La Quinta Inns & Suites Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 458 reviews matching the search See all 2,245 reviews
Horrible place to work for
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2019
Worked there for 5 years never got a raise. No one took work seriously.lack of communication thru every department.supervisors never had your back.i was thrown around in every department never felt appreciated
Review
Front Desk Representative, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2019
There is no room for advancement with this company. I've been working for LaQuinta off and on since 2014, it's a easy job but it doesn't matter how much experience you have they are not fair in compensation. There are NO benefits as well. This is a pit stop job until the real thing comes along. LaQuinta offers NO livable wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very low wages, no benefits
Solid College job
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2019
Great college job with a flexible schedule. Good hospitality industry experience. Opportunity for independence, while being part of a team. Learn organizational structure and how departments support one another.
Pros
flexible schedule, experience for future career in hospitality
Cons
pay and benefits were somewhat lacking
nice work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAMay 30, 2019
you are on your feet alot. the rooms are nice and easy to clean. the people are nice and so are the owners. the pay is okay but it pays my bills so i dont mind.
Good work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMay 28, 2019
The staff was friendly and family oriented I enjoyed working there. I loved the guest and making them reservations. They worked around my schedule if I needed.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No health benefits
Work you to death with barely any days off, and under pay you
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 28, 2019
Too many rooms with bed bugs, not enough staff, give you too many rooms to clean in one day, wont pay you over time, working environment was unhealthy
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Salary
Very busy, good people, job security,
Maintenance mgr/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2019
I enjoy work there. I get to meet people from all point world management is great and and all my coworkers. Wages could be a little better. Benefits are ok.
Pros
Great work environments, fun, steady paychecks, good coworkers and management, and benefits
Cons
Better pay.
Secure and variable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 14, 2019
The best part of working here was the co-workers. I don't think all hotels are the same though. This was a job that paid a little lower than most places. The hours were varied. One day we may work 4 hours and another we may work 10-12 hours. When the housekeeping department is staffed we have better hours, however, most of the time we were short staffed and were working longer hours with fewer to no days off. This is not for someone who has a family that they want to be a part of. The co-workers are amazing and everybody worked together to get things done and helped each other out. The management wasn't very good with keeping people employed. The job security was perfect, because 80% of the time we were short-staffed and everybody was needed. Most of the day is spent in a room by yourself (which is what I liked), but there were still times when you have to help guests, public areas, or laundry.
Pros
Job Security, Insurance, Pto
Cons
Overworked, No set hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMay 10, 2019
It's really a good job to work and the people are great to work with and the staff is awesome as well. I really would recommend this corporation to anyone that's willing to work and be dedicated.
Pros
Discounts, free rooms, food
Cons
Short Breaks
Logan, Utah location
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 10, 2019
I can't speak for the rest of the La Quinta locations, but I can tell you that working for the La Quinta By Wyndham location in Logan, Utah would be one of your life's worst decisions. I worked there as houseman, front desk, breakfast, and maintenance head. While I was there I saw dozens of employees quit, two general managers quit out of frustration, and many violations of local, state, and federal codes. This location will take everything it can from you and give as little as possible in return. No benefits, no overtime. If you do go into overtime, you cannot trust their payroll department to pay you correctly.
Pros
Cheap rooms
Cons
Everything else
Pretty good for a part time job
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2019
Typical day- 5 hours or so; start at 9 or 9:30 or 10:00 depending on the time of year and day of the week
Learned- how to clean hotel rooms quickly
Management- give positive criticism when necessary and will work with you to get you better at your job
Workplace culture- generally independent work with some teamwork with others
Hardest part- when rooms are trashed it's hard to not want to quit on the spot
Most enjoyable- getting big tips every so often
Pros
Occasional tips, gain hotel housekeeping experience
Cons
401k options pretty bad, low or inconsistent hours
La quinta inn and suites
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXApril 23, 2019
Housekeeping for this company was not what i imagined. The hours were great for a single mother but the work was surprisingly intense. The shift is only 8hrs but having to run uo and down 3 flights of stairs was extremely exhausting. They're are no benefits, must work every weekend and every holiday.
Front Desk
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 20, 2019
We changed systems but were given limited time to learn it. It took a long time to get anything needed to improve rooms and quality of hotel. I worked a year and never received a raise. The job gets busy in the summer with rude tourists from Asia who push and take all the food at breakfast time to take on the road leaving other guests with none and management does nothing about it. They are set. They hire head housekeeper who is so bad all the old housekeeping staff quit. It was a great job to begin with but then it went downhill particularly when we became part of Wyndham (which was only a few months).
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 17, 2019
Terrible management expect to much for little pay you never got tips if manager stripped rooms hardly never get breaks or lunch you fall behind constant empoyee turnover manager is rude self centered no appreciation for hard work
Pros
Cons
No breaks no lunch poor management expect to much for little pay
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2019
The management is unprofessional pregitus lazy and very disrespectful to all employees it was stressful working there i was hired as front desk but you also have to be housekeeper and maintenance my hours were 3 to 11 and your the only one attending to 100 plus guest a day and it was mandatory that you clock out at 11pm no over time and the pay is not even worth it for the amount of work you do all day no breaks and no lunches
Cons
No Breaks or lunch
Love
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 9, 2019
I love my job and always friendly, have fun at the same time move fast to get my work done and help others and so much very loved by employees and I also so much love mine!!!!
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Great but not enough
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLApril 6, 2019
Sadly working for a franchise does also change things but, I definitely did not make enough to live on. But due to the way the scheduling was and is I kill myself just trying to make a living. The whole time I’ve worked here I’ve had 2 jobs. Got a 50 cent raise and moved to night audit which was a whole dollar more, but still not enough to live off.

Where I live car payments are 400, insurance for cars is around 200 a person. Rent is around 900 and god forbid you have to pay for food and credit cards. Your pay just isn’t enough unless you work as management
Pros
Overtime sometimes available, good crew usually, flexible hours to an extent.
Cons
Low pay, angry customers, and long shifts sometimes.
Depressing place to work without advancement opportunities.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2019
Have been hired as part timer, no benefits at all! Working as full timer sometimes 48 hours per week, paid with the regular wage, instead of overtime for the extra 8 hours. Not even included in my pay check because manager has forgotten to include them, while we were told do not punch in/ out for extra hours, she will adjust that! Of course she adjusted the hours at the next pay check, so it appears like regular payment! Run away from that company, unless if you’re desperate. On the top of that you have to be front desk agent, PBX, engineer, and porter at the same time and all these with $10.00 per hour! How disrespectful to their employees can be these people!
Lazy management ever!!! Do they know what they are doing? Definitely not...
Pros
Good for not ambitious people
Cons
No benefits, no overtime paid, low payment, bad management.
Great opportunity
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 3, 2019
I loved working at LaQuinta. There were an incredible amount of networking opportunities. The pay may have been low, but for my first post college job, the experience I earned made up for it.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Low pay
Great work atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 29, 2019
Great work atmosphere with regular guest and locals who frequently visit, and make work seem less like a typical day. If the opportunity for advancement or if compensation increase were available, I'd definitely stick with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at La Quinta Inns & Suites.

Powered by Comparably