Labatt Food Service Employee Reviews

feast or famine
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
Great co-workers(drivers), hard working guys….Pay doesn't match the output that management expects from drivers, New drivers move up faster than senior drivers do.
Pros
weekends off/affordable benefits
Cons
pays not great
If you have a family and kids in school, this job is not for you!
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2018
If you have a family and young children, then this job might not be for you. Very long hours, very fast paced job. Supervisor aren’t that understanding.
easy job for beginners
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2018
dock running at labatt is a great way to get started in warehousing. run the pallets to the right isles all day and youre done. you can get offered to order select at night for more hours and opportunities.
Great Company Highly stressful
Procurement Specialist/Buyer (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 25, 2018
Loved my team but other teams can be very self centered and make it difficult to do my job. I wish we had better benefits especially vacation time. 5 days is nothing to work with at all.
not a productive workplace/enviroment
Night Expediter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
a lot of employees do not show up to work. Workplace culture is very different. Hardest part about the job is people not showing up, so that requires you doing even more work.
Good place to Get some experience.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
It’s a job to get you some driving experience under your license. The pay sucks and management is poor. They work you like a slave. Get some experience and get out. Is not worth the headaches. They are always short on drivers which makes it tough on the drivers.
Pros
Benefits, home time, weekends off
Cons
Little pay too much work.
No room for growth
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Nepotism is key at this place. Most of the other employees will receive the same 3% bonus every year. They also do not offer any vacation days during your first year.
Unless you're in a jam, find another job.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
I was hired as a night selector and was using this job as a second source to pay off student loans. The job concept is very remedial. You get a list of products at 5pm, hop on your motorized tugger, hook up a flatbed, and grab your products from the warehouse. Repeat all night long until they say it's over, which can result in very long nights most of the time. The major knock on that is you get base pay so no overtime. Most nights will go way past 8 hours. The job doesn't require you to talk to anyone so most people at work will stay to themselves. I'm used to greeting people, and that was not the case at Labatt. They want everyone to work super fast, but everyone is using forklifts, tuggers, etc. That's definitely not a safe atmosphere is you ask me. I almost got hit a few times, simply because everyone is speeding in the warehouse while coming around corners, looking at shelves instead of whats in front of them, etc. Human Resources, specifically at the Houston location is laughable, I'm just going to be honest. It's completely unprofessional, and inexperienced. My day job's management and HR is leaps and bounds over Labatt's. I guess since they have a high turnover, they just don't really care for the employees that much. I've been at my day job for 10 years and will most likely stay another 10 years because that's what employees do when they work for great companies. I would only recommend this job to someone who really needs a job super fast, otherwise I would pass on this one.
Warehouse training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work. There was opportunity for advancement. All shifts cared about their work. All shifts were able to meet job goals. Head quarters provided continuing education in management
Pros
Lunch hour Great people
Cons
Had to leave
Pays well, inexperienced management, poorly taken care of facility
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2017
pays well
Unfairness and uncertainty about young management running the company.
Not competitive or on trend with other company incentives.
Vacation and Holidays (limits family time)
Pros
pay
Cons
young management, chaotic atmosphere(unorganized)
could be better
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2017
grateful but there was not any opportunity for advancement. Growth is very limited, managers could improve communication skills this would cut down on turnover.
Pros
discounts and stability
Cons
no advancement oppoturnities
Its a okay place
day receiving (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
Houston Labatt is a good place to work for
The management here is poor, (operations, Supervisor & lead )
All change up ideas & noting really works for any improvement
If you call in they give u have time & question you so much
Management (Supervisor) has poor communication skills , really rude
in the past both night & morning supervisor have been accused with harassment. Management likes to hide behind windows to watch their employees, Most of all good working people leave.

Not all employees here have the proper skills & knowledge for a promotion or position to grow with the company.
Pros
40 hrs mornigs & 12-13 hr nigths
Cons
harrasment to all workers
No Vacation
National Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
The hardest part of working there is the lack of vacation. The first yeat you only have 5 paid holidays off and no vacation. You only receive vacation after a full year.
Pros
No Overtime
Cons
Lack of Training and poor management
It's not an ideal place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Most posistions are pool pay based with a daily amount per day included, overtime is paid at only a per diem rate. Management really don't care about the problems on the floor, they just want the job done and you ain't going home until it is done. Some managers have a rotten attitude, you feel as though you can never do the right thing. The warehouse is so old and decrepit and the systems to help you scan items is forever freezing and breaking down. Seen so many good people just get up and leave, the staff turnover is very high, and when that happens it's the remaining staff that get it worse.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor management, useless systems.
Good working place
Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
That was my first warehouse job. I learn a lot from there. Learn how to pick and pull, learn how to use all the forklift machines. Good experience job.
You never when you will leave but everyday was a different day.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2017
You never when you will leave but everyday was a different day. Competitive, loud and fast paced work environment. Pay was good but the work hours weren't all that great.
fellow drivers are helpful and freindly
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2017
Job is good for someone young but will take its toll on your body, mainly your knees and ankles. Most of the management is great. pushing a two wheeler up and down ramp gets old fast.
Pros
fellow drivers
Cons
use of two wheeler and going up and down ramp
Stay away
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
impossible time windows. Fear based culture. Act like it's the best company ever. Maxed out trailers. Treat you like your stealing from them. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else, management, employee relations
It's a fun and safe place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 28, 2017
At Labbat foods I enjoyed working there because all the people do what they supposed to, our supervisor would never tell us something unless we didn't do our job. The paid was good, our coworkers where awesome just like our bosses and we didn't had to kill our selves to get to job done because I was an easy environment to work in that it made everything there easy.
Order picker.
ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
A typical night would consist of order selecting dry and frozen food from warehouse and freezer and shipping to trucks for next day delivery. I learned to work in cooler temperatures for the first time in the freezer. Management gives routes and shipping orders according to work orders. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to cooler temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job was busy nights and fast finishes.
Pros
Nice coworkers. Very helpful.
Cons
No overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labatt Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight