LA CANTERA RESORT & SPA Employee Reviews

Soul crushing experience
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2019
In an industry that is seemingly short staffed at all times it is not a good idea to show the bosses you can do the job of two to three people because they will make you do that all the time or as much as possible. Then when there are people around you who you are supposed to be subordinate to but need your constant guidance because they don't know what they're doing, it makes for more stress than is healthy for anyone.
Pros
Not many come to mind
Cons
Even the walk from the parking lot to the building was stressful.
Mal ambiente de trabajo
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2019
Se experimenta rechazo hacia las personas que hablan español y utilizan su idioma nativo durante horas de trabajo, a pesar que muchos costumers son hispanohablantes.
Mixed Feelings
Reservations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 1, 2019
As an entry level applicant, La Cantera Resort & Spa is fun, engaging, flexible with schedules, and offered great benefits.

During my 10+ years working at La Cantera Resort & Spa, I was passionate about service to our guests and about training, coaching, and motivating associates. I won 4 awards in the last 4 years working there and served with a positive outlook.

I left with mixed feelings. I felt my leadership had given me a lot of one on one time to train and coach me on being a good and effective leader and how to keep a team motivated and engaged. On the other hand, my leadership also took for granted my work and I had no work life balance.
Pros
free employee meals, free parking, health benefits, 401k, hotel discounts
Fantastic Resort with a Great Culture
Director of Beverage (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2019
La Cantera and amazing resort that offers a variety of opportunities. With so many outlets, there is plenty of work for a diverse team. Located on the outskirts of the Hill Country also provides a healthy work environment that is not in a downtown area.
Pros
Good pay, room to grow
Cons
N/a
Great coworkers, but poor management
Barista, Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
Poor upper management brought down employee happiness and morale. We were constantly being scolded over presentation and little things often out of our control, especial under the food and beverage directors.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome tips+gratuity, and beautiful place to work
Cons
short breaks, upper management (food and beverage), long, dark walk to/from employee parking
enjoyed working
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2019
its a good place to work good food it was good manangent and learn about different cultures and learn about foods and Enjoyed working with interns
good
Cons
na
Love La Cantera!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to work. Management cares for you. A lot of discounts and perks. Many opportunities to grow within your position or even another department.
Enjoyable place to work with a good culture
Spa Concierge Supervior (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working at La Cantera resort because of the connections I was able to make on a daily basis with our guest. That was the most enjoyable thing for me. Management is good but I would recommend working at the spa because it is a fun, relaxed environment.
n/a
Culinary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2018
People seem to be able to do whatever they want here freely and only people who have been working there longest get paid the best. This doesn't matter if you work better than them, which is stupid. Advancement here is only on a personal favoritism level. its who you know not what you know here.
Productive, amazing team, Great management
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasDecember 4, 2018
I loved working there. I met a lot of people (clients and stuff) with different cultures, behaviour. The management was great, well-organized. The hardest part of the job was the wheather: sometimes was too hot, and sometimes when it was raining i couldn't work because the clients were staying inside the hotel. The most enjoyable parts of the job was working with the stuff and seeing clients happy.
Pros
free lunchees, overtime work, discouts
Fast paced work environment
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2018
La Cantera was good only for a couple months. After about the 4 or 5th month I was already burnt out from my position. A lot of setup and tear down every single day. moving tables, chairs, bar stools, water stations, cups, pens, etc, etc. It get old fast.
Great place to work if you're in college
Valet (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2018
Though I have had two jobs within this resort, I do not feel like I get paid enough for the amount of work I do. We all work really hard as a team but don't feel I'm compensated enough for it. However, the people are very nice and it's really cool to meet people from all around the country.
Pros
Free lunch, nice people
Cons
Short breaks, not enough money
Great teamwork in my department.
In Room Dining Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2018
The In Room Dining department is such a great team to be a part of. Everyone comes in with a good attitude. Work well as a team and set each other up for success. Easy money but it can get stressful when it gets busy. Communication is key as well as working diligently.
Pros
Lunch is provided.
Cons
Upper management not listening to the needs of associates.
Horrible Management
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Not recommended, horrible scheduling, not school friendly, management is rude and does not care about you as well as the kitchen staff, co workers were cool and friendly
very fast paced
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
fast and could be stressful if the agent is not smart and proactive. learned good communication skills and management skills. most enjoyable part is the pay and the benefits.
The pay is decent
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2018
If I could give no stars for management I would. They over work you. No appreciation. They treat you like you do not nothing about. Always they what to blame it on you even if it can cost you you license.
Productive, fast paced work enviornment,
Bellman (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2018
I speak to guests all day as I help them with their luggage up to the room they reserved. I also help out with any simple guest needs or guest requests.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discount for Gym Membership
Buen ambiente solo de noche
KITCHEN WORKER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Buen lugar de trabajo con un muy buen ambiente. Clima drastico pero facil de acostumbrarse.
The company takes carw of it’s employees
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
As a housekeeper it was tough but once you get the hang it it got easier. I had a good pay and they allow you get a raise in 2 months. The company overall was great because they feed their employees a good chef made meal.
Workplace Culture
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
It was one of the best work environments I've ever been in. It has a very diverse staff and allows people from different parts of the world to be apart of their programs.