LaborWorks Industrial Staffing Specialists Employee Reviews

Good Honest Hard Work
Temp Labor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 4, 2019
laborworks is a great place to make some money if you are not busy, however it is not a great place for stable steady work that you can count on 24/7 365. I loved the staff and managers, however I just have been making much more money and much more steady money at others places. Still a great place to work and wonderful people, I really enjoyed the time I spent there.
Not very nice
Labor (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 7, 2018
Not very nice people to work for, or with. Rude,unreliable,sarcastic.low pay for very long hours. Not a place to find long term employment. Most people there just want a few bucks in there pocket at the end of the day, not a job.
It Works
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 29, 2017
If you need cash today you should have been in the office yesterday signing up. Office opens at 530am m-f. If you're there at 530am you'll have cash in hand by 6pm. Downside is if your a slacker you'll be treated like one! Attitude in the office and on the job matter more here than you would think. If you shut your mouth and do as your instructed you just might learn a thing or two.
Oh and brush your teeth and use peroxide rinse before your work day. Never know when they'll pop a swab test on ya so just be smart.
Pros
Same day pay, variety in work duties, learn new skills & make some money
Cons
Heavy physical labor, early work days, not always work
overall its fine
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 6, 2017
If you need fast money and have time to wait on a job its ok but then they pick and choose whom to send out you may not get a job for days.They have great jobs you can meet people also can get hired on at the right job
Pros
paid daily
Cons
no work everyday
A place to grab a quick buck, but not recommended for career advancement
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 1, 2017
Worked for these guys off and on for 6 1/2 months. Pay was minimum wage, regardless of what task I did for them. I could consider that acceptable since I was new to the work environment, but for those who have experience working in the industry, who are looking for a side job, don't expect any raises, promotions, or anything of the sort.
There's no guarantee you would be picked by a company to work for them for the day; for those who are new in the workforce, that places them at a disadvantage.This is the equivalent of an on-call, temporary work agency, where the only people who have generally steady pay with a steady schedule are those who work in the office.
The equipment may be standard and made to keep you safe, but don't expect it to be comfortable or cleaned up for you. The boots especially, cause I've gotten blistered toes working in them. If at all possible, I would strongly encourage you to get your own equipment, because the stuff they have is second-rate.
And if you're looking for benefits of any kind while working for Laborworks, good luck!
On the plus side, you take as much time off as you want (don't expect to be paid for it, though). They make it easy and simple to work for them - just do A,B and C, and BAM, you get money! They will also issue your first Global Cash Card for free. Unfortunately though, their choice of debit card, the Global Cash Card, is not universal, and there are some restrictions. I for one couldn't use it at any of the ATMs, and it's a toss-up for online purchases; you can use it just fine for in-store purchases, though.
Another issue
  more... these guys have is their transportation policy. They usually only use their vehicles for major events, such as sporting events and the like. They MIGHT choose to drop you off at your work site, but they will not pick your butt up once you're done. Once you're there, you'll need to find your own way back home, either using public transportation or asking for a ride from a coworker or someone you know. I have also found their maps misleading in some areas, so don't expect your navigated route to be spot on.
And if you are looking for a way to advance your career, best of luck to you! According to their policy, if you really want to apply for full-time work through Laborworks, you'd better hope you've managed to rack up AT LEAST 160 hours for any particular company, which is almost impossible from my experience if Laborworks keep switching you from job to job and company to company.
Overall, I would rate Laborworks a 2 out of 5. It's an okay way to get a quick buck, and you'll get first-hand experience at many different industrial companies, but it is not a permanent solution if you are having financial trouble, nor is it likely you will make much progress for your career path.
Pros
Freelancer-based schedules; easy money
Cons
Standard, unclean equipment; no benefits; inconsistent schedule/hours/pay
Bitter Bettys
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 9, 2017
The culture is very unorganized at all of the Washington locations. Staffing Specialists are very rude to one another and management is more concerned about making money than being fair. The paycheck was ok but only if you're willing to be talked down to and threatened all day.
Pros
Company would pay for events often, very relaxed.
Cons
Aggressive staff and workers, not structured, overworked.
bad ,bad place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 25, 2017
Its a bad place to work,bad jobs,bad pay,bad all. The way around, stay away be happy. I worked at the worst warehouse job ever. Never got treated like a person.
Sucks but works
Flagger (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 19, 2017
The only reason. I would work with them is due to the fact that i dont have a driver's license and I'm a flagger as trying to find work. And there is a lot of other people that want the same job u want which means that u maybe have schooling as a flagger or roofer or something and u end up in garage sorting though it

Just sucks
Pros
You get to decide your hours whether you work or not all you have to do is sign in
Cons
Minimum wage
Terrible company to work for
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 21, 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. The jobs they send you on you get treated poorly and the work is never steady. Also they have a hard time paying there employees. Twice it took them a week to pay me for work I did that I should of been paid for the next day. Think twice before working for this company.
Pros
Coffee and donuts
Cons
Low pay, poor treatment, not enuf jobs
Labor Staffing
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 19, 2017
Labor staffing, high turnover, not the greatest environment on a day to day basis. Lots of turnover, and cut throat. Not a great work life balance!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots
Office Assistant/Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Mill Creek, WASeptember 25, 2016
Enjoy the company and the people I work with. Staff is caring. Troy the manager really cares about his employees. I like that they are responsive to any questions that I may have.
was okuntil work got slow
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 12, 2016
i learned that day labor work is not the route to go. they send out who they want to send out and they are somewhat rude and disrespectful to there workers.