LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,193 reviews matching the search See all 3,390 reviews
Awful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 22, 2018
Pay was awful, long hours with no benefit.
Management only cares about themselves. Steals commission.
Many days of just sitting at the desk with no much to do.
Very Unhappy
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  32nd Street and BellJuly 21, 2018
I was not happy here. The area manager was more concerned about the sale than the well being of the consumer. I had an extremely difficult time morally working for the company. I was, at one point, in the middle of a sale when somebody started convulsing in the steam room so I got up to go help the gentleman in the steam room who needed assistance and was told, "Never leave the money on the table in a sale". The company is more concerned about money than the happiness of the employees and the safety of the members.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No Sense of Morality
Living wages
Activity Director/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 21, 2018
Love the members and staff at each club. Even managers from out of state are amazing. They understand and really listen to the team and do try to help make this company better.
Pros
People are anazing
Cons
Need to have living wages and benefits
Fun but not a job that anyone can count on to live a secure life
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 20, 2018
It was fun to interact with members and put a smile on peoples face by giving top notch service. Learned to multitask under pressure of up to 30 to 50 people needed assistance at the same time. Management hand there hands tied when anything broke. They had to use the cheapest venders to please corporate. Telling customers there was nothing I could do to provide them items they pay for in there membership. To be able to help people change there lives was the best.
Pros
access to gym equipment
Cons
Not a stable job
It was a learning experience for me
Consistently the top salesperson (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2018
learned pretty much how to sale and talk to customers, they pretty much taught me how and when to sale to a costumer and how the experience and the service is the most important thing.
It is very good for beginners to start working in LA Fitness
Personal fitness trainer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 19, 2018
The people that I work with were very helpful and friendly. The location of the place is not that good but is ok. The machines there are in very good shape.The place is well organized. Working hours are flexible.
I was able to network and use my communication skills.
ront Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
Communicated well with every member that I met. Made them feel welcome while I was there. Worked at the front desk on some days and also work in the kids klub on other days.
Dream Job minus the focus on sales over training
Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJJuly 17, 2018
Enjoyed the environment. Several aspects of company that I did not agree with as far as morals. Overall, good experience, but not lucrative enough for time spent.
Great job for growth
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
You can make a lot of money. and if you love sales, this is the job for you! hahah the only negative thing I can say is this company works you like a dog!
Enjoyed my time.
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 16, 2018
Mixed reviews will come from many people who worked for the company. This was one of my firsts jobs so I am grateful for the oppurtunities given. Now I believe I can move forward and do something different instead of being stuck in one position.
I love la fitness
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 16, 2018
This job has allowed me to grow as a person. It wasn’t always easy but I loved it. I just wish we had a break room for those who work split shift. When working far from home you have to just eat or rest in your car. The HR department are always very fair and helpful. I’ve enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Free membership, constant coaching, good commissions
Cons
No break room, split shift
LA Fitness
Master trainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 16, 2018
Solid pay when you build your client base, management can be hit or miss. In 5 years I probably saw hundreds of employees, very high turnover rate .
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No PTO, no vacation
It was a good environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 13, 2018
It was a good vibe and good surrounding over all. You are always kept busy with people always in and out through out the day. See different faces all the time, and some same familiar faces.
Great for beginners
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
This job is great if you’re just starting out as a trainer because it allows you to develop your training style. The pay is very low however. I receive $6 per session which is absolutely not enough to pay the bills.
Relaxed and Enjoyable
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2018
I would recommend that if you don't mind Janitorial work to apply at LA Fitness, It was a cool job just not enough to pay my rent or other bills at that time.
Pros
Fun, happy and free membership
Corrupt management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
One day off a week, no job security, pressure upon new hires, management was corrupt. I enjoy the gym and workout 6–7 days a week, but working there made me lose interest in the gym.
Productive and fun workplace
General Manager (promoted several times) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Great energy had a blast doing oresales making lots of money and provided to grow into higher managerial roles. No work life balance. Paw was lowered.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
pay structure lowered
Fun place
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 12, 2018
LA fitness was an ok place to work, the pressure you to make sales of memberships but overall if you can make the sales then you will make the money and enjoy the perks.
Don’t work here
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CA 92691July 12, 2018
If this isn’t your dream career, don’t work here. It’s nothing but calling to clear up memberships that came back unpaid. If you don’t get it cleared up you get in trouble. If you try your best but still don’t get it, you get threatened. Still continue to try but nothing happens? Thanks for coming but it’s best we part ways. Unrealistic expectations for a receptionist.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management, clear ups
Sales manager
District Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2018
Driver of revenue through day to day sales operations. Multi-unit leader and salesforce. Job also require the ability to train and develop sales team.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long Work Days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight