LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 3,879 reviews matching the search See all 3,892 reviews
I love working here
Certified phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJMarch 23, 2019
Good place to work at but take a lot of time out of your personal life because you constantly there worked 6 days a week but I definatly enjoy working there.
Nice to work for
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMarch 23, 2019
When relocating the company do transfer you to the state your moving to . So you lose your time with the company. And it's hard to get rehired. That's not good
Pros
There flexible
Cons
No free lunches
very busy
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 22, 2019
Love working with people. work in different client offices. Always trying to make my patients feel very comfortable before and after I draw there blood. Assuring the patient that I'm very skilled in what I do.
Happily
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDMarch 22, 2019
I really enjoy my job, I don't think that Labcorp pays me my worth but my love for the job I stay. My teams are awesome our patients are remarkably friendly patient and happy.
Great benefits
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2019
Very difficult to get approval for proposals and pricing. I learned a ton about selling clinical testing, only for management to realize that it was best for me to concentrate on the drug testing services offered.
Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 21, 2019
friendly people and management. good place to work in.
very convenient and safe. clean and a canteen is available.
free coffee and hot coco. lockers and gloves and other safety materials are available.
Great Place to work, compensation was not consistent with my skill
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 20, 2019
I loved working for LabCorp and would welcome the opportunity to work for them again. I am currently at a compensation level I am comfortable with, but would consider going back to work for Lab Corp if compensation were matched.
Poor communication
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
I appreciate Labcorp granting me the opportunity. But as I entered their PSC on 98th first day I seen claws out. This is a very small site and the tension grows quickly if and when its slow. Management need to be supportive to their staff and not fire everyone on any given opportunity. They expect PERFECT PEOPLE HONESTLY. NO MISTAKES ARE FORGIVEN.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
They will fire you for speaking up.
Stressful work environment
Specimen Accessioning-Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2019
Favoritism within the department. Gossip is among managers and those of position. Decisions are made for personal reasons.Employees are not respected.
Pros
401k and stock options
Cons
Work environment, short or no breaks, poor management
Good Place to Start
Genomics Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 20, 2019
This was my first job out of college, and it's fairly average. The position is extremely seasonal in terms of workload, and that's my main source of dislike for this job.

Want to know more about LabCorp?

Ask a question
Too many work days, UNDERSTAFFED, NOT enough personal LIFE, low PAY
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 19, 2019
I work 6 days a week. It’s hard to manage your personal life as well as taking time for your own health when you’re working six days a week. The company needs to hire more staff in order to alleviate the stress with its techs in patient service centers. It’s impossible to really put a smile on your face when you feel overworked and under paid. A lot of the PST’s are sick or have medical issues. How can you take time to take care of yourself when you’re always at work. If you need off you have to use your personal time. If your hire contract states you’re off on Saturday’s; you’re still scheduled to work on Saturdays! Getting paid under $18 an hour for the amount of work that is required is a bit absurd! You are doing bloodwork, drug testing, paternity testing, speaking to healthcare professionals about patient scripts for 8 hrs a day, Dealing with a lot of arrogant people who walk into those doors, some patients pick fights, Hit, throw objects at staff & getting paid under $18.00 per hr while working 6 days a week! Yet we’re to smile and hope a complaint is not made because management tends to believe the patients story instead of its staff! Labcorp would getting better quality workers if they treated their employees ( the ones that literally do the dirty work) w/ quality instead of making us feel like “ just a number”... all the other “ important” Labcorp employees don’t have to deal with this. They work their perfect M-F 9-5 schedule with a nice paycheck to follow.
Pros
Experience, Incentives Every 3 months
Cons
HOURLY Pay, Expensive Health benefits, Management
Company ok to work for(Poor Management)
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2019
Poor Management and very lagging. Management and coworkers hangout/party together. Management discuss employees personal business in front of other employees. Management give better raises to the one they favor. Both Professional/unprofessional.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No advancement
Fast-paced environment, good employees, great benefits. Attention to detail a MUST. Sometimes very stressful.
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 18, 2019
Great company to work for. Excellent typing skills are a great advantage. I enjoyed most of my coworkers and the work, while repetitive, makes the day fly by.
Pros
Free catered holiday dinners, birthday cakes, holiday parties on site are a blast.
Cons
Handling messy medical specimens.
Labcorp never again
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLMarch 18, 2019
Labcorp does not seem to care about the lives of their employees. For people who work at Labcorp the work/life balance is basically all work. Labcorp department was given mandatory overtime

Horrible; Honest review!!
First off the hours they advertise on indeed is INCORRECT. They advertise 6pm-2am other than that you are working until 4am or later than that. If you have school, children or another job this is not the place for you. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you are doing.

The atmosphere is so tense Everyone is so unhappy there and you can tell.

Management is petty.
Cons
Management is petty.
Toxic environment, not worth the stress
Toxicology Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2019
The job is fine, the position is good and some of my coworkers make the day fun but management believes in nepotism and favoritism and don't have any problems throwing it in your face. The BSrs get rewarded and the actual workers get looked down on but if you're related to management or their favorite brown noser, then your life is great. Don't ask to transfer to another area because you will be denied if you work in Toxic. Worse move I have ever made!!!!!!
Pros
Benefits and some coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
A large turnover company
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2019
Didn't like the production scale they had and it wasn't professional, although they would always try to stress that it was. Dressed code was not folliwed like it was stated.
Terrible
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 16, 2019
Long hours, short staffed, no $...management not one to approach, lazy, nasty, germ pool place to work. Keep looking for employment other than that place.
great people great place to work
mlt (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2019
a typical day at labcorp would be me clocking in getting my reagent ready to put on my machine,then i would do startup that takes about 10minuteafter that get lIS up to make sure my work cross over when
I'm finished that I put my reagents in patients on in start run
Pros
was free to take 15min break 30min lunch break
Great Company
Patient Service Technician (PST) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 15, 2019
This was by far the best job that I ever had. I worked for Labcorp in New York and the pay was competitive as well as the benefits. I liked the fact that i get paid every week. overall a great Company to work for.I had to move back to Florida.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, PTO and Hoilday bank.
Horrible
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2019
This was a horrible place to work. Management couldn't careless about their employees. Days requested off are always denied. They treat you like dirt and try to use you up. Compensation is the worst.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight