LabCorp Employee Reviews

very fulfilling career
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 19, 2018
I enjoy workig inn the medical field and I also enjoy interacting with the patients. I also liike hveing the benefits my job offers. I am glad I have had the ability to work at other offices also.
Interesting and Different
Medical Data Entry (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2018
It is very different from most careers, that is to say the least. Although it is production-based- your fellow associates will help if ever you may need.
i am enjoying working here
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 18, 2018
its just been few days I started working here. this place has very cool and determined employees here. they explain everything so well. its a friendly place to work as well as learn many things.
n/as
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJAugust 17, 2018
working at night has its perks , its fast paced, stressful i dont really have much to say the managers are helpful, may have attitudes at times , but who doesnt.. co workers are bombed i really dont know wat else to say
Most employees were great to work with.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 15, 2018
Very fast paced, don't make mistakes, management was great until people retired and new people came in changing everything. The hardest part is the company doing "whatever" to make the client happy.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Spoiled doctors
Benefits
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryland, VAAugust 15, 2018
Decent benefits,Promotions are on who you know if any or who likes you. Salaries are not based on productivity or knowledge. Management needs a change.
benefits
Cons
short lunch, room to grow is nonexistant
Advancement to a point
Evening Logistics Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
While I'm a valued employee, I cannot get a transfer to another location. This is because my supervisor's manager wants to keep me here.
Overall, Labcorp is like any other large company with good employees and a few bad ones.
It is important to understand that we're handling important specimens, and we must adhere to proper care in getting them into the lab. That is what we constantly preach to our employees.
Busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2018
LabCorp is a busy company. I learned a lot about patient information ICD9 codes and how to relate to a patients needs. The most enjoyable part was the connection and relationship you build with the patients and their family.
Great Job
Patient Service Technician Specialist (PSTS) (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KY 42001August 14, 2018
Good place to work awesome people good benefits. Love traveling to all the different places and learning new things. overall I have no complaints about working here
Great Company!
Patient Service Tech (Phlebotomist) Floater (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working for this company! great pay and they have reimbursement programs. I am a float and i enjoy working for his company very much. my supervisor is very understanding.
Pros
Cons
Insurance is too pricey
Great company to work for!
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Great company to work for and to be a part of a amazing team. Flexible work schedule and superb management all around. They give you the tools to succeed.
n/a
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
great company for learning and to get experience and great hours for the following employee's that have children who go to school. With management with placement as far as assignments versus a clients office and a PST its mostly based off favoritism which is the worst part.
Horrendous
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
I work too many hours everyday, the pay check was nice but when I finally got sick they were giving me a hard time to go to the ER. Which makes them inhuman and selfish.
Medical Billing Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJAugust 11, 2018
Communicated with various payers and or clients via telephone to verify coverage processing the paperwork necessary to invoice accounts. Corrected and updatedunbillable claims in an effort to receive appropriate reimbursement from various payers.
Learning Experience / Fun Environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 11, 2018
I would recommend labcoro to anyone that's a phlebotomist especially just out of school, I think the basic knowledge of the job will take a person pretty far with the understanding and comprehension needed for blood drawing.
Pros
3 Mo Incentives
Cons
Requested Time Off
Great workplace with great people
PST Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 10, 2018
I loved my position at LabCorp. Management was great! Very supportive and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people from different cultures. I had a different but memorable experience with just about every patient that I met. I was sometimes just someone to listen to them, comfort them but overall help them. The hardest part of my job was not being able to please all my patients. I always feel like everyone I come across should leave knowing that they had a great experience. I had to learn that you can't make everyone happy but you can always do your best and know that their greatest experience was the one with you.
Pros
free lunch just about everyday, flexible scheduling, and quarterly bonuses
Cons
no break sometimes
Fair
Phlebotomist/Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Succasunna, NJAugust 9, 2018
Chance for going further. Balance and equal opportunity. Nice benefit. Hapy to be working for labcorp. Can't say better things about labcorp. Being happy is key
Opportunity to learn skills
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 9, 2018
It was the best time of my life working as a student at Lab Corp.The management and the staff were mission oriented to provide the best care and facility to the patients and along with that training the students.
I developed the best skills in doing venipuncture, record keeping skills, medical team work attention to details and accuracy. The staff was the best in teaching and guiding. The most important part was the patient care and being humble and kind. I am thankful to Lab Corp.
Pros
Friendly environment, Time Management, Dutifulness, Patient care
Fun place to work
Document imaging tech (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 9, 2018
They give you various hours that sometime conflict with your next shift. But the guarantee for overtime and great benefits are available. They have fun activities certain months for employees to participate in.
Pros
Fun activities, independent work
Cons
10-16 hour shifts standing or sitting, no assistance when needed
Sr. Customer Service Representative. 8/2006-5/2018
Sr. Customer Service rep. (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 9, 2018
Labcorp does not treat or seem to care about employee well being. At my site upper management told us there is no advancement opportunities in the state I lived in and should move if one was seeking such. They have you doing the jobs of 5 or 6 other departments all under the guise of customer service which you are not compensated for at all. All time off is bundled into one package givenn at the beginning of the year but call outs roll on a calender year. All in all its too much work with no compensation or coxnsideration.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight