La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Manager was not pleasant
AGM (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 20, 2018
Manager changed the rules to benefit himself whenever needed and I could not get the proper training I needed to advance. Co workers are very nice and take care of guest problems with care.
ok
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed what i did at this employer. I enjoyed the staff members as well as the residents there. Very clean and friendly place to have family members.
The job gave me the opportunity to grow and tuse my education. It was so fulfilling.
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Great opportunity to work for a small family owned business! Very comfortable place to work with flexible hours. When working nights I was able to bring my children to work. Learned to work in the tourism side of the Hospitality industry.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Somewhat of a language barrier
Fun place to work
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at La Quinta is running the front desk by yourself without the help from the General manager. I learned a lot about the hotel business by working here.
Pros
2 free night stays
Cons
long shifts without sitting down
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
La Quinta's culture is amazing. A great company with great people. One of the best hotel chains in America. Work here and stay here, its a win win for everyone.
not good experience
GUESS ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
no a good experience management is bad and not very human the treatment with the employes very hard working hours with poor pay and supervisor had no good ways to treat the employes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Its a friendly and peaceful work environment the co workers are helpful and easy to get along with someone is always willing to give a extra hand if you need help with something
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
No benefits no overtime
free breakfast
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
i didnt like the work too much work very stressfull mabager was rude and other employees didnt kno what team work was employees always talking about each other
Pros
learn alot about hotels
Cons
Slave work no pay
Nonproductive
Environmental Services Protection/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Anderson, scSeptember 8, 2018
There was no growth with this company, the owners didn't care about their employees. There was constant tension between the owner and employees. There were no benefits work for this company
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2018
You learn things everyday. Management is well, they are pretty lenient. They have great benefits just takes a good chunk out of your paycheck. Its a great first job.
Pros
Leniency
Cons
Healthcare is expensice
was a fun enviroment to work
Restaurant manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2018
with the LaQuinta being a business hotel I enjoyed meeting customers from all over the world and learning about their cultures, also making friends with return customers. I loved my job, making sure customers were happy and satisfiedwih their overall experience at the hotel.
Pros
discounts at any laquinta hotels
Cons
no health/dental benefits
LaQuinta Inn and Suites
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, VASeptember 6, 2018
The LaQuinta I worked at was a franchise-the owners of the franchise sold out to a new person and he went in and fired everyone at the front desk-I quit before he could fire me. I do not agree with the way the original owners handled the information to the employees. Nothing was told to them until 2 weeks before the sale went through. The new owner did not come and reassure the employees that everything would stay the same or give any information as to what was going to happen-I heard the day he took over he walked in and fired the entire front desk staff-only 1 person there did not have another job to fall back on-she should have been given a time frame as to when her job would run out-so she could find another job before she was out of a job completely.
Pros
with the original owners-family atmosphere
Great place
Bellman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoy working there awesome manager. Get to meet many people from different places. Great co workers. We get the opportunity to help others to get to their destinations.
Pros
relaxed place to work no one hounding you.
Cons
stress fast paced to help guests
Extremely Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 4, 2018
Is very nice to work in a place that has a swimming pool, specially when the discounts benefits you and family and friends to have a great time together
Productive but can be stressful
Housekeeper/ Breakfast Attendent (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 2, 2018
Overall not a bad workplace but can be stressful at times. Workers are fun to work with and easy to get along with. Pay isn’t too bad but could be better.
Pros
Get your hours for the most part
Cons
Can be stressful
Not what I expected...
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Getting up early and start cleaning. I learned how to clean stains, fold a fitted sheet, and do more than basic cleaning. Management...well, it could be a lot better. I'm scared to see how worse it could be. The hardest part of the job is the high demand for being fast and quick and basically perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job is that since it's a pet-friendly hotel, we get to see lots of pets.
Pros
Pets, Nice people
Cons
Short breaks, Bad management
Christmas Celebration
Work hand (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2018
It can be very busy especially when LAX has cancelled flights and trying to ensure all guests are taken care of after a long day traveling. It can get stressful when lack of information is being passed down from the airline, but you just have to continue to keep the guests calm.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Favoritism
Family like environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2018
Love working here, alongside the employees and manager are great and very reliable and very family based team. Hands on training and experience is awesome. Majority of your tasks are enjoyable and your engagement with guests become more familiar
Pros
Sympathetic management
Cons
No OT, benefits, Sick Hours
Lacking good management that micromanages and doesnt accept blame
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAAugust 30, 2018
Tumwater la quinta has the worst management ever. They do not know how to run a hotel. So they shouldnt try and run a bar. Micro managing is all they ate good at and stealing. So glad i do not work there anymore. The place is NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR A BAR! HIRE NEW MANAGEMENT.
No Comment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 30, 2018
Great job to have if your into hospitality and customer service, the hours are flexible and in general your left to complete your assignments without being micro managed .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight