La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
overall
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTAugust 8, 2018
The place was awesome, people were willing to work as a team. Had time to spend with family and enjoy life. The pay was great and the enviroment was good to work in
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
it shut down
good company
Store Manager/Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee) –  marylandAugust 7, 2018
Overall a good company, environment is fun to work if you like being able to spend time with your customers. it is not a rush sale type of environment.
would not recommend
CSR in the call center at the world headquarters (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 6, 2018
it is not a place that I would recommend to work. the management does not listen to you. management is not forthcoming regarding work hours up front, they do not tell you about mandatory over time. If you don't take their benefits because you don't need them you are not compensated
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
controlling
Furniture Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 2, 2018
Happy to come to work everyday
Manager leta best in the business
Workplace great employees to work with
No hard part of the job
Enjoyable part of job working with great team!
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Breaks
A very relaxed environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 1, 2018
La-z-boy calm and professional working environment with great employees and customers alike. It was me first job experience, and I’m very grateful for how they treated me, and for the opportunities they provided.
Pros
Great training
Cons
A shortage of discipline
okay place to work at
Stuffer (Former Employee) –  redlandsJuly 31, 2018
the job interview was good they gave us a tour of the warehouse to show us what we will be doing if we were hired on. but didn't like that they were not open to cross train in other departments
LZB has the potential and strength with it’s brand
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 31, 2018
we have identified the Global operations has the potential and strength with it’s brands to carry-on such major project where ‘good furniture and recliners” is already becoming a needed solution for today’s lifestyle, and yet a tremendous opening for Flex to enter in a market where a solid brand such as Flex can add tremendous value and take advantage of the best emerging business in furniture segment worldwide.
Not fast paced
Store Manager/Regional Training Store (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHJuly 28, 2018
It is a clean comfortable atmosphere. In management you do put in at least 50 hrs but it ends up more like 60. They do pay well. You will work every weekend. You will work every holiday and expect extended hours during those holidays.
Pros
salary
Cons
As a manager you work at least 60hrs a week., every weekend and every holiday extended hours.
N/a
Hand welder (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 24, 2018
Good place to work. It has it's ups and downs but over all it's a good place to work. Just show up everyday on time and ready to work that's all they ask.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of communication
Very corporatly sound
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 23, 2018
The upper management is more interested in their numbers than to see the hard working people in the call center who are stricken with more restrictions, less recognition, low pay, no time outside of work and told to be healthy all the time. Not very employee conscious.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working Atmosphere
Seems great, until they change your goals.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2018
Company likes to tell you one thing and then do another. Bonuses were great until they changed the structure several times; making them almost impossible to achieve.
Management is a joke for the most part. "Do as I say, not as I do." mentality, which makes it very hard to make decisions on your own for fear of repercussions. The management team they have is a questionable one. You'll figure out that they're a bunch of children who like to gossip about one another and about they're employees.
This job is great for some short term money, but don't plan on making it a career. The culture is a very two-faced one. No one is your friend.
Cons
Pay, structure, hours, management
lazboy is a good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2018
I was there for some years. working with clients that understood the design program. I learned product knowledge about the furniture and other things we sold.
OTR driver
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 16, 2018
I worked for la z boy transportation for a number of years, some good and some not so good. The busy season was from March till July 4th then slacked off until October thru December. decent pay but not enough.
Pros
no one looking over your shoulder
Cons
not enough money for the time spent doing the work they require
Not the best place to work.
Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJuly 14, 2018
If you’re looking to keep busy with work for low pay, no room for growth or advancement then la-z-boy is for you. They will literally make you do everything including jobs you don’t get paid for, and if you don’t then your job is threatened. Poor management, no help. Only thing that keeps people here are the benifits.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Horrible work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, TX 77598July 13, 2018
Lazboy Lebco Industries franchise was absolutely horrible to work for. I always felt that my job was in jeopardy and that the employees were always pitted against each other bye the Store Manager . The selling and add ons were easy .Sales were often taken away or split with the manager if he had to assist you customer in any way if you were on your day off.
good people and work environment
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJuly 12, 2018
Employees and managers were very good at there job which translated to a good work environment. Pay was adequate and benifits were ok.Work was fastpaced but interesting
Pros
Nice fast paced work
Cons
No Cons all around good place to work
Productive decent pay
Upholstery (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 11, 2018
Hard work fast paste pays good with a chance to make production 1$ for every 10% over rate. Decent hours 1st or 2nd benifits are not to bad and can cover the entire family.
Pros
Good pay plus prodution
Cons
Hard to get into a cell that every can make over rate
La-Z-Boy moved to New Jersey
Color Blending, Burn-ins, Expert repair top damage (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 2, 2018
V=La-Z-Boy moved to NJ. This was a good job with good benefits. I enjoyed working for this company. I enjoyed my job thoroughly and was satisfied with the company for the most part.
Friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 1, 2018
The company itself is amazing to work for, however, being a CSR most of my day consisted of unsatisfied customers on the phone all day. That made it difficult to want to go into work and just set the mood for when you leave.
Excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
I had a great experience working at Lazboy and it gave me a wonderful foundation in furniture sales. They also had amazing furniture by the way. It was also a superb place to grow and develop my skills as sales associate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight