors are great problem solvers
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 1, 2018
Heavy favoritism culture and no Work Life Balance but you will learn a lot from working here as you will need to be very hands on with your day to day life.
Former employee
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNOctober 30, 2018
I liked driving for La Z Boy. They pay hub mileage and have great benefits. And I was home every weekend with an occasional night during the week. The job does require you to unload mainly tailgating furniture on many occasions. I would go drive for them again if I ever look for a company position again. I just left to pursue other career interest.
I liked the flexibility of my job duties
Termp (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 27, 2018
I was a temp filling in for a woman on maternity leave. I worked the front desk, HR Department and in Logistics. I worked with great people and everyone seemed to be like family there. It was challenging and fun.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Short term employ, emt
Cherry picker
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJOctober 27, 2018
No type of room for advancement unless you love to brown nose supervisors raise suck the head supervisor super greedy and doesn’t care for employees just care about the bonus he gets company is going to fall most of the hard workers are leaving I was one of the lucky ones that found a better job some of those guys will rot in there
Pros
Cons
Pay raise work fake people cut throat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight