La Petite Academy Employee Reviews for Teacher

Found 284 reviews matching the search See all 1,379 reviews
Growth as an educator
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Bonita, CAOctober 13, 2019
Great place to work and grow as a teacher while learning through training and experiences. I was able to become a lead teacher and run my own classroom while working with other age groups. I gained experience in customer service and teaching.
Fun, fast paced school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 3, 2019
When I started this job, it was difficult because I had 0 to no teaching experience and I was put into a classroom with individuals who were in a similar place than me. There was a lack of training but as time went on, it got easier. The director is amazing and was flexible when I was in school.
Terrible place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 29, 2019
Director was horrible. Classrooms were a hot mess. Coworkers were very messy. Couldn't take a sick day off. Would have to come into work while you are sick and get others sick.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Only a stepping stone
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 14, 2019
You get benefits but they aren’t that great , there is no paid time off or any room for over time . Management will hover over you to make sure your clocking out to make sure there isn’t any overtime . If your between 18-24 this is a job for you if you lack consistency . There is a 100 percent turn over .
No no no
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2019
Way too much work for the compensation you receive. Too much favoritism. Constant overtime hours without even being asked because the turnover rate is so high. Pay is laughable, and raises are 50 cents. Many of the “teachers” yell at the children and are unkind which is heartbreaking. Absolute worst job I have ever had.
The North Las Vegas school on Simmons
teacher (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2019
This school is the worst of the worst. They treat you like an hourly wage worker. You get NO SUPPORT with difficult children.Very poor communication. Lots of gossip among staff. Administration is the WORST!!
Pros
big sized classroom.
Cons
everything else
It’s alright
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2019
The pay is pretty little for the amount of stuff you have to do and raises are absolutely ridiculous, you never get more than a dollar. No matter how well you work
absolutly amazing
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 6, 2019
Good people and great family’s to work with They really care about you there and are very understanding when things don’t always go the right way they are very accommodating
Horrible place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 29, 2019
I absolutely hated working there because management was horrible. Pay was disrespectful, teach to child ratios was overwhelming, treated some of the teachers poorly. Uncoordinated.
Love the kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2019
The kids are amazing but management could be better. Had been there for three years. They do treat you like family though. That’s something that I loved.
Fun and learning
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 25, 2019
Great management, fun workplace, lots of kid fun and learning, field trips, recess, grow-fit eating habits, arts and crafts, understanding of life happens events.
Don't waste your time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 14, 2019
This facility comes with ALOT of stress. Hours are cut weekly so that management can receive hefty bonuses yearly. The staff is VERY unprofessional and no one ever stays at this facility.
Great place to work! I would suggest anyone to work there
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 13, 2019
Great place to work. Staff and managers are great to be around. Great place to send your own kids! Kids are sweet. I am a toddler teacher and I love it to death
Teamwork
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2019
Management was really big on team work I loved that they listened to the staff and took staff members ideas into consideration, very encouraging on wanting the teachers to get college degrees offered to pay for classes
Fair and positive work environment
Teacher/ Floater (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for la petite and I would go back! The directors and assistant directors were good to me and worked with my schedule as needed. Also, the staff are friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and snack
I would be come back to this Daycare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 7, 2019
La petite Academy 7511 on James island, in South Carolina is very unprofessional and has the most God awful management team I have ever seen. Employees are spoken to like children, and they are always out of ratio because, they can't keep a steady staff. Maybe if they treat staff like people and not animals, they would stay. Management is only concerned with themselves
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 7, 2019
Encourage infants and toddler's to learn colors, animals and shapes. Sing and dance with them. Indoor and outdoor activities. Nice job environment. Nice coworkers.
Wonderful families, awful management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCAugust 5, 2019
I would say that the thing that pushed me to leave was the management. Things are run like it’s the first day of opening. There are more kids than ratio allows. Teachers are constantly moved around to break each other. Employees come and go, most not even giving a notice; just texting “I quit”. I wish that there was more professionalism with the staff instead of having been treated like a child.
Pros
Sweet kids
Cons
Lack of professionalism, understaffed, poor management
Too much stress
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 25, 2019
Over worked and under paid, not an Acedemy just an over priced babysitter. The children are moved from room to room to much. The cleanliness is almost non existent.
Not a babysitting job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2019
If you can't handle constant change or handle stressful situations then this isn't the job for you. Schedules aren't 100 % some days or holidays you may be asked to go home due to low ratios. Some days you maybe asked to stay late due to an employee calling in. There's no overtime unless approved by higher ups. You will not get 40 hrs a week you may get close to, but they'll make sure you clock out with at least 38-39 hrs for fulltime workers. You will possibly be at work for 10 or 12 hours a day, but be paid for 7-8 hrs because you'll have to take 2 to 3 hour breaks. A lot of people come in thinking this will be an easy like babysitting job were you allow the kids to just play. It's not! You will actually do lesson plans and are teaching a classroom while multitasking in different areas depending on the classroom your placed. Working in childcare you have to be quick on your feet because , there's no sitting around playing with the kids while the other teacher does all of the work. If you're not a team player it's not the place for you. Also you must tough skinned because some parents will try to break you down and talk or treat you as if your beneath them. Good luck to all that apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight