La-Z-Boy

United States1,096 reviews

Found 1,096 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,211 reviews
furnituresalelzbcommissiondesigndesignerstoreproduct

Sales Associate at a Furniture Gallery

A typical day includes greeting customers and assisting them with recommendations for home furnishings. Phones are answered by all staff members as needed, fielding questions from customers about orders and products. Duties are performed as assigned by management to include: tagging furniture, maintaining store cleanliness, calling customer leads to inform them about upcoming sales, maintaining product knowledge by taking company assigned quizzes and/or reviewing company literature. The mission of the company is honorable: to provide customers with comfortable, structurally sound, attractive home furnishings. The company motto is: Live Life Comfortably! The staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, to include educating the consumer about the products with regard to construction and materials. I have learned to keep smiling and maintain a positive attitude in every situation. Management is capable, listens and recognizes employee needs, and will work with staff when appropriate to accomodate scheduling requests. Store management staff is bound by corporate mandates, which at times can be limiting, and frustrating at the store level. The store budget is often too small, and therefore, the store and staff are at times, ill equipped to conduct business as efficiently as it could with more financial resources. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The second hardest part of the job is attempting to drive change at the store level. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with grateful customers. -

Pros

Great sales team, friendly, positive esprit de corps, helpful, flexible

Cons

Overmanaged, difficult to drive change, too much corporate scrutiny

Great management

I had great mentorship from my managers in my time here. The overall culture of the firm is very supportive and friendly, and the mission is valued throughout the organization.

La-Z-Boy insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Not too bad

The job is what you make of it. Depending on what you do it can be challenging to make a lot of money, but if you are in a fast cell sky’s the limit.

Lots of Sitting Around

Just a starter for sales. There is not much opportunity to grow within the company. Lots of sitting around waiting for you next "up" to come in to be told to be left alone. Pay is not too great and no benefits whatsoever. Very family oriented which makes it somewhat comfortable to work for.

Pros

Family Oriented

Cons

No opportunities to grow

Easy going but extremely rewarding.

The company as a whole is full if wonderful and kind people and management is extremely supportive. They are always willing to reward an individual for their hard work and will do their very best to ensure that you are living up to your potential and getting what you want and need out of your time with them.

Pros

Free lunches, opportunities for advancement, friendly work environment, flexible, willing to work with you

Great atmosphere

Great management and training program. Would definitely recommend to someone beginning their sales career.

Work hard. Make money.

Definitely a company where management can make or break you. Luckily I had great management. Coworkers made the job worth it. Customers are hit or miss. You get out, what you put in though. Some locations can be cut throat, mine wasn’t. Employees take customers through rotation. Days can be slow but won’t always be like that.

Loading trailers

Not a bad place to work.just like any other job you have the good things and the bad. At the end of the daybif your not afraid of hard work you can make good money.

Router operator

Easy work once you get the system down excellent pay friendly environment everyone basically helps each other if you are in need of help would recommend

Cons

Strict attendance policy

Trainers dont train

Lazy Boy is a good place to work, however You have little to know time left over at the end of the day . There are numerous managers above you, Which means if you mess up You will have five random people coming at you from all different directions to fix your mistakes . The trainers don't care, and will pressure you to do better just for their numbers. Overall, this job is basically a free-for-all. If you are lucky enough to be placed in a good cell, you might make it .

Pros

they have a break room

Cons

management is lazy

Productive and fun workplace with room to grow

La-Z-Boy is the best company I have ever worked for. They support their staff and encourage them to grow within the company. They are always evolving to try to make things easier and quicker for the employees and customers. La-Z-Boy plans for times that are rough so that they can make it through. The management staff at any store that I have gone to is very supportive. La-Z-Boy trains you to succeed.

Love lazboy

I have been working for the company almost two years and love the owners, they care about there hard working employees. I would not trade it for the world.

Horrible management

This company has one of the worst computer softwares to order or to find products info, you have to click many clicks to do work. Training is very confusing plus the company is very poor at marketing so it’s really super slow.

They did not help me to succeed in my interior design career.

The management was poor and changed direction with sales, policy, communication etc. They also favored others while picked on me and other new staff member as not being efficient while other whom had been with the company longer slacked off. Each day I would work to supply customers with recommendations for furniture, although I was treated poorly by management up until I made a sale each day. I had learned from other employees whom had been with the company longer that it used to be that the sales people working to make actual sales whom would receive the commission, but the company had changed it's commission style to then funnel the commission to upper management, leaving the sales people (including myself) with only an hourly rate even though they would be bringing in the majority of the revenue to the company.

Pay

The company pays on delived sales. And not writing. Which means you may get paid 6 months after you write the sales. Most of the inventory is out of stock . So Most sales are special orders

Productive and fun.

Lazboy was a great company to work for, they will give you all the traits to build and repair chairs couches and so on. There is roughly 2 week training process and you must be able to work and build in a certain amount of time because they run on a piece count. When you pass the 100% goal you get dollars added to you pay rate for that whole shift. When I worked there I didn't seen a paycheck under 800 a week after medical and taxes. My biggest issue is if you get hurt outside of work and it's serious the company will let you go after they get a copy of doctors report. Other than that it was a fun fast paced place to work with great trainer and employees.

Bad pay and no raises

Stressful place to work they do not compensate you for the work you do expectations are on demand took year and half before got a raise. No management there.

Money ain't everything

Will literally work you to death. Can be good money but not worth it in the long run. Know many people have died there or after coming off work from there. Will drain you and put your body through unnecessary stressers

Training

The training here is done mostly on the computer following a curriculum on a company platform. It's too long and too "into the weeds". It should be done and completed ASAP. Once completed the individual should be led from furniture vignette to furniture vignette and quizzed on options available. Rather there is very little OJT before getting cut loose. It's tasking on higher tenured employees to stop what they're doing and babysit which could cause losing a sale.I like not being micromanaged and having liberty to do what I want while not actively involved in assisting a customer.The most difficult and challenging part of the job is learning all the codes and being able to identify each piece of furniture and its physical location on the floor.Everyone is engaged in seeing you succeed and become an effective producing member of the team.The schedule is relatively flexible with advanced notice.

The pandemic continues to hit our industry

The delay in furniture deliveries has caused a severe drop in pay. Commissions are paid upon delivery therefore delaying sales staff from being paid on a timely basis.

Good culture , horrible work life balance

Rarely have 3 days off. Don’t even think about having ANY Saturday's off. So many sales people on the floor it’s impossible to make money. Culture is good but money and supporting yourself comes first. No vacation time the first year is miserable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La-Z-Boy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare La-Z-Boy with

• La-Z-Boy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?