LA Fitness
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from LA Fitness:

LA Fitness Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA76 reviews
great workplace, great members
I conducted fitness assesments and created tailor- made workout programs to help clients achieve fitness goal.
Great place to work environment is friendly and fun
We working for a big company it is so nice to see people from all over helping and striving together and not just for themselves. I love the enthusiasm.
Self Starter
At LA Fitness you need to be a self-starter. If you do a good job and work hard, you will get many clients. But if you don't train clients, you don't get paid. You are straight commission.
customer service
greet and welcome members when they enter the gym. Resolve members complaints in person or over the phone. Call members to update their account information.
Very chill environment
Working here is lax. It's right in the downtown Silver Spring area. Lots of food places around. If you enjoy fitness and health and wellness, you'll like working here. However, the hours aren't ideal and the management isn't good either. Regardless, of what positions you apply to you'll have to be trained in working the phones. Making calls, answering calls, working with the guests billing information etc.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Laid back partime
Great part time job. Good for entry level. Great for college students. I did not like the management because they didn't care much about the employee. They cared more about clear-ups
Enjoyed helping members & guests set & reach their personal goals
Enjoyed helping members & guests set & reach their personal goals and working in the health & fitness environment always kept things very busy and fun!
Pros
liked wearing a uniform
Terrible Management, Unfair Pay
I have now worked in 3 different gyms. This is BY FAR the worst gym I have worked for. The personal training director kept telling me "We are gonna get you promoted, we are gonna get your promoted" but failed to tell me that you have to be with the company for a year as personal trainer to get promoted. He then lied to the PT manager and told her that he explained all of this to me in detail (which he did not) and told her he had been calling me nonstop trying to get a hold of me (he called me once).

For months I worked 40+ hours a week for minimum wage thinking I was going to get promoted. On top of that they want their personal trainers to make sales even though it is not in the job description. They want you to do this because they have a high employee turnover rate in their sales department.

When I gave my two weeks he called me and said "you don't have to come back no more". When asked if he was firing me he refused to say yes. So basically what he was doing was trying to get me to leave without paying me. I would never recommend anyone work for this company in the location I was at, or any location for that matter. There are a lot of other places you can be a personal trainer where the management will actually teach you how to better yourself instead of being greedy, money hungry, slimey salesmen/saleswomen. DO NOT WORK HERE
Too political
A day at work would normally start with an employee clocking in and making a minimum of 70 phone calls per day. Marketing 1-2 hours by yourself outside. Bringing in at least 15 people who were not members into the gym so they could tour it. Re-racking weights. Making sure gym was clean for when new members arrived it would look presentable.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
pay wasn’t right
La Fitness
I was a personal trainer for the first several years at LA Fitness. I loved training and enjoyed helping my clients. However, the lack of consistency in receiving new clients to keep a full schedule made it very difficult. The pay was also not enough to provide a comfortable living. As the Assistant Personal Training Director, the work interesting, but I was only in the role for a few months before leaving.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no work life balance
Horrible pay. Horrible management
They pay is laughable and the fitness director won’t care about you they’ll only care themselves and their own pocket. I felt bad for my clients because what they paid for training isn’t worth what they received. All cookie cutter programs.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Pay. Management.
Great Team and very fun positive atmosphere
The team was very supportive and energetic, a lot of positivity in the work place. Had a great time working and learning about sales, and having to level up my sales experience.
Pros
Free membership with extra guest.
Cons
District manager wasn't being fair to certain employees
The facilities were great
I enjoyed every part of working at LA Fitness when I did. I was able to improve the lifestyles of the participants of my class while interacting with individuals on many different levels.
Sad
No Hours, Poor management, unseen location, lack of Staff, an overall a sad place to work. with no benefits an little time for personal life with family etc
Pros
A job
Cons
No growth
Very much commisson based even though it pays salary. Demanding, and sales oriented .
This position can be very rewarding with its bonuses, and fun at the same time. Requires a lot of motivation to reach those bonuses. If/ when you do, you will be happy with the pay.
All positions are temporary
Management disclosed that upper management looks to hire people Toronto for a while and replace then often. They don’t value employees. It’s beyter for them to rain new people then to give established employees a well deserved raise
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No career advancement
great place to work
Overall its a great gym that have multi locations,
new equipment, they always maintain the whole gym

friendly and helpful staff

it was a great experience working with them.
Great place
Friendly atmosphere and great machines. This location inspired me to get in shape and drink great smoothies! I looked forward to entering this building every day!
Worst Job I've Ever Had
If you like people, have more time, or want a free membership, you'll probably fit this job better than me. The hours they gave were bad since I was taking classes and had to rush to work after class which ended up with me being late. I brought this to the manager's attention, but nothing improved.
Pros
free membership
Cons
poor management
Love the place hate the pay
You will love the job, the people who work here, your clients and the area you work in. The worst part is the people that are above the people you work directly for are always asking you to work harder than the standard they had set from the beginning. They do not pay you equal to the amount of work you put in. The guys that are asking you to work harder get paid more when you work harder. The managers are awesome, its the managers managers that are not so nice.
Pros
Awesome clients and great experience
Cons
No pay and terrible bosses
Well ran establishment with greta co workers
Friendly environment, very grateful to work at LA Fitness as a sales counselor and it was extremely unfortunate I had to leave due to medical reasons.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight