Lacrosse Unlimited Employee Reviews

United States44 reviews
Good environment, stubborn management.
Creative freedom. Lack of appreciation for creative production In Terms of the designer. No true leadership and then rash judgment as to the skull and effort that take place.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
Lack of understanding of graphic design craft
Fun place to work for a lacrosse player
Advertising and promoting elite lacrosse gear to youth players in and around Westchester and Fairfield county.

Stringing Lacrosse Sticks for Clients.
Super laid back work environment
I actually really liked working at Lacrosse Unlimited. It was a great first time job for a high school student. I was a key holder when I became of age (which was 18). I did a lot of opening and closing procedures. Which consist of counting the drawer and making sure the store looks presentable for the day or the next. Every week we got a shipment of lacrosse equipment and I had to scan everything in to make sure we got everything and then had to restock the floor with all the new equipment. Every morning that I opened I had to deposit money from the previous day and make sure whoever was working the night prior pulled the correct amount of money out of the drawer.
Good
No corporate micro management, do your job and you get rewarded, room to move up in company, very understanding corporate system. Many hours and responsibilities for this position, could be paid more.
Impossible to advance unless you're family or a friend.
Upper management at Lacrosse Unlimited is not at all supportive. They assign tasks that they themselves do not know how to complete and simply expect you to "figure it out," without offering guidance. There is no Human Resources Department within the company, so nowhere to go if an issue with a coworker arises. Raises are promised and not given annually, and overtime is not compensated for. The majority of upper management are the owner's family members and friends, so many biased, unfair practices occur. Also, harassment from members of the management team is common, with poor language and derogatory terms used frequently, especially in the warehouse.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fantastic Place to work
Mellow position that puts you in direct contact with learning valuable skills for future positions. Also involves you heavily with the local lacrosse community.
Lacrosse Unlimited Work
Working at Lacrosse Unlimited was very stressful as a manager, I had to do everything. Training employees was very important for my job. I would have to teach them everything from clocking in for payroll to knowing all of the merchandise and talking with customers about them. Teaching the computer system was also difficult at times. Customer service was the most important thing at the end of the day. If I trained my employees to make sure that every customer that walked in the door had a wonderful experience with us then I felt like I've done my job.
Lacrosse Unlimited
It is a good job if you're desperate. Management needs to lighten up. Stores have been closing left and right because they expanded to fast. Not the best lacrosse store out there.
tough to fit in if not part of inner cicrle
This is a family owned business who has no interest in advancing outsiders regardless of talent or work ethic. Compensation is laughable and culture is terrible. Must have thick skin and high patience
Decent Company With Poor Management Track Record
I've worked for Lacrosse Unlimited on two separate occasions. Unfortunately, on both occasions, management was less than stellar and drove me to search for employment elsewhere.
Fun and friendly work environment, goals in store to practice lacrosse.
Position needed to be self-disciplined, taking initiative and clean and maintain store cleanliness. On slow days, having to find work when it seems there was none. Staff was like a family, would have monthly meetings to find out what was working and what was not working.
Pros
Discounts, laid-back environment.
Cons
Normally work alone so when the store would get busy, it became stressful.
Terrible treatment of employees and store managers
Unless you're a family member or friend of the owners, there is no room for advancement in this company. Managerial hours required are usually 50+ per week with no overtime pay. No bonuses, not even a merry christmas or happy holidays.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun and exciting place to work
Fun and exciting work place and environment with knowledge based management. I really enjoyed my time working there and feel my experience there helped me grow professionally.
Fun laid back work environment
Great place to work and learn the ropes on managing a store. This job taught me the ins and outs of customer service and retail. Easy to work your way up but at a certain point there is a cap.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Poorly organized
Must love lacrosse to work here.
Lacrosse Unlimited was a good work experience but the lack of advancement opportunity was the reason I left. Good job if you're just out of college or live in a lacrosse hotbed.
Pros
Discounted lacrosse gear
Cons
Low pay for my area
fun place to work good with good people
It was either incredibly busy and you had to bring work home with you or very slow seeing 5 total customers per day. Most of the managers that I had were very good.
Part time work
Good part time work for lax minded people. My time spent at lacrosse unlimited was great. I was responsible for closing/opening operations and managing a team.
Lacrosse Unlimited
Lacrosse Unlimited has helped me grow and develop many new skills. They have been very beneficial to my growth and development as a employee and as a person. I have learned a great deal about sales, company management as well as communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
No Raises
Don't give many raises to their store managers. Very little opportunity to move up or receive a promotion. Although, the work environment is great and don't have complaints.
Good start out job
Good job to start with but there is no advancement, after 90 day probation period nobady talks to you about how your doing there. after a year of being there you get no raise and your at minimum wage.

It is a very dirty and unhealthy warehouse, the heater filter hasnt been changed in the almost 2 years i worked there, the receiving bay door is not sealed at all so rain/snow gets right into the warehouse. the forklift hasnt been inspected since 2008 and the brakes barely work, also they always have fire hazards up until they know when the fire marshall is going to show up then they make it look perfect for the fire marshall.
Working at a place that supports the sport I love
I was a sales man as well a key holder which meant that I could operate the store on my own. I strung mens and women sticks as well as goalies. I took inventory down for shipments and also shipped items to other store locations.
Pros
Stringing sticks is a hobby of mine
Cons
Could be very slow sometimes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lacrosse Unlimited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5