Labatt Food Service

Labatt Food Service insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Not for everyone

Jobs not for everyone, obviously. Demands a lot from you; mentally this job is tiring due to the frustrations you encounters with customers, other vendors, supervisors, and anyone else that you cause the smallest inconvenience to. Also demands a lot from you physically, you’ve got to really move in order to hit ur time frames because if not, a 9hr work day will turn into a 14hr work day. I’d say if you’re not a very patient and enduring type of person then you probably won’t last very long here.

Pros

pay is alright, good benefits, off weekends

Cons

currently they’re sending guys to help other divisions (dallas, houston)

People quit and get hire 24/7

Houston we got a problem, their is a reason they have the sign for hiring all year around. Hard work for a little pay. I can make more money and be happy working at chick fill a. They don't pay the right overtime to the driver helpers. The schedule work is all over the place.You just working hard for a little pay so your bosses can buy a new car every year.

Pros

If you like a hard work for a little pay, this is your place

Cons

Hard work for little pay

Good pay and benefits

Pay, benefits and equipment are pretty good but has its bad days like anywhere else. Good job if you’re willing to work hard and travel out of town to help other divisions who are short handed.

Was a okay place to work at first

Dealt with a co worker who wouldn’t do their job. Had to always do mine and that persons job. Management would let this co worker do whatever. Workplace was like walking on eggshells and no opportunity for advancement along with low wages. Don’t waste your time at this place of employment.

Pros

Free thanksgiving turkey and truck roadeo

Cons

Low pay wages, low pay raises, no opportunity to advance.

Home of the Best

I love my job. I love my co-workers. We work together to provide the best service for our customers. The company kept everyone employed during covid, unlike most of our competitors.

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, matching 401K, awesome co-workers, opportunities for advancement, quarterly volunteer events, the feeing that I’m making a difference

Cons

We sell quality so we like to look the part. If you want to dress casually for work, this is not the job for you.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Horrible company stay away!!!

If your looking for a free cdl And Pay while doing so then apply but leave right after you get your cdl!!! Company will work you like crazy horrible!

Pros

Cons

Work you like crazy for min wage!!! Stay away

Fun and good co workers

The employees are very fun to work with. Family oriented company. They made me very welcome . I was offered a promotion after a month but turned it down due to it didn't fit the schedule I wanted. Plenty of room to grow. Pay isn't great but you get paid weekly. You do have to pay for u uniforms but they spread pay out between your checks from anywhere between 1 and 24 checks so it isn't as bad on your pocket. People have 5 to 30+ years working here because it is a good company. The CEO is down to earth and is humble; I've seen him offer people rides to their cars do they don't walk. He also allows employees to utilize a free doctor onsite as well as purchase product at a discount. Definitely look forward to staying here awhile.

Pros

Free doctor, company pays half of your health insurance, discount products, internal promotion, free lemonade in break room

Cons

Low pay

Place sucks underpaid

Underpaid you are not paid by the hour. Pay is based on pool pay. The amount of product that comes in and small base pay. Checks where small for amount of work they make you do. Wouldn’t’ recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Pay is little

#1 Fortune 500 warehouse company!!!

The best company to work for in food distribution. Tons of family time, 4 weeks vacation, higher than industry pay, as clean as a warehouse can be. Barely any work. 401k on the first day and bonuses every few months. Raises are like HUGE!!! A great replace to retire.

Management is a joke.

Its a decent place to get your CDL. Management is by far the worst I ever worked under. Their routing is a joke they rather make you wait 30mins to an hour to deliver a couple cases. When you can go deliver another stop an come back. You'll drive by some of your stops to just drive right back to them. They'll take money out your check if a product wasn't loaded on your truck or was loaded damaged. They'll tell you take pictures an they will try to get it off but more than likely it will stay with you. They promise you a bonuse but it takes over a year to even get your first safety bonus. So if you come in with your cdl you'll get it after a year from your start date an if you come in as a student or helper an get your cdl then you'll more than likely work 2 years to even get your bonus depending on when they release you. Make sure you have proof If they allow you to skip a stop because they will write you up an tell you they didn't say that. They will also suspend you if you leave earlier than you should. If trailer goes down before you leave for the route you will have to unload it an reload it into another trailer an still have to deliver it with no help. The loaders will also load your trailers awful might have to drive with your dollie inside the truck with you because how full the trailer is or how awful they stacked it. Be prepared for a pallet test when they hire you which is 3 pallets 1 of 50lb bags of bean a pallet of Cans an a pallet of mustard packets which you have to down stack a pallet an restack it on another.

Pros

Cons

management, routing, benefits

Bad environment and management

When you are hired they should explain that they will hire you for a specific department but you will also have to do extra work in other departments for the same salary because they do not pay per hour and there are no bonuses or acknowledgements, in conclusion you waste your time working here.

Pros

Cons

Management is disgusting

Stay away

Company doesn't care about its drivers. They will do anything to take away your bonuses. You have to pay for all your work equipment including your uniform.

Pros

Home daily

Cons

No appreciation

Fast paced work

Long hours but can make some good money. They get alot of work out of you. Not much time for anything else outside of work. Good place to stack up some money and go.

Pros

Hrs

Cons

Timw away from family

The pay

everyone here works as a team and makes the job easier, if you are looking for career growth you wont find them here but the pay is good. i feel like more pay could be given for the work done but other than that everything else is good

Pros

lots of hrs

Cons

good pay

Fair place to work and start a CDL career

Labatt has been a good place to get my CDL. They pay you to get it which is really great. The work is manually unloading 600-1200 cases per day with 10 - 20 stops. I feel secure that I will always have a job here. They have never had a layoff. They always have new trucks which is nice, and they are auto. Management lacks communication in certain areas but most of the guys I work with have been super helpful towards me. Days start between 3am and 5am, and you finish when you finish. I typically have 8-11 hour work days. It's great for somebody who can get up early. The insurance is fantastic and you get the weekends off. Vacation is quiet weak, as you only get 5 days after your first year, 10 after your second, and don't get a third week vacation until after your 10th year. Your uniforms and dolly are free as long as you stay for a year. Only downfall is Ive been told by management that certain things would happen and they have failed to do so.

Pros

Weekends off, Free CDL training, Insurance

Cons

Communication, Okay pay, Vacation

If you want money you better become a suck up.

Environment was chill. Fun people to work with however if you want to make any money selecting here, you better be a suck up. One guy will get all the easy good bactches while you suffer for the hard ones. You'll do 2x more work than the guys who get the easy batches saved for them but get paid way less. Pay isn't good honestly. Nothing compared to sysco or US foods. Had to leave mainly for that purpose and made the switch to sysco where you get the pay you deserve.

Pros

Short nights

Cons

Bad pay, management

low pay for hard work

We do tough work for what feels like little pay, breaking down cases that can reach over 120 lbs. Emptying trucks of their contents and running them into the freezer or dry isles. I haven’t had any problems with co workers and management for the most part is helpful and willing to talk to you about moving up. Pay is just too low for the amount of work.

Pros

Good management, good benefits.

Cons

Bad pay, hard work.

good pay

The compensation here is very good, however, the departments may vary in terms of management and how employees are treated. When I was there, I was treated very well.

Great benefits

This company has great benefits along with managers who are easy to work for and who are very understanding along with cooperative coworkers who are very helpful

STOP, It's a trap

Back-stabbing culture with little structure. The entire focus at Labatt is on attaining new business. It seems great at first...until you start noticing how every big account drops Labatt for another competitor. There is little to no accountability on people when they are disrespectful to coworkers, or make a HUGE mistake. Favoritism is a biggie - if you fit in their mold, you can get away with showing up 2 hours late to work, and will get paid the same as those who show up on time. NO PTO your first year of employment, 5 PTO days during Year 1 to 2. 5 Sick Days, 5 Paid Holidays, 2 weeks paid Maternity, No 401k until after your 1st year. My best advice, don't make the mistake I did. Go to another company that values you as a human. If you are still questioning all of this, ask about employee turnover in your interview.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Compensation & Benefits, Toxic Work Culture, No Accountability to Sales Reps or Top Management

If you want to

It’s not a bad company, it’s underpaid and the overtime isn’t paid the way it should be but if you’re looking for experience in some equipment this is the place to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labatt Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight