La Mesa-Spring Valley School District Employee Reviews

Great Experience
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 18, 2019
Best job and team I've work with. I love the school setting and the supportive staff. The benefits are great and you're made to feel like family. I have never been so happy with my place of employment.
Pros
Most everything
Cons
Hired hastily due to the need, I had to figure a lot out about their payroll and benefits through other employees, Yet again, I was always taken care of by my immediate staff members
Great place to work with great people!
Sub Clerical/Paraprofessional Special Education (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, CANovember 27, 2018
Good place to work with a great and healthy environment. I met many nice people in these work sites for the schools. Work hours were very flexible and easy to work with. My manager was very professional and trained me with great patience.
Fun and Fast Paced
Safety supervisor/coach (Current Employee) –  Avondale ElementqryJune 24, 2018
I get to spend time with my daughter while making a difference with the next generation. I make sure that all of the children are safe on the play equipment, that said equipment is properly maintained, and that if there is an incident, such as an accident, I assess the situation since I am on the spot (mostly I do first aid though occasionally I contact the nurse via radio for advice or to let her know that a child needs her assistance, please advise).
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Pretty Normal except compensation
ESS Recreational Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 27, 2018
The work was pretty much the same every day of the week. There was set schedule and we rarely went away from it. The compensation was poor for the living requirements for San Diego because of the high costs of living.
Fun place to work
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CADecember 3, 2017
La Mesa-Spring Valley school district was a fun place to work. The management supported the teachers and also cared a lot about the students. Lots of fun activities were planned which provided a very positive learning environment.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Discipline issues
Enjoyable school setting.
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 28, 2017
Some long time custodians would not follow the set schedule I was given to set by school administers. There wasn't any pressure working there the only pressure is the one I would place on myself to get everything done in the time allowed for to the best of my abilities.
Pros
Given lunch
Cons
At times there was a shortage of materials or chemical, long distance to drive
Wonderful place
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at LMSVSD. I don't really have anything bad to say. I wished I was still there. I miss the teachers and students. The pay was decent and the benefits were a plus.
Pros
excellent pay, fast-paced
Cons
sometimes understaffed
Fun work place
ESS program aide (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 26, 2017
Good environment to work in and it's a fun job. Kids are always great to be around. Not complicated at all. It's a calm work place. I would recommend for anyone who likes children.
A good district to start subbing in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 7, 2017
It was a good district to start subbing in. The pay is much lower than the San Diego Unified School District so I would rather work there since it's a bit far for me to drive for $120/day.
Great Job
Playground Worker (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 6, 2017
Fun work place. working closely with children and teachers and gettng to know the parents. The hardes part of the job was making sure that the kindergarden and first graders ate their lunches. I loved working at the school.
Pros
Gettng to work in my childs class helps to keep on top of her studies.
Cons
Terrible parking.
fun
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 5, 2017
I really enjoy working with the students. it is fun doing work with the children and getting to know the different personalities. I would like to have a permanent position
Excellent district
Middle School Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 12, 2016
Have been at LMSV schools for 15 years. I love every aspect of my job. Managment is 100% behind the teachers. We've had the same principal for 10 years and he has brought our school to the top of the district.
Great environment love the teachers.
Student Helper (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 3, 2016
I love this job working with the kids and the teachers.The teachers were very friendly with me always asking about how my schooling was going I also made great connections with parents.
Cons
Pay rate is low and hours are terrible only 3 hrs a day.
Government job
Programs Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
In this position I had the opportunity to introduce many new ideas that really eased the collections process for the department. One thing about working in a school district, is that technical developments are a bit behind.
i love working there
child nutrition (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 12, 2014
I been there for 8 years its a great place to work for mom with children
Pros
i get off the same days as my daughter
Cons
no benefits
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 27, 2013
Before budget cuts from the state of California and some of the current management, the school district was a great place to work. Everyone worked well together, had many fun district functions. Enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Budget cuts from state of California made it difficult to get job done