La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Employee Reviews for Preschool Teacher

Good company where people can grow
Its a pleasure come to work every morning and receive my student very happy and have fun with them. Teaching them and see them grow academically and in confidence. At La Petite I enjoyed working alongside with my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Greeting teachers
Cons
short vacation time
Amazing Director and AD during my time here. However, they were gone the day I decided to never go back. Third key wasn’t kind at all. With a great management team, it makes staff motivated and encouraged to return. They make the environment feel like a safe and friendly place to work but with negative people it does the opposite. I do miss the Director and AD!
Don't work here
It sucks. They run you to the ground. Over work, under paid. They don't offer competitive benefits. They're rude and won't let you tend to personal emergencies. They lack community and communication. Management doesn't show appreciation for staff. Seniority gets treated like poo while people who work for a week get special needs met. Feel free to call in as there are no consequence
Poor management and not much room for growth
The management team always seemed to be arguing and the other employees did not seem to care about the kids. The hardest part of the job was not feeling supported by the managers and feeling like I was on my own.
Company only cares about money you could meet some nice parents children and coworkers
Every center you work at is as good as the directors this place is a beautiful center with loving teachers but the director is not the best she’s insensitive and only cares about looking good for corporate. The children were great the teachers are wonderful the director horrible
Pros
Great staff willing to go the extra mile a lot of staff recognition
Cons
infant room not allowed to have swings, no jumpers, bottles are warmed in hot water, low pay
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
loved working there
I loved working at this daycare. My co-workers where amazing. My lead teacher was very nice and made sure I knew how to do everything correctly. I would take Uber to work so if I happened to be a little late my Director understood.
Very Productive workplace
I love working for La'petite Academy because I love being around my babies in the infant room and being the one who is able to help them learn and grow each day. La'petite is a great place to work with many opportunities to grow in the future if this is somewhere you would like to be long term. With that being said I am also ready for new opportunity's, so that I can learn more and also grow!
Great Place
You’ll enjoy working with the company if you enjoy working with kids and that’s where your heart is! You’ll love it! You’ll learn a lot and advance in position as you grow with the company.
Awful
Just awful work place
Poor staff

Unsanitary

Food illnesses

Under staffed

Poor management Director, District Manager, Manager

Professional liars

If you think something is ..off...believe it
Not a fan of corporate preschools
Director was amazing! but you have all this "big people" sitting on their nice cushioned office chairs in front of there nice up to date computers that actually work correctly making rule after rule after rule to the "little people" actually in the centers doing the real work and they don't even realize what the work load is already with just taking care of the kids on a daily basis, the corporate aspects of these preschools suck because they worry more about paying the people sitting in chairs all day in front of a computer rather then paying the people doing the hard work in the classrooms and they don't care about the kids they care about money and making money!
stressful and negative work environment
Director is unprofessional and unkind. Takes all credit. Does not give any positive feedback to employees, only the negative. Discusses private matters.
Great co-workers, director doesn't appreciate hard working staff.
Building can get chaotic very quickly, management often has no idea what their plan for the day is. Staff is often unappreciated. Management seems scared of certain staff and do not hire new people nearly as often as necessary. Will assume you can stay late without asking or regard to your outside life.
July 16, 2019
Thank you for sharing your perspective. We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied by the level of support you received from management. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for the children and families we serve.
poor management
This location was never well staffed. Staff was always placed in different aged classrooms to consolidate kids and part time staff were sent home to cut hours.
July 24, 2019
Thank you for you feedback. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times, so we appreciate all of your hard work at your school!
Stay away from corporate franchise daycare centers that call themselves academys
This organization is nation wide and the headquarters are not located in California. They only care about making money not delivering quality child CARE
Pros
job security as there is heavy staff turnover, this is a great first time teaching job to gain experience, and identify what type of company you do not want to work for
Cons
management has to take orders and uphold policies that do not match California, or Sonoma County culture
July 24, 2019
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. If you are open to sharing more about it, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.
Clean and Educational
I only worked at this location for a few weeks when we were opening the school and had to relocate to something closer to my location, but I loved the positive and educational atmosphere.
July 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience. We appreciate all your contributions to the children and families we serve during your time on our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
Always striving to be the best facility can be challenging at times
At this facility, the director is very talented and dedicated to being the best La Petite in Nashville. She works close with all staff and tries to form close unique bonds fit for each person. Downside, working with a bunch of women can sometimes be challenging. Also, communicating to staff it not always pleasant.
When Stars comes around it’s very stressful be aware.
June 24, 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate everything you did for the children and families we serve during your time on our team. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we thank you for your contributions. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
productive
I enjoyed working here, and the day is always filled with something to do. the management was awesome, the workplace environment was laid back. I enjoyed working here.
June 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Tutor Time Learning Center! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on your team. Thank you for all your contributions to your center. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
Poor management
Our management was rude and disrespectful to both teachers and parents. Director never helps employees out, comes in late, leaves early, yells at staff, talks down to staff. When the district Manager was contacted about the situation there was nothing done about it, was told "Your just not used to working". The pay was great but I wouldn't go back for any amount of money.
June 18, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received from upper management. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.
Fun family oriented facility
La petite is a great place to work the work environment is very fun and family like. The director and assistant director are always willing to help as well as the other team members.
June 17, 2019
Thanks for the review. We believe La Petite Academy, is a fun place to work, we are happy to hear you think so too. Thanks again!
There are better options.
I know working with children can be stressful and I knew that going into this job but there are much better options if you work in child care. This company is nothing but a liability not only for you but the children that they take care of.
June 18, 2019
Thanks for the review. La Petite Academy is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. Thanks again.
productive
i would not return here here or put my kids in this day care i do not like some of the staff that work that here. please do not get me wrong there are those that are nice there but then some of the other staff i would stay away from.
June 20, 2019
Thank you for review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at your center. If you are open to sharing more, please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight