La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,826 reviews matching the search See all 1,876 reviews
There's room for advancement
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work is more of the back office stuff. Payroll, balancing, budgeting, surveys, anything that has to do with running the hotel. I've learned a lot I always do at any job. The hardest part of the job is finding people to actually work!
benefits
Cons
lack of management and employees
The long term people were fun to work with.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 18, 2018
We had such a big turn over with housekeepers that it made the job unbearable at time. I had to train too many people within each week. Wheather it be new hires that did not stay long or people we hired from a temp service on a daily.
Pros
Too much work
Cons
Very little pay
I enjoy the job and the people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 18, 2018
There is a high turnover in employee and not paid what I feel is fair . I do like my job and the hours. I just don't like all the changes and we never have enough linen always running around looking for what you need to do your job it sucks
Pros
I have a job
Cons
No discounts not even on drinks
workplace in general
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2018
i dont care to say much about this company except they r really unfair and i wouldnt suggest anyone to even apply there its mot a good enviroment to be in
Pros
Cons
everything including the management
Temporary job
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
I worked at a Franchise Management didn’t care about employees and was very UnprofessionalI think it was just the location I worked at I just remember valetine night being the only receptionist there and I was very busy
Productive Workplace without proper management
customer service (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 17, 2018
This hotel is all in all a great place to work at but you can tell who has more pull with management when it comes to working there. Some employees that’s been there for a while thought they were the managers and thought they had pull with getting someone fired.
Pros
Family, Fun, paid lunch sometimes
Cons
No healthcare, some employees don’t abide by rules
Lots of poorly run properties
Front desk service representative/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 16, 2018
Certain locations are great but there are too many poorly run and maintained properties that effects the whole brand and the employees that work there.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
too many poorly run properties
I Needed to do more research into my move to Atlanta from Jacksonville
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
When I was in Jacksonville I did like my position and the people I worked with after I moved to Atlanta I was unhappy with my position. The hotel was under renovations and my position was going change as the renovations were completed. I did not find out all of what I was intended to be doing before I left, the position was exactly as it was in Jacksonville FL.
Pros
It was easy moving from one LQ to another LQ
Cons
I did not understand the overwhelming changes until too late
All things are what you make them.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PAJuly 16, 2018
It’s a great place to work. My issue was their a ceiling for advancement and the pay for the top tier jobs isn’t enough for what I needed. It’s not a bad place to work if you can live off of $300 a week.
Pros
Fun coworkers
It Was Good But Bad
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11233July 12, 2018
The job was cool, could've been better if there was a better management on duty when I was working there.I wish it would have gotten better when I was there.
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager // Pearsall, TX (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXJuly 12, 2018
I learned tons about the hotel game starting at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Working there gave me plenty of experiences needed to advance in my career, even when moving to a different company. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was meeting new people and developing new relationships with the guests. I absolutely loved seeing happy customers.
Pros
Meeting new people, career advancement
My Review
Maintenance / Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2018
If it wasn't for the GM and the people I work with, I would have been gone a long time ago.The pay is absolutely terrible,and for the amount of work I do daily,nightly,whatever the case may be because I am not afraid of any work,I'm not bothered by working weekends or anything, except when a person works their tail off for a company,yet the company will not pay them what they're worth ,how about the chance for advancement?NOT!How about a raise in the wage? NO!
Pros
The people, the job, the benefits
Cons
Terrible Wages !!!!
I enjoyed working the guests and being a team player
Chief of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
I was responsible for keeping the hotel in proper working order and making sure the guests had the best stay possible. It was rewarding to see smiling faces.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
no advancement
Fun place to work very relaxed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXJuly 8, 2018
It was a pretty relaxed workplace with nice managers and coworkers. The pay could have been a bit better along with the hours. Not a horrible work place but not the best either.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Fun place to work. Awesome team
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2018
I worked with an incredible team. We all pitched in to help each other and build each other up. It really felt like family. Management was very supportive and forgiving. Busy hotel
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Very low pay
hand tool
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2018
working in eletronic component
Repair or replace defective equipment part using hand tool
Assemble boilers at installation sites tool such as leval pluming
repair drywall
painting and look after pool
Cons
40 hr of week
Overworked, underpaid
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laf LaJuly 6, 2018
The good you do, goes unnoticed, ALWAYS! Never have enough meetings to be "in the know" of things, poor training. The best thing about it is the guests, I enjoyed majority of the guests and maybe some of my coworkers. The pay isn't hardly enough, especially if you have a family. All the extra job duties, what a joke! Overworked, underpaid. Many other establishments in the same vicinity pay more. Acknowledge and give praise to the good your workers do, maybe they can focus much better and don't expect to pile loads of wrk on them with the "penny pay" get what you give..yet the giving(from employees)is more than the getting(from mgmt)
Pros
Guests
Cons
Pay, job description AND extra duties that gets done, yet unnoticed
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 5, 2018
typical work day, i got my cart ready to go to clean rooms, i would change bedding towels, wipe down all the furniture. just clean the room the proper way. i learned to be quick. hardest part of the job was when there were messy rooms it took a little longer. the enjoyable part of my day is when i knew i had all my rooms cleaned and done.
horrible work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 5, 2018
I didn't enjoy it because no matter what they was nothing you could do to make your job better, I think if they would let people know that the rooms where gonna be done within an hour.
Pros
Cons
all of it
terrible leadership
Houseman (Former Employee) –  OUtletSan Marcos TexasJuly 2, 2018
one of the worst places ever work no manager chief operating officer! promised full time never got 40 hours no breaks hired as Houseman did nothing but strip linen from rooms! fired no reason ever given!!
Pros
Cons
no management at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight