Labcorp

Found 7,165 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,377 reviews
covancelabspecimenphlebotomistbloodpatientdrawlaboratory

Fun place

Featured review

Labcorp selected this as a representative review
Have worked multiple roles within the company over 7 years and really enjoy the work and the company. Recommend to friends and family who are looking for work.

It’s all down to management.

I really enjoy my job and there are a lot of perks. At the management does not give communication & they play favorites. But I do work at a very small branch that’s kinda off the radar.

Pros

Free car, lots of vacation days

Cons

Pushed to make questionable decisions.

Labcorp insights

Based on 3,698 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Helping employees all over the southeast and traveling to meet them in person to fix their computer and printer networks. Knowing that my position would make others jobs easier and allow the work to flow more efficiently. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I loved my position at Labcorp but sadly that came to an end with a merger with another company. I watched many of my friends and bosses leave before I left.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment was fun. We had Lab-week once a year where we had food and games. After the merger all of that stopped.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Everyday at Labcorp was a different challenge. I may be on the phone or computer fixing a problem, crawling around above the ceiling tracing a disconnect or driving to another state to fix something that wasn’t repairable over the phone.

What is the best part of working at the company?Couriers can use company vehicle for personal use.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Employees are unsupportive to the management.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Management level is understaffed.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Always busy.

Fun at times and very busy

The people you work with can make it fun but it is very fast paced. We are understaffed which can make it difficult at times but manager was amazing and always felt heard.

Nice

It was cool place to work at I don't really have any complaints. Laid me off due to the pandemic but I would go back there even with that happening...

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay, benefits, & hours are really good What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The load of the work may seem overwhelming, but that is when teamwork kicks in. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Environment is good. In my department, its just you and your computer for most of the day. You dont really get to chat much with the coworkers. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I clock in, prepare my area, process the samples, pack up all samples at the end of the day, prepare the samples for transportation, disinfect my area and clock out.

They will tell you one thing just to get you in the door then it's a whole different ball game once you are hired

It's not a good place to work, management is horrible they will pull a person from a two people site and leave that person by themselves because this place is a revolving door and they can not keep employees. They will tell you that when you get ready to get hired then when you gett there it's a whole different ball game you will end up working by yourself at a account with six physicians! That not what I came on board to do. And they do not pay you for qhat you are worth New hire comes in and make more than you. Just unfairness.

Severely underpaid for high expectations and doing more than your role entails

Since starting to work here I always felt underpaid for the amount of work I do for the knowledge it requires. It's not straight forward and management does not make it easy to learn due to not having any type of training regimen in place. It's a free for all during on boarding and extremely sloppy/unorganized - I tend to be the main person training others, even though it is not my job. I have excelled at my position, doing roles that are listed in a Principal Scientist's and Manager's job description, and yet, when I asked my manager to reevaluate my performance and discuss compensation, I was immediately shut down with excuses as to why I cannot get promoted. No matter how well you do and how hard you work, you will not be recognized by upper management, so do yourself a favor and DO NOT do anything that exceeds your job role. It is impossible to get a raise here, since there is always something they will say as to why you cannot get more money. But, they still expect you to work just as hard and continue to take on more responsibility. Additionally, I feel the managers here are extremely fake to your face and emit loads of toxic positivity, which is very unhealthy to disregard your employees and how they actually feel. They are all talk, but will never support or vouch for you when you need it. Aside from pay, the atmosphere is also very toxic. I have no relationship with my co-workers and it is not a fun environment or enjoyable to be at work. Going in each day now feels miserable and robotic, as you just do your work and leave with little communication with others. We -

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Health Benefits

Cons

Low pay, Toxic work place, High expectations, Unsupportive maagers, Requires you to do more than your job role

Fair learning opportunities for entry level

Not the best pay in Market especially in states with high cost of living, but not bad for entry level as a learning opportunity. Not much time flexibility with lab workers.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

low pay

Specimen Accessioner - LabCorp - Not a supportive company

I thought I would be working in a lab setting but it was more like an office setting with desks. The work follow is very back end heavy and then we would have to scramble to get everything accessioned and on a plane. The cattiness among management is awful. It was honestly worse than high school. In one breath management would tell you to take initiative and the next breath they would ask, "Who told you to do XYZ." Communication was seriously lacking. Management never seemed to be on the same page - aka 1 question 4 different answers. If you are okay with not taking initiative, being pulled in multiple areas and getting little recognition than work for LabCorp as a Specimen Accessioner!!

Pros

Night time differential, OT potential, can listen to music

Cons

overworked, underpaid, unreasonable goals, takes a toll on your hands

Okay place to work

If you like per diem, it’s a decent opportunity. They have gotten better due to finally being offering mileage and hotel accommodations. Still need to work on better quality of employees. Some project managers are great and responsive and available to assist while you’re onsite, but not all.

Great Experience

Labcorp was my first phlebotomy job. Joining the team during Covid was really tough, but we managed to get through each day as a team. Teamwork is huge in Labcorp. I had a great experience because of my team. Though, we were short staffed a lot, labcorp definitely did hear out its employee complaints and made corrections. The new procedures for processing definitely took a big load off of the phlebotomist. The salary is decent, the more experience you come on with the better. Pay raises are often as well as bonuses. Great benefits package. Typical day, you always have someone checking in patients, at least two people drawing blood and one person processing. During drug screening, one person drops from doing blood to do drug screens. In between drug screening you should help with blood draws. 30 min lunch break.

Great people

I wasn't there very long, but the company has great benefits. And your co workers are great to work with, they're very friendly. Management could use some training in how to appreciate their employees, but for the most part if you do your job its a great place.

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits are excellent. Pay okWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The managers micro manage every positionWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Typical corp. work environment. The know it alls and the brown noses. Versus the people who are competent but may at times be lazy or lose focus.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work sign into job job with the computer. Check emails etc etc

fun place to work

good place to work that I have heard about going on a interview tomorrow my friends said its a great place to work looking forward to work fot this company

Fair Pay

Labcorp pays fairly based on your experience, but I was hired for a specific doctors office and now they are opening new accounts without a phlebotomist for that site, so they are pulling people from accounts that aren't that busy and sending them to these sites. I don't mind being a team player, but last month I wasn't at my own account for 2 weeks. I did not sign on as a floater.

Pros

1 hour lunches

Cons

Expected to work at other accounts due to short staffed.

Productive and fun workplace

Covance was a great place to work with good benefits and decent pay. Room to grow for the most part based on experience and your willingness to get the job done on time. I would Recommend.

What is the best part of working at the company?Staff very supportive and friendly Also company provides good benefits What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes there may not be sufficient staff but the job gets doneWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work area strives on n safety and training modules to ensure thisWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Very busy usually in the morning and some downtime after 1:30 pm

low pay

the pay is low. you keep a car/ but the pay is low it doesn't even matter. you drive a round pick up stuff and then before you know it its time to go home and chill

Pros

car

Cons

pay

Not enough pay

Unfortunately not enough pay. Management is ok & hardest part of the job is the paperwork you are required to do daily & the amount of work you do including phone time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labcorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Labcorp.
Powered byComparably