La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Found 2,022 reviews matching the search See all 2,076 reviews
Affordable
Housekeeping Supervisor/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
The treatment of the manager towards the employee is very professional and as a company if one has some kind of problem in the performance they try to solve quickly and calmly, motivate you and drive you to be a better person. personally I get along very well with the owners, manager and other work team.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfast
Cons
Healthcare
La Quinta
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Working for this company you had to have a team kind of mentality I got to meet a lot of lovely people at times it will get a little hectic but I mange to through it the owners were very helpful and polite people
n/a
new staff (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Housekeeping was a nice job to have. The hours was long and but the pay was good and the people was nice to be around. I would do it again and like it this time
it was a friendly environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJanuary 10, 2019
went in at 7 you get your shifts every 2 weeks, received a food and health course . Management was good. hardest part of the job the breakfast fridge were not well maintained well, alot of the equipment were broken .
Pros
friendly
Cons
over worked and under paid
Fun, many responsibilities, and free breakfast!
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJanuary 10, 2019
I was able to meet many different kinds of people, it was stressful at times and very relaxed on other times after getting used to the job responsibilities. Some responsibilities were not clear whether to help guests fully (which I usually did), or help them at a minimum.
Pros
Free hot breakfast
Cons
Too many responsibilities for one person
Too much in your business
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Alot of gossip not getting work done linen almost barely done . No one helps each other manager sucks could be more helpful, lend a hand. Maybe everything changed now but when I was there oh my poor management.
Pros
Guest made the day
Cons
No Help. Too much chitter-chatter
love the staff hate how its run.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OH 45241January 10, 2019
I loved the staff and managers problem was mon-thurs. we worked 3-5 hours and weekends we worked 9-11 hours didn't like the sporadic work schedule. Advancement was okay too as long as you asked and showed willingness to learn and learn new things. Also I worked really hard everyday to do my best just to find out my yearly raise was going to be 20 cents.
Good startup place to work to gain hotel experience.
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 10, 2019
Good start-up place to work to gain experience in the industry. The pay is kind of low; however, the fellow personnel are very good for the most part. Seems to have a strict promotional policy that rewards seniority rather than talent.
Great company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 9, 2019
I learned a lot from working with Laquinta. Working at Laquita was a great experience for me it as allowed and prepared me for the next chapter in my life
Too much asked for unlivable pay
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 8, 2019
Impossible to live in area on pay rate. Different shifts on different days every week made it impossible to establish sleep routine. ABSOLUTELY NO REASONABLE RESPECT OR ACCOMODATION FOR PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC PAIN ISSUES.
long fast passed
Housekeeper/Laundry/Housekeeping Leed (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 8, 2019
Housekeeping - Sweeps, scrubs, mops and polishes floors, Vacuums carpets, rugs and draperies, Shampoos carpets, rugs and upholstery, Dusts and polishes furniture and fittings, Cleans metal fixtures and fittings, Empties and cleans trash containers, Disposes of trash in a sanitary manner, Cleans wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers, Wipes down glass surfaces, Makes up beds and changes linens as required, Realigns furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout, etc.
Laundry - Sort, wash, dry, fold, put away correctly, linen inventory count, etc.
Housekeeping leed/ Occasional executive duties - Putting daily charts together, timesheets, using MOPS system, checking rooms, etc.
Cons
short breaks, little help
Very good atmosphere.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 7, 2019
Hardest part was remembering one costumer needed extras.I learned to work well with others. I really enjoyed working for Laquinta Inn.The management was great.
Sad place to be
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Working here was awful. We were expected to take responsibility for things the manager definitely should have been doing, but with no pay raise. The staff and guest are unpleasant.
Pros
full time
Cons
stress
Productive and fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Competitive, Optimistic, and Reliable
A true sample of excellent hospitality and most friendly and helpful receptionists. A lovely and great first impression of hotel.
Great manager and the best staff of all time
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJanuary 6, 2019
I managed front desk at all times 16 hours a day Monday thru Friday. Any problems such as billing I would be able to correct in a timely manner without my managers present. Made orders for our hotels necessities within my area. Helped in any department or any way I could possibly. Made meeting room reservations, helped in group reservations, helped prepare checks. Overall had the greatest customer service attitude, willing to go above and beyond.
Drama and no pay change
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Management sucks they do not work with you can never have a weekend to your self and they don't really care. There's no team work. The head housekeeper is rude never gave me my pay change or title change. Put in a lot of time and energy into this put my life on hold for the basically just to get under appreciated and over worked for 9.60 a hr when I do a lot more to just get paid 9.60.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Short breaks and don't get paid enough for what they do.
divertido
construccion (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2019
es buena empresa para crecer como trabajador y como persona
Corporate La Quinta
FDSR (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Continually disrespected by staff and management. Management had no idea what they were doing. Even though they offer sick time they will fight to avoid allowing you to take the time even when you have a VISIBLY contagious ailment as they would rather have you interact with all the guests while contagious than find a replacement for that shift. Always understaffed although they claim they aren't, if you need to call in sick they will try not to honor it because there is no one else to work the shift. You are expected to deal with dangerous, violent and aggressive customers by yourself when you are the only employee on site for the entire night. A lot of the hotels policies are not displayed on websites or explained while guest is booking so when guest arrives and learns about the policies they become irate and aggressive. The property is old and falling apart, housekeeping does less than the bare minimum ensuring that the front desk attendant will get yelled at multiple times during a shift for the disgusting state of the rooms. I would NEVER recommend working for or staying at this La Quinta.
I loved my job working for the front desk at la quinta
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working for this location great people great management great opportunities to work your way up within the company if I could go back and work for them I would.
Good Job, Not a Great Career
Night-Auditor/Manager-On-Duty (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2019
Started working for the company when I was 16 and it changed drastically between then and now. And while I enjoyed my time working there the honest truth is that I was never given an opportunity to advance to anything and I basically constantly spring-boarded my managers to a better bonus and got nothing from my hard work.
Pros
Pays fine
Cons
No advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight