LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 3,504 reviews matching the search See all 3,712 reviews
None at this time
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2018
I have no comment at this time, but overall it is good company that provide fair benefits when it come to employees, there Is room for improvement within the company yes.
very flexible job
Attentively and promptly respond to member needs (Current Employee) –  Wyncote, PADecember 7, 2018
Working for la fitness has been great in my opinion may not work in everyone's favor but if you are looking for flexibility in the work place this would be the job for you. Working with the other departments to accumulate gross within the club teaches you with team work you can go far.
Pros
flexibly work schedule
Cons
pay rate to low
Working Experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Worked from Morning to evening
I learned different styles of training
Management was great
Good culture
there was not anything really hard about the job
I enjoyed everything at work, just needed more money
Overall Neutral Experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 6, 2018
Overall Neutral Experience - Position as an operations manager was pretty cool. There were times when the position became a little stressful. However, this is a sales and numbers based position so the stress is expected along with lower than average wages.
Pros
Gym Member ship
Cons
Low wages
Poor Management
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
I have had poor management in my location. LA Fitness has lost a lot of good instructors due to toxic management. I feel this is something that really needs to be looked at.
fun and relaxed, but very little pay for the work
Personal Trainer/Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PADecember 6, 2018
As most jobs in fitness tend to be, the environment was very relaxed. However, in order to make a living, it was necessary for me to put in 40-60 hours a week of training. There was also, no over time pay, as we were technically subcontractors.

I understand they have started compensating trainers more fairly since I have left, but it is still well below average.
Pros
I made my own schedule
Cons
I had to make my schedule readily available 50-60 hours/week, so I could afford to live
The facilities were great
Cycling Instructor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed every part of working at LA Fitness when I did. I was able to improve the lifestyles of the participants of my class while interacting with individuals on many different levels.
Very Clean & flexible schedule
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 5, 2018
LA Fitness was one of my favorite jobs overall. Not only did I love the crew but the customers are absolutely amazing. As long as you get your tasks accomplished, everyone will respect your role.
front desk, Secretary
Front Desk Clerk/Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJDecember 5, 2018
A typical day at work would be to make sure members check in. Call members who are late on payments and try to convince them to pay their bill. I also worked in the children's play room where parents dropped off their children while they work out.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no breaks
Productive and Competitive enviornment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 4, 2018
A typical day is what you expect from PT. The only problem about the PT is the compensation. Do not make enough to live solely off this job. If you can manage to do both PT sales and work on the floor there could be value
Little pay and no drive
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 4, 2018
$6 a session while my clients pay $55. I get paid min wage and don't get paid to do assessments. I looked up how much they get paid on Google. Where did they get those numbers from?
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay is garbage and no clients
LA Fitness is a great gym- not a great employeer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHDecember 3, 2018
The top 5 guys at LA Fitness do very well for themselves- the rest are revenue drivers. Very sales driven environment; if you are not in a sales role your job is always at risk. Operations staff gets a "bonus" for reporting questionable sales activity and personal training activity creating a disconnect between the 3 departments. Sales and Personal Training are all revenue driven.
Mega chain fitness center
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 2, 2018
LA Fitness is a good place to gain initial experience as a fitness professional. If you are just starting out as a fitness professional and/or interested in supplemental work to other primary, full-time work, LA Fitness is a good option. As a group fitness instructor, the pay is nominal but the number of classes required to maintain employment is reasonable. A challenge is that they expect their fitness instructors to be willing and able to cover for other instructors regularly and if your primary job and/or schedule does not allow it, this may not be a good fit for you.
Pros
Good entry level company for fitness professionals
Cons
Low pay and expectation to cover extra classes
Great classes
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INDecember 2, 2018
Love teaching there! I have some of the best clientele. Facility is always clean and maintained well. Friendly staff who always cares. The front desk staff greet with a smile.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Busy
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Burien, WADecember 1, 2018
I use to be a janitor at Burien location . Burien wa
I have years of. expérience in janitorial. I did alot for the club and didnt feal valued as an employee. For all the hard work i put in the place. Corp is unoganized in the way thay do things .thay want janitor to clean while customiser are in the place. Instead have the cleaning crew come and clean when the club is closed. Thay turn over alot no one last more than 6months.the more i did for them less i felt valued. Thay make a person want to quit. So thay dont half to give raises.
Pros
Free member ship
Cons
Thay mess you hours
Great place
Personal Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 30, 2018
LA was a great place to work. I think my location was bad which hurt me, and maybe the economy at the time. Management changed a lot, which made it a bit frustrating at times.
productive and fun work enviroment,
sales (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PANovember 30, 2018
very competitive work environment opportunities to advance as well as opportunities to travel and work at other gyms in different parts of PA and across the US
Pros
free membership
Stay Isolated
Kids Klub Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 30, 2018
In the Kids Klub you're isolated from everyone and that's just about how it feels when you finally clock out, walk out to the lobby, and realize you don't know anyone you work with. And no one cares to know you.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The "co"workers
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 30, 2018
very fun place to work in. Get all the benefits to a free gym, wich is a plus to stay healthy. I got the chance to learn how to properly use the machines. Overall the most enjoyable part of working for L.A Fitness has to be the customers, the energy.
Pros
free gym
Cons
work hours
Busy and hectic but unreliable hours
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLNovember 29, 2018
I love the fast paced environment of working at LA Fitness. I like to constantly have something to do and LA Fitness keeps you busy. My work ethic is strong so I enjoy taking on the tasks thrown my way. I enjoy the members and being able to assist them with their accounts. I enjoy most of my coworkers and have even made a few friends along the way. The negative to working for this company was the unreliable and constantly changing work schedule. The inconsistency doesn’t work with my current lifestyle. Also, the lack of advancement available is a problem for me as I do wish to succeed and continue building in my career of choice.
Pros
Gym membership, commission
Cons
Inconsistency, no foreseeable advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

31K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight