La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Found 1,263 reviews matching the search See all 1,301 reviews
High expectations for employees with unequal compensation and support
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 19, 2019
Working at La Petite was only enjoyable because I love kids. Aside from the students, working here was a nightmare (some days).Teaching the Two year old class was very difficult and impossible to do according to the standards that were set for the class. My co teacher and I often had to run the classroom according to the what we thought was best in order to get through the day. Although it was a Two's class, we had a mixture of 23month olds and 3 and 1/2 year olds, all in the same room. We even had deveral students with special needs, one of which was 4years old. Anybody who knows anything about children understand that developmentally, the class was extremely diverse which made it very difficult to implement age appropriate activities for each child. High stress environment. Most people who worked the Two's quit soon after. As far as the other age groups I would say La Petite is a good place to teach. Just stay away from the Two's class! And dont expect to get paid very much money.
Pros
Lunch and snacks
Cons
Poor wages
Unprofessional and incompetent
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2019
The management at the location I worked at was hardly ever there. The turnover rate is crazy high and with good reason. You never go home on time, and yet some mornings you get asked to work without clocking in so you don't get overtime. The children are allowed to beat you up, leaving welts and drawing blood and management will refuse to even call their parents. The kids have zero real consequences for any of their actions, making it's joke to try
. To maintain any sense of order. They constantly flunking audits. It is just all around a chaotic nightmare. I have worked with kids in way better environments and La Petite is just begging for a lawsuit with their culture.
The job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2019
I liked the co-workers, but did not like management or corporate.Classes did a lot of co mingling with ages meaning kids mixed with different ages.It was hard to get time off.Too many changing of classes
Teacher
Asst teacher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 11, 2019
The management sucks!! She doesn’t like confrontation. She stresses out and starts crying. She’s a cry baby. (literally a crybaby) Not a good place to work.
It would be better if one person in management left
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 11, 2019
This is not a bad place to work if you do not mind having different children in your class everyday and not being able to express your concerns with one member of management. The director is wonderful and helpful though. She is their greatest benefit.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the level of support you were receiving from management. We know working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all your contributions during your time on our team!

If you care about your overall health, don’t do this to yourself.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2019
This is the absolute worse school to work for under the Learning Care Group corporation. They’re all pretty tragic, but La Petite takes the cake. All La Petite’s are usually dirty, unorganized and careless. Management lies all of the time and cares about nothing but the money entering their pockets. There’s always drama that THEY start. They don’t know how to communicate. They care nothing about your mental health or your physical health. They will send you off every time if you let them. They keep kids with the Flu who in turn get the rest of
the school sick. They’re careless and barbaric.
Great co-workers, director doesn't appreciate hard working staff.
Full-time Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2019
Building can get chaotic very quickly, management often has no idea what their plan for the day is. Staff is often unappreciated. Management seems scared of certain staff and do not hire new people nearly as often as necessary. Will assume you can stay late without asking or regard to your outside life.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your perspective. We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied by the level of support you received from management. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for the children and families we serve.

Good Friendly place to work
Lead Teacher/Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 5, 2019
Love the people who work there. Good friendly people. Good place to bring kids too. Environment is good.Great meals to eat nice and healthy for the kids.
July 12, 2019

Thank you for reviewing La Petite Academy! We are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with the children and staff in your center! It is rewarding to work in a place where everyone has a common goal of making a difference in children's lives! Thank you for all that you do for the children and families we serve!

Fun environment
Teacher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 5, 2019
Good people very fun and safe environment. If you love working with kids then this is definitely a place to start with. The teacher love the kids and take good care of them.
July 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with the children and staff in your center. Thank you for all that you do!

Long hours with short breaks
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 4, 2019
You’d work 11 hours sometimes more with very short breaks, turn over rate is horrible, and management doesn't care about their employees at all!!!!! Good checks because of overtime though.
Pros
Good pay checks
Cons
Working long hours
poor management
Toddler Teacher/ Van Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250July 3, 2019
This location was never well staffed. Staff was always placed in different aged classrooms to consolidate kids and part time staff were sent home to cut hours.
Horrible Management
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 3, 2019
Director at La petite Rialto, CA, lies to parents, children and staff. Manipulative and doesnt work fairly . The center was all about high enrollment but was short staffed. Not the best possibility for your children.
Run run as fast as you can
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJune 30, 2019
Doesn’t matter if you have your cda dcf hours or a degree at that, pay is horrible ! Management will have to follow policies through corporate who trust me do not care about anything but money. Not giving it back to their employees and centers but keeping it in there pockets for themselves. The ratios make no sense which cause chaos in your classroom and when you call for help or back up do not except to get it when you need it. Didn’t work their just a parent that has seen the way of corporate daycares.
Pros
Daycare for your kids
Cons
You will get no where with corporate daycares
Unorganized at times and unappreciated workplace. The company is not what it seems to be
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2019
This company was excellent when i first started in 2004 but as the year went by and the company was changed or merged with Learning Care Group they took away my vacation time and i haven't been able to get a vacation in over 6 yrs and its hard to accumulate hours to get them up. This company does not care for their employees
July 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience. As a company, we strive to provide a positive work environment for our employees. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive within the industry. We appreciate all your contributions to the children and families we serve.

Stay away from corporate franchise daycare centers that call themselves academys
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAJune 26, 2019
This organization is nation wide and the headquarters are not located in California. They only care about making money not delivering quality child CARE
Pros
job security as there is heavy staff turnover, this is a great first time teaching job to gain experience, and identify what type of company you do not want to work for
Cons
management has to take orders and uphold policies that do not match California, or Sonoma County culture
Clean and Educational
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJune 25, 2019
I only worked at this location for a few weeks when we were opening the school and had to relocate to something closer to my location, but I loved the positive and educational atmosphere.
July 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience. We appreciate all your contributions to the children and families we serve during your time on our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Always striving to be the best facility can be challenging at times
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2019
At this facility, the director is very talented and dedicated to being the best La Petite in Nashville. She works close with all staff and tries to form close unique bonds fit for each person. Downside, working with a bunch of women can sometimes be challenging. Also, communicating to staff it not always pleasant.
When Stars comes around it’s very stressful be aware.
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate everything you did for the children and families we serve during your time on our team. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we thank you for your contributions. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

It's a cool place
TEACHER ASSISTANT/FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2019
A typical day would be to teach the kids different learning skills, play with the kids, change them and make sure everyone gets breakfast, lunch and snack. I learned a lot about being a assistant but I did a little more than the teacher. The workplace was cool some people got away with things that others couldn't.
June 24, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review Tutor Time Learning Center! We know that working in the ECE can be challenging so we appreciate all the contributions during your time on our team. We wish you be best of luck in your future endeavors!

Good for a Limited Time
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 20, 2019
If you have children do no work here. Go for Sunshine House or Childcare Network if they have these centers in your state, they are corporation daycares as well and they actually give you a good discount for your child even if they're an Infant. La Petite does not offer good discount programs for staff, or maternity benefits although we all know Daycare/Childcare staff if 90% Women.

You will be required to work overtime- If you are strict about your time Childcare is probably not the best choice because they always need someone to stay an extra hour or two.

Health package was pretty good but since the pay is horrific it puts you in a bad spot because you can't really afford it although it is offered.

Don't think just because you have experience and a degree that this will help, the pay is still bad. between $11-$12 to start off even with a Bachelors or CDA you will have to work your way up.
Pros
We did Employee Potluck and the parents were nice during teacher appreciation week
Cons
Pay rate, staff morale, high turn-over rate
July 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Tutor Time. As a company, we strive to provide a positive and supportive work environment for our employees. As part of that, we regularly evaluate employee compensation and benefits to ensure they’re competitive geographically within the industry. We hear your concerns and have marked them for further review. Again, thank you for all you did in your center.

productive
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed working here, and the day is always filled with something to do. the management was awesome, the workplace environment was laid back. I enjoyed working here.
June 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Tutor Time Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on your team. Thank you for all your contributions to your center. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight