La Canada Care Center Employee Reviews

Dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2017
This was a fast paced job but I started to get harassed by a co worker and nothing was being done for it so I ended up leaving two years later the same co worker was fired for the same reason
Not a good place to work, especially for new CNAs
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2017
Typical nursing home. Assist residents and patients with ADLs, help in dinning room, answer call lights.
CNAs and overworked, under paid, under appreciated and work under management that could care less about their nursing staff.
It's all about the money. They don't care that it's understaffed, as long as they have bodies in beds and money coming in.
Patients are not being properly cared for due to short staffing and CNA to patient ratio. I honestly feel so ad for them.
Co-workers are lazy, stubborn and could also care less for the patients, it's just a paycheck for most of them.
New CNAs are taken advantage of.
Pros
lovable patients
Cons
management, coworkers, pay
I loved what I did there.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2017
I worked on the behavioral unit the entire time at La Canada Care Center. The clients I worked with were genuinely special as they needed total support as their mind was no longer with them. This gave me a better perspective on life and the needs of people in general. The hardest part of the job was losing a client that had become part of your family.
Pros
No one breathing down your back.
Cons
Short breaks.
nice people to work for
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
We had meetings in the morning, got report of the shift leaving for the day assist patients with personal care, feeding , range of motion, and campionship.
Pros
free lunches on your birthday
Cons
assigned new floors every so often
productive place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2017
nice, enjoyable, work environment. Atypical day at work consisted of assisting with all ADLs vitals, pails, showering. The hardest part of the job was working short staff.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
working short staff
Lacking in all aspects
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2017
The company hasn't made efforts to provide solutions to its employees. Main concerns are that time off, competitive pay and benefits are reneged. Staff is cool, but watch out for administration though....trippy isn't cool.
It was good to work there until the Ensign group bought it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 24, 2015
I was so happy to be around residents, to be helpful when they most need it.
Been working there for almost 3 years, it was easy to perform my duties but that point of view changed when got transferred to a new company and most of us (employees) got disappointed.
Pros
was very nice working at your own pace
Cons
too much pressure with Ensign Group, getting rid of good employees with no reason.
Family Oriented, Fun Environment
Nutrition and Dining Services Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2015
La Canada is one huge family. From the Management to the line staff including residents' and their Family Members. The staff truly love what they do and its reflected thru their positive attitudes
Challenging but teaches you how to be an excellent nurse
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tucson AZJune 3, 2013
I was challenged here with the nurse to patient ratio and because of that I have become a better nurse. I have learned patience, perseverance and mostly never giving up with being able to attend to the needs of all my residents. Its all about time management and dedication to the goal.
Pros
Challenging, helpful staff, available resources
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Over all it is not a bad company to start in a new field
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 28, 2013
My day consists of cleaning anything that needs to be cleaned a lot of mopping . With this type of working place you learn to have a lot of patients with the Residents and Patients . the Management is ok.
My co-workers are great people to work with . Very caring . I really don't like to talk about the hardest part of working here. sometimes it is very sad . I really enjoy being with the people some of them are really fun to be around.
Benefits
Cons
Pay for meals
Clean and well maintained facility
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZApril 23, 2013
The down side to working at this facility is like many others, money.