La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

It was okay
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2018
I loved my co-workers, however management showed favoritism to certain workers and it was very obvious. They gave them breaks sooner, let them go home earlier, and was more relaxed when it came to rule breaking. However, it was a decent place to work and I enjoyed my time there.
Amazing work and advancement
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed this position as it allowed me to learn and advance within the company quickly. I developed customer service skills through their various trainings as well as the ability to run a facility alone.
Pros
advancement
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 23, 2018
This is a great place to work. Love the people and the staff, just not certain where I want to go with my life anymore. The teachers and parents often have great relationships.
Pros
Staff is like a family
Cons
Low wage, stressful job
Fun workplace, great staff, meaningful experiences.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 23, 2018
The workplace culture at La Petite Academy of Santa Rosa is welcoming and fun. Co-workers are always wiling to help each other. The experience you get teaching there is meaningful and educational. I personally felt like the company as a whole is a little heavy on policies. Some policies take up a lot of time that could be used on child interaction. However, overall, my experience was good.
Pros
great staff
Cons
healthcare options for part time employees is expensive and doesn't cover much
Fun environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 19, 2018
Really enjoyed my time at La Petite Academy. I learned a lot about a corporate facility worked. I also learned a lot about working within a group while still improving on personal growth.
Prductive place to work
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61704April 19, 2018
Productive and fun workplace the bosses other employees were very welcoming and fourth coming when needing help. it was a nice to job to be able to show off you're creative side as well as being disciplined.
Pros
emploees were great, families were wonderful people
not organized and stressful
Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 18, 2018
Very stressful and not what I expected. Rules and guidelines were not followed by management. When issues were brought to light about favored girls nothing happened and those who weren't favored got the brunt of it.
Fun
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2018
Fun place the people there help each other its a great place to work and the director its really flexible.i would recommend this place and the parents are excellent
La Petite is very family oriented, strong curriculum base school and great with employee recognition.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 15, 2018
I’ve been employed at La petite for over 20 years. The management team, Co- works, students and Strong Parent teacher relationships has helped me to excel from infant teacher to now a lead teacher. I’ve been provided opportunity for leadership roles and extensive training in early childhood education.
Fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 12, 2018
Working in all rooms from infant to school age doing different activities with all the children and connecting with them along with interacting with their parents to let them know how their child is doing.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and snack
Cons
short brakes
Teacher
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PA 19446April 8, 2018
I did not like the way they treated the workers. It was exhausting work with hardly any break. There were too many rules and it was like being a robot. The pay was low at $12 an hour.
Pros
the children were good and caring
Cons
low pay
Ok place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 7, 2018
The management needs work, never followed rules unless it was the teachers getting in trouble, they have no room for advancement and they did not care how the teachers were treated
productive fun laugh alot
preschool manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2018
friendly faces and nice cozy environment. i have been there for 5 years and i wouldn't change it for the world. the management is good and the families are respectful and warm welcoming.
Teachers Aid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 7, 2018
A typical day at my job consist of many multitasking jobs. When children are dropped off , we first serve breakfast , followed with the changing of diapers, followed by play time which leads to lunch, another change of linen, followed by nap time. The day continues on with repletion of daily task such as cleaning and sanitizing toys and other equipment, snack , followed by playtime and pick-up.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Limited growth in company
La Petite
Lead Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 5, 2018
The management at La Petite was Terrible! She was extremely lazy and not good with the kids at all. She did not care about her employees no matter how much you bent over backwards to help the center when they were low staffed. The pay is very low too especially considering they want everyone to have a CDA or degree in early ed
Great Experience with Wonderful People, Students and Parents
Infant Room Teacher (Former Employee) –  Powell, OH 43065March 30, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work each and everyday. The culture and atmosphere was fantastic and made each day enjoyable. The awesomeness of the management team and the great parents and students brightened my day.
Very Stressful work environment for certain people only. Management has their favorites and makes known to all.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMarch 28, 2018
A undercover boss from headquarters in Novi Michigan. Should launch a undercover investigation of local corporate office, and that includes investigating District Managers etc.....While investigating, go undercover to all the schools under each District Manager and speak with all staff at the schools. I would even encourage them to reach out to every member of management that has left or that was terminated within the last 5 years...... The management needs to be exposed for all of the damage they have caused. With their unethical tactics, behavior,and treatment.
Pros
Great teaching staff
Cons
Poor treatment by Upper Corporate Management at their local office
Awesome work family
Server (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 25, 2018
The people here make you smile on a regular. From the start of the morning they are concerned about one another and the children and their families. They love hard on each other and everyone around them.
Pros
Build strong bonds
Cons
under paid
Very slow daycare, Some of the children are treated unfairly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 24, 2018
Working at La Petite was a very unorganized place to work. This job also had not a lot of communication with staff. Atypical day at the daycare was cooking 2 meals a day and providing children with a snack.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Unorganized management team
Over all summary
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 21, 2018
I would NEVER put my children in another La Petite be they way my son was treated. Management was horrible. They only card about the infants because they cant attend for themselves.
Pros
free breakfast, free lunch
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight