La-Z-Boy
60Below average

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Sr. Sales Executive
Very fun environment. Good money for a college student but good advancement as well. The training is very good and will have you selling good in no time at all.
Friendly and enjoyable atmosphere
A typical day would consist of cleaning/maintaining the store and/or waiting on customers to enter. Learned a lot about sales and communication both internally with the team and of course with customers. Management was great with true leadership in regards to the store manager and others. Co-workers are pretty open to different discussion topics, open minded and ambitious. Hardest part of the job is denying customers products due to any inconveniences such as company policy fees they refuse to pay, the inability to find anything at all customers may have been searching for, etc. Most enjoyable part of it all would definitely be the social aspect. Meeting new people and having laughs with customers and co-workers was life-changing.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, Friendly Atmosphere, Laid-back work environment
Cons
Short breaks, no commission (store specific), slow computer software/hardware
Sales Associate at a Furniture Gallery
A typical day includes greeting customers and assisting them with recommendations for home furnishings. Phones are answered by all staff members as needed, fielding questions from customers about orders and products. Duties are performed as assigned by management to include: tagging furniture, maintaining store cleanliness, calling customer leads to inform them about upcoming sales, maintaining product knowledge by taking company assigned quizzes and/or reviewing company literature.

The mission of the company is honorable: to provide customers with comfortable, structurally sound, attractive home furnishings. The company motto is: Live Life Comfortably! The staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, to include educating the consumer about the products with regard to construction and materials.

I have learned to keep smiling and maintain a positive attitude in every situation.

Management is capable, listens and recognizes employee needs, and will work with staff when appropriate to accomodate scheduling requests. Store management staff is bound by corporate mandates, which at times can be limiting, and frustrating at the store level. The store budget is often too small, and therefore, the store and staff are at times, ill equipped to conduct business as efficiently as it could with more financial resources.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The second hardest part of the job is attempting to drive change at the store level.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with grateful customers.
 - more...
Pros
Great sales team, friendly, positive esprit de corps, helpful, flexible
Cons
Overmanaged, difficult to drive change, too much corporate scrutiny
Great work envrionment
Overall staff and management are very nice and flexible when it comes to working parttime, given that I am in school full-time. A typical day at work is greeting customers and asking them what they are looking for. Along the way I have learned the styles each person likes and dislikes. Overall the hardest part of the job can be pleasing customers and making sure they love what they want given on how undecided they can be at times. Although this can be a challenge it is enjoyable learning what style they like and dislike.
Pros
staff is very friendly
Cons
short breaks, health care
Lacking motivation to exceed my design skills and aspirations.
A typical day at work is very easy going, laid-back environment and making sure that every customer is taken care of through my expertise of designer and customer assistance.

I have learned a lot on product knowledge, customizable options, understanding the company's database. hands-on training with design program overall policies.

The management team is somewhat helpful on handling certain discrepancies. We had several different store managers transferring to our store and it was somewhat difficult to work around that. There are some days that were lacking communication and follow-ups with clientele which makes it very difficult for myself to handle. I'm used to working very organized and sometimes that is the case. My co- workers are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I work very well with them through frequent communication and assistance.
Pros
Easy-going work environment, friendly staff, occasional free meals, benefits
Cons
non-commission based pay, Little pay, Not challenging enough nor faster paced, Doesn't benefit my design skill set enough
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I stayed at this job for a long time and it was probably one of the best jobs I have in my working career. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Since I enjoy people and communicating with them on a personal basis, I derived a great deal of pride and accomplishment in making their homes beautiful. Every day I really looked forward to going to work, which is something a lot of people can not say. We worked as a team and were friends at work and off the job. Management had an open door policy, so you never felt as if you could not voice an opinion or offer suggestions. The hardest part of the job was when we lost our store manager and he was replaced with a very negative and mean person. Our team eventually broke down and everyone including myself left for other places.
Pros
I made very good money there and enjoyed working in this place very much.
Fun workplace
Great company to work for.
Great co-worker and managers.

Great work environment.
Chaotic
Sales driven management/ interior design job however not enough wait given to the Lead Designer position
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
No breaks