La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Found 1,291 reviews matching the search See all 1,329 reviews
All great friendly helpful welcoming staff members
Lead Teacher, Early preschool classroom (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2019
From the first day I started working everyone was very friendly offering help giving advice making me feel welcome at the center along with the parents and the children we got a love teacher appreciation day!
Awful
Food illnesses
Under staffed
Poor management Director, District Manager, Manager
Professional liars
If you think something is ..off...believe it
Care Giving
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2019
I really enjoyed working with kids helping them teaching them new things showing them what’s important and respecting others and having fun I really love working with kids..
Too much stress
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 25, 2019
Over worked and under paid, not an Acedemy just an over priced babysitter. The children are moved from room to room to much. The cleanliness is almost non existent.
Not a fan of corporate preschools
La Petite Academy-Preschool teacher and assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJuly 24, 2019
Director was amazing! but you have all this "big people" sitting on their nice cushioned office chairs in front of there nice up to date computers that actually work correctly making rule after rule after rule to the "little people" actually in the centers doing the real work and they don't even realize what the work load is already with just taking care of the kids on a daily basis, the corporate aspects of these preschools suck because they worry more about paying the people sitting in chairs all day in front of a computer rather then paying the people doing the hard work in the classrooms and they don't care about the kids they care about money and making money!
stressful and negative work environment
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 23, 2019
Director is unprofessional and unkind. Takes all credit. Does not give any positive feedback to employees, only the negative. Discusses private matters.
Not a babysitting job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2019
If you can't handle constant change or handle stressful situations then this isn't the job for you. Schedules aren't 100 % some days or holidays you may be asked to go home due to low ratios. Some days you maybe asked to stay late due to an employee calling in. There's no overtime unless approved by higher ups. You will not get 40 hrs a week you may get close to, but they'll make sure you clock out with at least 38-39 hrs for fulltime workers. You will possibly be at work for 10 or 12 hours a day, but be paid for 7-8 hrs because you'll have to take 2 to 3 hour breaks. A lot of people come in thinking this will be an easy like babysitting job were you allow the kids to just play. It's not! You will actually do lesson plans and are teaching a classroom while multitasking in different areas depending on the classroom your placed. Working in childcare you have to be quick on your feet because , there's no sitting around playing with the kids while the other teacher does all of the work. If you're not a team player it's not the place for you. Also you must tough skinned because some parents will try to break you down and talk or treat you as if your beneath them. Good luck to all that apply.
Great place to start and grow
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 21, 2019
Pros
-Supportive staff. Everyone typically helps each other if they can
-management works with you to the best of their ability when it comes to giving hours
-Great place to learn and grow as a teacher
-There’s a app they have that makes communicating with the parents easy
-There’s cameras for security
-Great curriculum

Cons
-There’s a lot of rules and steps you have to follow throughout the day that can be very time consuming and sometimes difficult to balance when you are trying to also keep an close eye on the kiddos
-Pay isn't the best
High expectations for employees with unequal compensation and support
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 19, 2019
Working at La Petite was only enjoyable because I love kids. Aside from the students, working here was a nightmare (some days).Teaching the Two year old class was very difficult and impossible to do according to the standards that were set for the class. My co teacher and I often had to run the classroom according to the what we thought was best in order to get through the day. Although it was a Two's class, we had a mixture of 23month olds and 3 and 1/2 year olds, all in the same room. We even had deveral students with special needs, one of which was 4years old. Anybody who knows anything about children understand that developmentally, the class was extremely diverse which made it very difficult to implement age appropriate activities for each child. High stress environment. Most people who worked the Two's quit soon after. As far as the other age groups I would say La Petite is a good place to teach. Just stay away from the Two's class! And dont expect to get paid very much money.
Pros
Lunch and snacks
Cons
Poor wages
Unprofessional and incompetent
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2019
The management at the location I worked at was hardly ever there. The turnover rate is crazy high and with good reason. You never go home on time, and yet some mornings you get asked to work without clocking in so you don't get overtime. The children are allowed to beat you up, leaving welts and drawing blood and management will refuse to even call their parents. The kids have zero real consequences for any of their actions, making it's joke to try
. To maintain any sense of order. They constantly flunking audits. It is just all around a chaotic nightmare. I have worked with kids in way better environments and La Petite is just begging for a lawsuit with their culture.
The job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2019
I liked the co-workers, but did not like management or corporate.Classes did a lot of co mingling with ages meaning kids mixed with different ages.It was hard to get time off.Too many changing of classes
Teacher
Asst teacher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 11, 2019
The management sucks!! She doesn’t like confrontation. She stresses out and starts crying. She’s a cry baby. (literally a crybaby) Not a good place to work.
July 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. At La Petite Academy, we aim to create a positive experience for all of our employees. Because of this, we are disappointed to hear about your experience and would like to discuss specifics further. Please reach out to the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

It would be better if one person in management left
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 11, 2019
This is not a bad place to work if you do not mind having different children in your class everyday and not being able to express your concerns with one member of management. The director is wonderful and helpful though. She is their greatest benefit.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the level of support you were receiving from management. We know working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all your contributions during your time on our team!

If you care about your overall health, don’t do this to yourself.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2019
This is the absolute worse school to work for under the Learning Care Group corporation. They’re all pretty tragic, but La Petite takes the cake. All La Petite’s are usually dirty, unorganized and careless. Management lies all of the time and cares about nothing but the money entering their pockets. There’s always drama that THEY start. They don’t know how to communicate. They care nothing about your mental health or your physical health. They will send you off every time if you let them. They keep kids with the Flu who in turn get the rest of
the school sick. They’re careless and barbaric.
July 24, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. At La Petite Academy, we aim to create a positive and inclusive work environment where our employees feel valued. Because of this, we find your feedback very concerning and would like to discuss it further. Please reach us by calling the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

Great co-workers, director doesn't appreciate hard working staff.
Full-time Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2019
Building can get chaotic very quickly, management often has no idea what their plan for the day is. Staff is often unappreciated. Management seems scared of certain staff and do not hire new people nearly as often as necessary. Will assume you can stay late without asking or regard to your outside life.
July 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your perspective. We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied by the level of support you received from management. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all that you do for the children and families we serve.

Good Friendly place to work
Lead Teacher/Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 5, 2019
Love the people who work there. Good friendly people. Good place to bring kids too. Environment is good.Great meals to eat nice and healthy for the kids.
July 12, 2019

Thank you for reviewing La Petite Academy! We are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with the children and staff in your center! It is rewarding to work in a place where everyone has a common goal of making a difference in children's lives! Thank you for all that you do for the children and families we serve!

Fun environment
Teacher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 5, 2019
Good people very fun and safe environment. If you love working with kids then this is definitely a place to start with. The teacher love the kids and take good care of them.
July 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review La Petite Academy! We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with the children and staff in your center. Thank you for all that you do!

Long hours with short breaks
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 4, 2019
You’d work 11 hours sometimes more with very short breaks, turn over rate is horrible, and management doesn't care about their employees at all!!!!! Good checks because of overtime though.
Pros
Good pay checks
Cons
Working long hours
July 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. At La Petite Academy, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment for all of our employees. Because of this, we are saddened to hear about your experience. If you are open to sharing more, please call the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

poor management
Toddler Teacher/ Van Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250July 3, 2019
This location was never well staffed. Staff was always placed in different aged classrooms to consolidate kids and part time staff were sent home to cut hours.
July 24, 2019

Thank you for you feedback. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times, so we appreciate all of your hard work at your school!

Horrible Management
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 3, 2019
Director at La petite Rialto, CA, lies to parents, children and staff. Manipulative and doesnt work fairly . The center was all about high enrollment but was short staffed. Not the best possibility for your children.
July 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. At La Petite Academy, we strive to create a work environment where every employee is valued and supported. Because of this, we find your experience concerning. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please call the Employee Hotline at 877-767-5241.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight