La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Found 1,957 reviews matching the search See all 2,010 reviews
She was so rude the supervicer
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2018
Good attitudes good poster and i get a long with pepole and love working with my teammats if they need help ill help aslong as i finch my job i really need. An operturnity i need a job ASAP
Part time van driver
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time at La Quinta. Our manager was fair, however management failed to keep up proper maintenance on vehicles for transport. In my eyes, the vehicle was unsafe, but they didn't care. "Just drive it and don't worry about it". .
Stressfull place to work
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2018
kind of laid back but the culture is ok pretty much not a clean place and i enjoy working with other employees
the management was great it is mostly the customers that come in and give you a hard time
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no breaks
Great place to work at
NIGHT AUDITOR, SAFARI HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 8, 2018
Interacting with different kind of individuals with their complaints and requests was a typical day with this job. I learned that patience plays a big factor is this kind of position because you are dealing with different kinds of individuals with different personalities and attitudes. The hotel is managed well by ladies and they make you feel as comfortable as possible and are very lenient with schedules especially if you are a student. The hardest part of the job was when guests are not satisfied with their stay and you have to deal with them. The best part of this job was the other employees and the management team.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great work enviroment, the manager had time to listen to new ideas in orden to keep progressing
front desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 5, 2018
They are a great place to work . The people there are great . I wish I didn't have to work night shift . Wish the raises were a little bit more consistent
Pros
full time great people
Cons
grave yard shift and pay sometimes
Excellent advancement opportunities, where applicable.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2018
La Quinta is a great company with friendly and personable staff. When applied, one can make a positive difference in both guest interaction and personal acknowledgment.
Fun relaxed alone
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 2, 2018
Its hard work but it makes up for the time alone we get the trust we get to get our job done...its a good team we have we all help each other try not to overbear any certain person..the guest are great..
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard work not enough pay
Mildly stressful, dirty work
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDNovember 2, 2018
While the pay was decent, the job was mildly hard work, and somewhat dirty. My managers were fantastic in helping me as much as they could, very understanding. Hardest part was cleaning bathrooms or dirty linens.
Pros
Decent pay, and friendly co workers
Cons
physically can be taxing
hospitatlity
Hotel Hospitality Associate and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2018
the gm had family working there and she showed favoritism in accordance to that. her family received special treatment even when oither staff memebers earned their places
Pros
customers
Cons
management
I don't have much to say it's a great hotel very friendly staff.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2018
I love people so this job was great for me you meet new people everyday and it was never boring it is always something to do. I spent most of my time on the phone making reservations.
Competitive and fast paced environment
Executive Housekeeper/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 31, 2018
LaQuinta Inn and Suites is a good place to work, but I feel like the pay should increase and workers should get their raise with every promotions that they receives.
Great place!
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 30, 2018
The place is a great working facility, very warming and inviting. The company management was not the best and it caused many to follow the leaders. Career advancement came to those favored(Lubbock,TX)
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 29, 2018
I won’t aay that it’s a bad place to work but I will say that you have to have the energy and drive to work here it is not slack off. kind of job so if your not willing to work don’t apply
Best affordable Motel around. Easy Job to work with. Nice staff. Nice pay
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 29, 2018
Best affordable Motel around. Easy Job to work with. Nice staff. Nice pay. This place is amazing. I love it. The owners are very consistent. The staff take good care of the good guest. You will feel at home. The breakfast in the morning is so good and fresh cooked. The work out room is my favorite. I recommend this hotel for sure. Working there or renting a room
Pros
Alot of work
Cons
Good benefits
Bad management
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMOctober 29, 2018
I have worked at the La Quinta on a couple of occasions. Both of my experiences working there were under poor management and it was not a good work environment.
great clean hotel
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXOctober 29, 2018
great place to work friendly employees just very low pay for job requirements other than that loved it just not much to do when business was slow the manager now is awesome nice and very easy to work with.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
third party management
accomodating relaxed atmosphere.
Room Attendant/ Dining Attendant Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 29, 2018
In my experience as a guest, the staff was very pleasant. When problems arises the staff handles with tact and are very efficient. even in difficult situations their attitudes are highly professional.

It has also come to my attention that this business is always short staffed. There is room for improvement on that part.
Pros
complementary breakfast.
I loved the guests and co-workers
ront Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2018
I really hope this new merger will help La Quinta fix the location I worked at, Also I tried to get my job back as a rehire and instead of responding they hired someone new which. I was considered a rehire. I would love to work for technical support though.
Management company was not a good one
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 28, 2018
We always had to work short staffed and no budget. Our work doubled and staff were reduced. Our budget was cut. It was not La Quinta as this is a very good company but all came from management company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management company came in and reduced everyones pay and increased work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at La Quinta Inns & Suites.

Powered by Comparably