Labatt Food Service

Labatt Food Service insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Long night hours

There isn’t a set schedule for the night crew. You could leave at 9 pm or 6 am. The work is quite repetitive and gets old very quickly. Weekly pay was nice and being able to see what you’re getting paid a couple days in advance helped with budgeting.

Pros

Weekly pay. Overtime. No customer interaction.

Cons

Night shift. Long hours.

It’s a good job for someone young and trying to get their CDL

Hard work the pay I feel was okay but drivers should make more because of the physical labor with unloading all those boxes and cans and big rice bags.

Pros

Off weekends

Cons

Unloading everyday with a dolly

People quit and get hire 24/7

Houston we got a problem, their is a reason they have the sign for hiring all year around. Hard work for a little pay. I can make more money and be happy working at chick fill a. They don't pay the right overtime to the driver helpers. The schedule work is all over the place.You just working hard for a little pay so your bosses can buy a new car every year.

Pros

If you like a hard work for a little pay, this is your place

Cons

Hard work for little pay

Not for everyone

Jobs not for everyone, obviously. Demands a lot from you; mentally this job is tiring due to the frustrations you encounters with customers, other vendors, supervisors, and anyone else that you cause the smallest inconvenience to. Also demands a lot from you physically, you’ve got to really move in order to hit ur time frames because if not, a 9hr work day will turn into a 14hr work day. I’d say if you’re not a very patient and enduring type of person then you probably won’t last very long here.

Pros

pay is alright, good benefits, off weekends

Cons

currently they’re sending guys to help other divisions (dallas, houston)

Good pay and benefits

Pay, benefits and equipment are pretty good but has its bad days like anywhere else. Good job if you’re willing to work hard and travel out of town to help other divisions who are short handed.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Was a okay place to work at first

Dealt with a co worker who wouldn’t do their job. Had to always do mine and that persons job. Management would let this co worker do whatever. Workplace was like walking on eggshells and no opportunity for advancement along with low wages. Don’t waste your time at this place of employment.

Pros

Free thanksgiving turkey and truck roadeo

Cons

Low pay wages, low pay raises, no opportunity to advance.

Home of the Best

I love my job. I love my co-workers. We work together to provide the best service for our customers. The company kept everyone employed during covid, unlike most of our competitors.

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, matching 401K, awesome co-workers, opportunities for advancement, quarterly volunteer events, the feeing that I’m making a difference

Cons

We sell quality so we like to look the part. If you want to dress casually for work, this is not the job for you.

Great company that rewards hard work

This company has provides great job stability and has been growing every year. It offers a lot of growth potential for self motivated people who work hard and efficiently.

Pros

Environment

Horrible company stay away!!!

If your looking for a free cdl And Pay while doing so then apply but leave right after you get your cdl!!! Company will work you like crazy horrible!

Pros

Cons

Work you like crazy for min wage!!! Stay away

Growing, family-oriented company

Labatt didn’t have any layoffs during the pandemic. Sales dropped, but our owner chose to weather the storm and now we are growing rapidly. Great co-workers. The company promotes from within whether blue collar or white collar. Labatt writes its own software and is always looking to innovate.

Pros

Free On-site clinic in San Antonio!

Cons

The national labor shortage means longer hours, but hopefully people start working again soon!

Fun and good co workers

The employees are very fun to work with. Family oriented company. They made me very welcome . I was offered a promotion after a month but turned it down due to it didn't fit the schedule I wanted. Plenty of room to grow. Pay isn't great but you get paid weekly. You do have to pay for u uniforms but they spread pay out between your checks from anywhere between 1 and 24 checks so it isn't as bad on your pocket. People have 5 to 30+ years working here because it is a good company. The CEO is down to earth and is humble; I've seen him offer people rides to their cars do they don't walk. He also allows employees to utilize a free doctor onsite as well as purchase product at a discount. Definitely look forward to staying here awhile.

Pros

Free doctor, company pays half of your health insurance, discount products, internal promotion, free lemonade in break room

Cons

Low pay

Run! Do not apply! Im serious this is a terrible place to work!

This is a TERRIBLE job. Don’t work here unless you want to get the free cdl after that quit. There is a reason they have a “HIRING” sign up 365 days out of the year. They don’t treat drivers right and for that they are ALWAYS understaffed. Management does not know what they are doing and that’s why the turnover rate is the highest in the city.

Pros

Clocking out for the day.

Cons

Wow there is waaaay to many.

Place sucks underpaid

Underpaid you are not paid by the hour. Pay is based on pool pay. The amount of product that comes in and small base pay. Checks where small for amount of work they make you do. Wouldn’t’ recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Pay is little

Bad place to work.

Moved to a new terminal and was thrown out on the route the next day without proper training, New route every week. Worked 15 hour days most of the time .

Pros

Off weekends and home everyday

Cons

Prepare to work 15hr days and sleep only 4 hrs

#1 Fortune 500 warehouse company!!!

The best company to work for in food distribution. Tons of family time, 4 weeks vacation, higher than industry pay, as clean as a warehouse can be. Barely any work. 401k on the first day and bonuses every few months. Raises are like HUGE!!! A great replace to retire.

Scam

You get paid by the day. Not by the hour, minimum 225 a day for drivers, if you come here to get your cdl it isn’t worth it. Place is crazy. You sit down in the break room instead of doing something productive to get your license. People quit all day everyday. They look for under qualified people so they don’t have to pay. Make other people feel important just so they can stay.

Pros

You get to sit in the break room like you used to do in school.

Cons

Get laughed at because you think you’re driver when you ain’t shish

Horrible management

Don’t work at labatt they will screw your over it’s a waste of your cdl .. the management looks for ways to fire you any chance they get employees are treated like trash

Always Looking for drivers

Isn’t it amazing how often you see these guys hiring for drivers? Why do you ask are they always hiring? Because drivers aren’t happy here at all- if you constantly see this ad for drivers that means the company sucks! As a driver you want a schedule that meets your needs and to be compensated properly for your time. Don’t give 100% and get 0% back! Keep looking elsewhere!

Pros

Cons

Plenty

Growing company that promotes from within

Since i started here, I've been promoted twice and almost doubled my income. I started in an entry level warehouse position and am now a member of management. One of my close friends that also works here started in sanitation and he too is now a member of management in the warehouse. If you're competent and willing to work, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Pros

Fast Promotions, Career growth, Job Safety.

Cons

It's a lot of work.

Smart analysts/developers and management is receptive to innovative/novel ideas

I can really only speak from an analysts perspective. There are a lot of smart analysts/developers, and Labatt values these employees the most (probably a little less than sales reps). As an analyst you will work with large datasets and comfortable with SQL fast. Management is open to novel business solutions and they allow to explore those solutions when you are tasked with solving a problem. At the time, 2017, machine learning was coming into fruition but they were extremely receptive to these types of solutions.

Pros

Value engineers/analysts/developers

Cons

Not your start-up culture vibe. More traditional. White shirt and tie to work kinda environment.

Corp. Management needs to be more involved

The only positive about being there so long was my opportunity to get a degree. When I mentioned that I had finished school the branch manager told me, "many doors have opened for you, but not at this office". It doesn't matter how well you work for the Valley office or how dedicated and loyal you are, Labatt will not rehire in this area. They may just rehire a good employee, just to prove me wrong.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labatt Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight