La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Paying Close attention to my customers.
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 19, 2019
Working at La-Z-Boy has taught me to deeply analyse what customers need and want. I've learned in school that you have to listen to the customers and make their house into a home. Paying close attention to my customers don't just make them happy with their customer service, but also makes their house into a home that they love.
open
deliverly diver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70816March 9, 2019
hard work and under paid work holidays had to deal with rude coustmers and some dirty houses, beware of dogs having lifting and no u get a 50 cent raise every 9 month
Smoke and Mirrors
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMarch 6, 2019
Do not be fooled by the beautiful building!!! Management needs to be replaced with younger managers who can think outside the box, who have worked somewhere other than LZB in their career, and treat/talk to their employees like people and dogs. I’m not sure why HR policies are in place. Every team goes by their own rules. It’s an open seating office yet a few managers make you sit where they sit to micromanage you (rudely yells at a senior level employee to not use cell phone, however catches the supervisor on her phone and says nothing to her, both using cell for personal reasons). Double standards are the norm here. Also job responsibilities can and will change at anytime.

Don’t waste your time unless you are an intern. They treat them better than the employees that have been there 30+years.
Pros
Free fruit and peanut butter
Cons
poor management, double standards, almost impossible to get a raise, benefits are expensive, vacation time is industry low, no flexibility on certain teams
Cut throat, roller coaster ride
Sales Associate, Retail Salespersons (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 6, 2019
I was told when I was hired a whole different story about how things would be. When I began working here I got very little Training time in contrast to others hired after me.
The sales team is very young and they do not like it when someone older with many more years of sales and customer service experience is successful.
After 9 months of employment I was doing well .My sales were strong and I was growing my business. I was out sick 3 days with the flu. Day 3 at 1:30 pm I received a text message that read " Sarah we will mail you your final paycheck, good luck in your endeavors.'
I ask why the reply was " after having a conversation with your company workers we feel it's best to part company now"
Like I said they the co workers don't like successful sales people.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
With all the meetings etc. You live there nights weekend holidays
Horrible place to work
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOMarch 1, 2019
I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. Management doesn't care about the employees. They only care about upper level management and their bonus. Everyone has to work short staffed because they won't fill positions when needed. Takes forever to get a position filled when they do and if your on 2nd shift it is worse. Second shift employees are not treated equally to first shift employees. Very little of the "perks' on days are carried over on to 2nd shift because management won't stay over to ensure that it is done and the management on second shift aren't going to doing anything that they aren't forced to do.
Pros
Decent health insurance
Cons
long hours for short pay, constantly needing help, lack of leadership
A great switch and bait store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2019
A nice showroom , but you are left to yourself to learn the merchandise, while the trainer is more concerned with hittin her goals . There should be a definite training program, unstead of creating a work environement where you are not able to ask questions for everyone is about their own customers.
Pros
Nice show room
Cons
No training, Make things sound good, But they're not
Excellent sales staff.
Personalized Interior design of custom interiors (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 25, 2019
The laZboy Company does an excellent job, in my opinion, in training their staff on product knowledge. All were well versed and informed prior to the interaction with retail customers. The management at that particular location was very effective and an excellent leader.
Retail with long hours
Shift Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryland City, MDFebruary 19, 2019
Good product training program and decent benefits. High manager turnover leaving remaining staff to work very long hours and shoulder many additional responsibilities without increased compensation. Slow to hire replacement sales staff and managers (seems to be no urgency on the part of upper management).
Pros
Job security for top producers
Cons
Frequent compensation plan changes often not favorable to some categories of FT employees.
work environment wasn’t terribly bad. just didt make enough money
Furniture Maker (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARFebruary 16, 2019
La-Z-Boy wasnt a terrible place to work. just didt make enough money. The cell i was in i built sofas, wasn’t bad at work at all. was paid by the pieces. more sofas you built in the less amount of time the more money you made. if you didt hit that then the pay was based rate which was around $9-10.
Pros
clean work, wasn’t messy.
Cons
the pay
Great job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 11, 2019
This is a fun/fair and completely different retail environment. This is a great place to work, and the product is great! The training and benefits are phenominal!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2019
The company has changed to a commissioned based environment and is only focused on sales. At one time, the position was fun and exciting. Now it's solely focused on performance and can become highly stressful if you don't meet goals. Traffic (incoming customers) is a rollercoaster and toppled with unpredictable weather adds even more stress. I wish LZB adjusted sales goals to reflect realistic goal attainability. Many stores can't meet goals because we don't have the marketing or traffic to support it.
Pros
customers, flexible schedule, reasonable retail hours
Cons
extended holiday/event hours, lack of advancement, poor company culture
Peaceful place if you don't need money.
Furniture Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 28, 2019
This place is really good if you are in retirement or have an additional income. It is a low stress environment and the staff is extremely friendly and easy to get along with. The issue lies in the pay. The pay scale is rough and if you aren't delivering $50k in furniture sales per month then you will not make enough to make a living in this day and age. The reason for that is the high expectations the ownership has for this company. Your minimum metrics are high and are only met by the store manager and maybe one other person on a month to month basis. This company (Lebco Industries) do not advertise which results in very low foot traffic during the week. The hours are fair for a sales job. I would have loved to stay at this place but having a family to feed and bills to pay will quickly change your mind about working here.
Pros
Easy going environment. Friendly workforce.
Cons
Bad pay schedule and extremely low store traffic.
Customer driven, high competitive sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 26, 2019
A typical day was taking turns with customers coming through the door. Provided detailed information about the products of furniture and décor. When not with customers selling merchandise was expected to go to back room and do tests on knowledge of furniture or hangout and wait until our turn to go on sales floor.
Pros
Co workers were nice and took me under their wing
Cons
Management was terrible
good entry level job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 23, 2019
I had a good experience working at La-Z-boy. I was able to gain clerical work experience. The work was simple and very easy to learn. I liked working there.
Great Place to Work
IT Financial Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 14, 2019
La-Z-Boy is a great place to work. I worked there a little over a year and unfortunately it was too far of a drive to keep up with. Overall everyone I interacted with there was very professional and helpful. I still keep in touch with the people I worked with there years after I left.
World Headquaters - Monroe, MI
Supply Chain Admin (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 10, 2019
What a beautiful building to work in with all the technology! I was amazed. The café has a top chef working there and many food stations to decide from. You can even order dinner to go! Very nice people. I moved on to a better paying job.
Fun but stressful workplace
Comfort Expert (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Typical sales job, group commission plan. Must retain a lot of product knowledge. Great training program. The company will help you if you put in the work to be a good employee and salesperson.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
shifts are placed where they take your whole day
Great experience!
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 1, 2019
I began part time and was promoted quickly. I enjoyed my time at LZB. You are required to work weekends, evenings, holidays as a full time sales person or manager, but that is to be expected. Overall I would recommend LZB over other retailers.
Terrible owners and sales people
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 1, 2019
They pay well but the owners are rich stuck up snobs and should not be interacting with employees as they have no respect or tact with people "under them" and believe they can speak to you however they want, even if it's disrespectful and absolutely appalling words and mannerisms. They appreciate mean and back stabbing employees more than loyal and honest ones, and they refuse to take care of drama in the work place or lying sales people because the more you lie the better you do in their stores. Never once got a real lunch break, barely got to chew my food 90% of the time, but they deduct your 30 minute break out of your paycheck anyways.

If you do work here, I learned from the 2 back stabbing office girls that "suggesting you're getting lunch from a place the owners like and asking if they want anything from there will get your lunch bought for you". Never used this myself as I'm not a manipulative piece of garbage human being but just in case you do wanna give this place a go just for the free lunches.
100% Commission
Interior Design Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Being an employee was very rewarding and extremely interesting. I was given the position of Assistant Manager, which often meant working open to close several days a week. Retail requires week end and ALL holidays except Christmas and Easter. If I put in a "bell to bell" day, but didn't have any sales, I was basically giving the company my time and effort for free. When it was good, it was GREAT. After my first hurricane experience, the business took a hit and so did my wallet.
Pros
Great Company and works mates
Cons
100% Commission sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight