LabCorp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,869 reviews matching the search See all 2,878 reviews
phletomy/ots/order entry
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 20, 2018
phlebotomy,customer services, drug screening, DNA testing,
great work place... would love the chance for an higher position, my most enjoyable part of the job is meeting prople and taking care of their need.
Pros
educational
Cons
promotions
Management out of touch with employees
Sr. IT Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 20, 2018
Management is unaware of the typical timeframe it takes to complete a product. Unrealisic or unknown expectations placed upon employees. Lack of unified vision.
nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 19, 2018
This is a very good place of employment if you like working in a cubicle, a lot of data entry, not much one on one with the public. depending on which department you are in. Plenty of room to climb the ladder
Good
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2018
Get an hour break for lunch, my blood work is tested free of cost. I do work in a less busier area, but i dont mind working in faster paced enviroment
Phlebotomist/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 17, 2018
I typical day at work was as a normal job something busy and other day no to much, I kern something new everyday the manager was allways taking care of anything that I needed. I had every type of patient, i thing that hardest part or my job was wen i gad busy because I was by me self and sometime it was to busy for one person buy the best part for me was wen I get does people that there were so sweet and nice with me usually old patient that use to make my day.
Pros
long break and nice patient
Cons
to busy for one person.
Micro Managed and Low Pay
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 17, 2018
Easy job duties & free car to take home that's the only positive subject I can think for this place. If you don't like your manager abusing his authority as well harassing you, unfair treatment , nit picking on every move you make, working late hrs & weekends, low pay rate and not too mentions some employees there are fake, if all this doesn't look good in your view then this ain't the place for you, you've been warned.
Pros
Free car, Easy work
Cons
Manager has a power trip problem and harasses you, low pay and long hrs
Flexible schedule
Administrative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2018
I love the all the benefits they offer from 401k to vacation time off and flexibility schedule of time off.
The opportunity to advance within the company and the assistant/training provided to meet the requirements to advance.
Very busy productive business
Phlebotomy Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 16, 2018
Lab Corp was my most favorite job ever. I loved the people. I loved my co workers. I felt I was good at my job so it made me want to always do my best. In the 14 1/2 years I was there I was out sick one time for my gallbladder removal. Couldn't be helped. My site was a very busy place. At 1st my coworker and I would do 100 to 115 patients a day. New sites opened and we were at 50 to 60 day. High energy.
Pros
Loved people. Never sat down. Was my Healthiest.
Cons
No lunch quite often.
Fast paced, high stress job, good coworkers
Specimen Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMay 16, 2018
A typical day is that you hit the ground running when you get to work. There is a lot to do, and the department is usually under staffed. Aside from that, the employees are all very friendly and helpful. Everyone works together and there is always laughter. The management helps as much as they are able. The hours are difficult, only 2nd shift is available. Usually the workers stay until at least 1am.
Pros
Benefits, fun work environment
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload
Good place to start out
EDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLeansville, NCMay 16, 2018
It’s a pretty good company to work for, but of course it also depends on your management. Nothing is uniform. For some teams, they’re able to use flex time, but others who have the same role but work under someone else can’t flex at all. I gained a lot of experience here and met some great people along the way, but now the company is trying to force certain things on everyone that of course DO NOT work for everyone. Your experience here will be dependent on who you work for and it’s certainly hit or miss.
Benefits
Cons

Want to know more about LabCorp?

Ask a question
An okay place to work on
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
Only has night shifts. Lots of over time. Pay is okay but they can do better. Management is okay. Employees are very nice. Met a lot of great people. Overall Labcorp is a good company to work on.
Patient Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 15, 2018
They lack management skills, there was too much favoritism in that work place. They over work their employees, sometimes we would be short handed and they would refuse to help us get help from other locations.
Busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 15, 2018
You have to know your craft. Be confident. Be familiar with the companies procedures..it will be a eye opener if you do. Pick your battles. Trust few folks. Observe. Be mindful of the gossip you will be subjected to. Dont disclose any personal business.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Not enough qualified staff
Productive very much, fun no very stressed
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 14, 2018
I worked my self to a high stress point to tears, and to get nothing or help from anyone. I was so stressed by the end of the day I hated thinking I would be there the next day. I alone had up to 60 patients, although I love what I do, but the stress and the angry patients thinking it was just them. Patients would be very discourtious and we would just sit a take all there abuse.
A big company has bigger benefits
Phlebotomist and Lab Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2018
Working for a large corporation has its perks. The systems used to process specimens are streamline. Its great and makes it really easy to service your patients quickly, and process specimens correctly. Management is decent. I began my career with Labcorp in Florida, and was able to get transferred to Texas. They were kind enough to make an exception for me, since I had not worked there for a year before transferring. You get a bonus quarterly (4 a year) based on your team collecting credit cards from patients, servicing patients in a timely manner, (we try for a less than 30 minute wait time) and getting survey cards from patients, etc. Your bonus usually ends up being anywhere from $350-$450 depending on how well your work location did for that quarter. It is taxed when added to your paycheck, but hey its free money so who cares. Labcorp has other great perks such as an awesome 401K, free lab work, fitness reimbursement programs, discounts on a ton of services and necessities (phone bills, rental cars, hotels, etc). Overall, sometimes you feel distant from management because the company is so large. But if you are looking for a place with great perks, this is the place for you. I will include that in Florida and Texas, both locations were under-staffed for long periods of time. Phlebotomy jobs tend to have a high turn over rate, but it does add to your stress level. Besides performing blood work, you are expected to perform urine drug screens, paternity tests, biometrics testing, and hair testing. You will likely do a lot of drug screens. The job is high stress and demanding,  more... but if you can handle it, the compensation is worth it.  less
Slow advancement combined with inept management
Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 14, 2018
Do not expect any sort of promotion or advancement based on merit. At this location, only those who are willing to remain in their current position for far longer than necessary will be considered for the few available positions. Your coworkers do not care about their work, the management doesn't care, and you will be encouraged to not care either.
Labcorp
Microbiologist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elon, NCMay 14, 2018
The work is very easy, but my shift (3rd) gets a heavy work load. There is plenty of overtime which I don't mind. The only downfall is management is terrible. I have been at Labcorp for 7 years so I know how to do everything in my department. Upper management want discipline employees that don't meet standards but they expect their experienced employees like me, to always pickup the slack and take heavy loads of the work. I feel like they don't value the good employees. We all get about the same raises which I don't think is fair. I can't speak for every department at Labcorp, but it seems like all supervisors there follow the same suit.
Pros
Good healthcare with decent pay
not a place for career advancement
Temp (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
my overall experience was that, there wasn't a very diverse atmosphere. Also the fact that you cant leave at the end of your shift, on time is not appealing to me
Pros
Cons
no cafeteria, no hour break, no diversity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2018
Works with employees in setting mutual goals.
Makes an effort to counsel employees and document performance (both positive and negative) throughout the year.
Maintains a supervisor file that contains documentation of performance on each subordinate throughout the year.
Has had no unrated Performance Planning and Review's or untimely planning sessions in this rating year. Always completes PPR's well within the 60 day deadline date. Also proactive in performance evaluations. Has an open door policy for all subordinates.
labcorp
Patient Service Technician (Float) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
As a whole the company is good. Management needs a lot of work. As of now I am looking for other job opportunities as I have a poor supervisor. If I had a better supervisor I would stay with the company.