La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Very good work place
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSNovember 12, 2018
Very good place to work. Liked the work hours. Liked that the company gave employee the opportunity to get over time hours. The supervisors were understanding of employees need for personal days off.
Pros
Good pay, Good people to work with.
Cons
N/a
Not a happy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 12, 2018
Nice showroom great product thats about it staff
Has a big turn over. Store manager had 2 sets of
Rules, one for his favoraties and a second set for
Everyone else.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Not a happy place to work
To slow of traffic at the west sacramento location
Comfort Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2018
I want to work for different company to slow of traffic for the West Sacramento store I have now been with the company a year. I hope I can dance somewhere else.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Slow traffic unable to make numbers
Overall a good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 7, 2018
They could do better with the management teams, as well as the culture. However, I loved helping people, making their day when I was able to put them in the right piece of furniture that fit them body, and style wise. I loved helping people create their rooms by going custom and tailoring everything around their needs and wants. It felt great to have a customer so excited about relaxing when they came home from work.
Pros
Helping people create their own designs
Cons
Some of the management staff in most of the stores have their cliques and if you're not apart of it, dont want any part in it or they dont like you for some reason, they can make your already long days seem even longer by giving you menial tasks to do.
Its a job
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 2, 2018
I liked it in the beginning but there's been a lot of management changes they bring people in that don't know our industry they just know an industry their not compassionate toward people they just go off what the computer says
Pros
40 plus hours most of the time
Cons
Short lunch and some supervisors are great problem solvers
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 1, 2018
Heavy favoritism culture and no Work Life Balance but you will learn a lot from working here as you will need to be very hands on with your day to day life.
Former employee
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNOctober 30, 2018
I liked driving for La Z Boy. They pay hub mileage and have great benefits. And I was home every weekend with an occasional night during the week. The job does require you to unload mainly tailgating furniture on many occasions. I would go drive for them again if I ever look for a company position again. I just left to pursue other career interest.
I liked the flexibility of my job duties
Termp (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 27, 2018
I was a temp filling in for a woman on maternity leave. I worked the front desk, HR Department and in Logistics. I worked with great people and everyone seemed to be like family there. It was challenging and fun.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Short term employ, emt
Cherry picker
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJOctober 27, 2018
No type of room for advancement unless you love to brown nose supervisors raise suck the head supervisor super greedy and doesn’t care for employees just care about the bonus he gets company is going to fall most of the hard workers are leaving I was one of the lucky ones that found a better job some of those guys will rot in there
Pros
Cons
Pay raise work fake people cut throat
Its a Retail Job
SENIOR DESIGNER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 26, 2018
I would sale its a very structured environment a lot of micro managing and they hire a wide variety of individuals but all seem to have the same characteristics. If you are looking for an easy job then this is for you.
relaxed and great entry level job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
greta for opportunities for experience but to great opportunities for pay but in general great bosses and a place you get a guaranteed 40 hours a week
Lovely people, chaotic environment (expected with retail)
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 6, 2018
The people make the culture of LZB so wonderful. The sense of family is unmatched. The work/life balance can be tough and we are expected to handle many things. The compensation plan is good for full time and part time employees. The compensation for management can be very difficult if you are not out on the floor writing a ton of sales, which can be difficult due to the workload such as emails, scheduling deliveries, follow up, handling customer issues, training and hiring new staff, etc etc. It seems like there is never enough people or time in the day to do this job to corporate standards.
Pros
Good benefits. Nice people.
Cons
Difficult to find the balance required to be successful
Home Furnishing Sales Consultant
Home Furnishing Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PA 19047October 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customer in designing their rooms within the home; family rooms, dens, living spaces.
A typical day at work consisted of learning about fabrics and construction.
Nice & friendly team
Designer and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 30, 2018
Good managements approaches. I've learnt a lot from Lazboy & especially my manager. good training courses. The only thing is working during weekends and a little low salary.
horrible place! DO NOT waste your time applying
design assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 28, 2018
from the start, the job advertised was not at all the job received
"Design Assistant" was actually Cut Throat Sales. They lie to get you working there and to apply in the first place, otherwise no one would
Was supposed to work with and learn from store designer -- this Never happened.
While "in training" you get minimum wage, which goes on forever and you are never actually trained properly - must figure it all out yourself so learning all of the products, computer programs, etc, etc, to be working smoothly takes YEARS
no benefits, breaks, sick pay -- nothing
you are lucky to get a 10 minute break while on your feet for hours on end, if you do take a break someone will steal your customer from u, with no repercussions from management
While there, we received a CUT in pay to $12 per hour when they went to commission of 2%! This is for those with college degrees and much experience in the industry and having been there 1 1/2 yrs
you are scheduled a few hours a day in the middle of the day and only 20 or so hours total, so you cannot work anywhere else or schedule other things, etc, (except on sale days then you are expected to work long hours) these are all holidays and weekends
MUST work ALL weekend every weekend, and all weekend every holiday weekend, and every holiday, etc, etc
If you try to take off you are not allowed to
your family time and personal life have NO value to them, you are not allowed to have a life outside of work
when problems are brought to management and HR Nothing is done and you are punished by everyone for years for it
stores have terrible
  more... reputations and nothing is done about that either, so you get very few customers
always dealing with customer complaints and canceled orders as company does not satisfy them in many ways
co-workers will lie, cheat, and steal from you and the customers in order to get a sale
management does put a high price in getting your quota, you will be fired for not meeting excessive demands by them so tons of pressure
nothing positive is EVER said or done by management or co-workers -- only negative ALL the time
gossip, lying, and slander about you are part of every day, as co-workers do not want you to succeed or surpass them ever
computer programs are not user-friendly to say the very least, and really couldn't be more troublesome
management is horrible, including regional managers, HR, etc, and it is also a revolving door for staff on ALL levels, so you deal with new people all the time who know nothing at all and do nothing at all and leave asap, and so the culture continues no matter what you do to improve it
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good place to work.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
There is a good flow of work, management is good, culture is good. The hardest part is you wear a lot of hats and my job title is only 50% of my job. The only holidays off are Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Plan on working every holiday after that while the rest of the corporate office gets off. Also some work from home evenings/weekends.
Pros
Good Atmosphere and people
Cons
Work all holidays and some evenings, no flexibility
No diversity in management
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2018
It is not a good company to work for long term because it takes forever for your furniure sales to be delivered. If the furntiure was readily availabe in 30 days associates could make alot of money.

Black people are not respected in this company and are grossly underrepresented in managment.
Pros
Not long hours
Cons
Impossible to figure out how much you will make because of special orders
Started out great, but 2 management changes later
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2018
So I worked for lazboy for 2 years and 8 months. I really loved it. Interactions with the guest were great, my original team was amazing and the work load was fair.

Your basic job consists of greeting customers and selling furniture, inhome designs, and fabric protection. Easy enough and it is a great product. I did fairly well and made hourly when I first started but that was changed. In my area it was changed to 11/hr plus 2%commission on regular sales and 3% on inhome designs for full time and 10/hr for part time.

Where this job really sucked was the constant promises of "promotions from within". I interviewed for a management position 5 times. I was encouraged all 5 times to apply with having a "high potential". I didnt get it any if the times due to them hiring outside sources (which didnt work out) and promoting somebody that was retired then came back for part time, which turned to full time.

The nail that that finished the coffin for me was the store manager hired from outside (after hiring a different outside store manager that was sexist and terrible). This was fine at first but it quickly became a boys club. If you weren't in it you weren't in it ya know?

All in all, if you have a boys club mentality then this job will be great for you. If you are lucky enough to be at a store that has a great manager then you're golden.

I hope somebody from lazboy reads this loud and clear. Good employees don't leave a job, they leave a MANAGER.
Pros
Good discount, good insurance
Cons
Boys club in upper management, work life balance is off
clicks within the company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJSeptember 23, 2018
worked 12 hours sometimes when only 2 people would enter. Prices too high. The hardest part of the job is getting the customer to buy the product. enjoyable part was when the day was over
Pros
provided food for fundraiser
Cons
rude management
fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service/scheduling (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 21, 2018
i dont really recommend this company to be honest with you, they dont really care about their employees and they like to belittle people and make you feel unworthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight