LA Fitness Employee Reviews

It's all about the money
Personal Trainer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAAugust 15, 2018
Always have to hit monthly money goals. The standard for goals are always increased to unrealistic numbers. Corporate will find ways to take money from employees, for example taking commission away from pay check if a client decides to cancel membership at anytime.
athletic fun enviroment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was fun being around people who wanted to better themselves. It was up lifting as well as encouraging. The management was wonderful and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
gym, set schedule
Cons
job stability
Personal Training Sales
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 14, 2018
It's ok if you're good at sales. otherwise you won't last long. I had a good boss but his boss kind of sucked. If you make commission they just take your minimum wage out of your check and just pay you your commision.
Pros
Easy if you're a good salesman
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Not for me
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakley, OHAugust 14, 2018
I worked alone and had no manager with me so if I had a problem with anything I had to wait for her to get back to me. The environment wasn't my favorite.
High pace
Sales Representative and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 14, 2018
SALE SALES SALES FROM START TO FINISH. Ilearned people buy from who they like. Management was very good and supportive. it was a fast pace location. The only challenge was that we where over staffed. Seeing members achieve there fitness goals.
Pros
got to workout for free
Cons
short breaks
smooth
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILAugust 14, 2018
I will go to work clock in and get my keys to the janitor closets and start getting my supplies for cleaning then get to work, wished they paid more and had more hours.
Only if you’re a complete loser & have lost your bearings
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
Work here if you enjoy being surrounded by hypocrites, undereducated, “equal opportunity employment” seekers.
Work place is supposed to be about fitness, yet most employees smoke weed, curse, binge drink, etc.
Customer service is non existent.
The One & Only thing this place cares about is SALES, and all services are extremely overpriced !
There is no mutual respect amongst co-workers, yet an abundance of “ghetto” sarcasm.
The pay is low , and the pay structure is in violation of Federal Law ...the legal team hired by LAF managed to find a loop hole !
Awful, disgusting in every possible aspect!
Worse then being a used car salesman at a cheap dealership.
Pros
You can use the weight machines
Cons
No vacation time, no salary raise, hard to advance, long hours, no flexibility
Just a scam, will hire anyone, very unethical
Assistant Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
They will hire anyone who applies, they want people that will sell no matter what even if it means signing people up under the wrong impression. Must work a minimum of 50 hours usually 60 hours, split shift is awful and most of the time you have to go to meetings on your 3 hour break that will take up all of the time. Job will be threatened constantly doesn’t matter if you had a amazing month or week or multiple months if you slip up at all with the sales you are threatened.
Fun work atmosphere
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYAugust 13, 2018
LA Fitness was a great place to work! We went out to promote LA Fitness on certain days. We had member appreciation days! The staff always made it fun to work but when we needed to reach a certain goal and be top in the district we were always able to put our game faces on and get to work! The members and staff made LA Fitness a great place to work!
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare
ok
Sales Manager / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 13, 2018
place is Ok for a kid to work to get some sales exsperience but thats it. I wouldn't rely on this place to pay my bills. Its a good company they just do not pay enough money for anyone to live well. unless you are in upper management then maybe
Decent
Personal Training Director (Sales Manager) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 11, 2018
Great place to start a sales career if you have no experience. The training was great, I still to the day utilize the things I learned in that face paced sales environment.
productive and surronded by positive people
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 11, 2018
take and make phone calls go out and prospect trying to bring customers to join our gym. hardest part of the job is competition. enjoyable part is surrounded by people in the gym, so everybody is positive
Great place to work, No room for growth
Club Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 11, 2018
Company is a bare bones operation and would usually take about 10 years before receiving a decent pay increase. Everything else will be included in the commission earned which may take the full 8 hours out of the day just to earn a few dollars above base pay.
Pros
The name gives you prestige
Cons
The pay doesn't match responsibilities
Great Staff!
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 10, 2018
Great place to work, the atmosphere was friendly and positive, I loved the place. The pay was not that great but you did get a free membership which is great.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Pay
I worked for la fitness for about 10 years.
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 9, 2018
I worked at LA fitness for about 10 years. I taught classes there and had clients. coworkers were friendly. pay is not fair. if you are passionate about fitness field you can satisfy your passion.no good income .
workplace
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
typical work was fun meeting new people everyday providing a service I love giving help clients achieve fitness goals the know how to be health. with is toning up losing weight
Pros
working out
Cons
management
Working at LAFitness gave me an opportunity to open up and meet great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 8, 2018
I would open the gym at 5, greet each costumer with a warm smile and wished them to have a great workout. Checked the pool to make sure it was at the right level of chlorine. Made sure gym was clean and all weights were put in its place. Was responsible for each transaction, handled payments and answered phone to answer any questions.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Low pay, two different managers
people orientated friendly happy mood
Front Desk Receptionist and kids club (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 6, 2018
Loved working at LA Fitness because of the members of the gym every one is so friendly and easy to get along with even though i worked the early shift 5am people were still welcoming and easy to talk to. I made a lot of friends and people i can always count on for help. Working kids club i also met a lot of good kids and had great bonding with them i enjoyed working there because of the atmosphere
Pros
free membership to any LA fitness
Cons
no break
Terrible place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
You work 50-60 hours a week but get payed for half of it 12.00 an hour is the personal trainer salary very low no benefits no paid time off lots of stress and ur constantly fighting for your subpar job
Pros
Cons
Everything is terrible
Specialist
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
Customer service is key in a gym environment and that is something LA fitness does right.I learned alot about customer service working at this specific place.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight