Lactalis
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Lactalis Employee Reviews

Lactalis insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Mandatory overtime and limited advancement

Do not recommend a person that wants to see their family. Long hours, have to request vacation a year in advance, limited pto, poor training and advancement opportunities

Pros

$1 cheese sale quarterly

Cons

Long hours, cannot schedule vacation till everyone that has seniority schedules theirs, and you have to do it 1 year in advance

Es un muy buen trabajo me gusta mucho aprender y trabajar las máquinas

Es muy bien trabajo aprendes mucho tienes oportunidad de optener un mejor puesto

Pros

Seguro médico

Cons

Optienes tiempo de descanso para salír a comer

A constantly revolving door of burnout employees

With an average of 70 hours every week it's not suprising people burnout and leave within their first month. Nobody stays long enough to be fully trained, so nobody is actually good at their job. Those of us who were crazy (and caffeinated) enough to stay long enough to know what we were doing were rewarded with longer shifts and fewer days off. Almost impossible to request time off even for emergencies.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

One day off weekly, difficult to request time off, high turnover

Decent place

It's not a bad pla e to work, the job is easy especially if you are just starting out, lots of drama, conflict of interest.The job is boring, not challenging enough, repetitive, Aldo they have some intouchable dinosaurs

Pros

Its ok

Cons

Long hours low pay

Terrible terrible terrible

Manager is worthless and don’t care about the people. You work 7 days a week and short notice of scheduled days. The only good thing about this place is nothing at all.

Pros

Some Supervisors, weekly pay

Cons

One break, low pay, high expectations with no training, Upper management don’t care about people, work 7 days a week, schedule is not put out until Thursday for the following week that starts on Saturday

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good benefits. Long drive.

It was just ok to work there. Nothing special. The people were really friendly. The money was good and the benefits were even better with a lower deductible than most places.

Pros

Hourly wage.

Cons

Longer drive than I wanted to do.

Very sound company but needs more stability in planning

I loved my experience with Lactalis. It was very challenging at times but I will always appreciate the opportunities and team members I experienced along the way.

Pros

Job security and opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

The work load can be overwhelming at times.

you make great money because you have no life

really great benefits. you make great money but you have no outside life. Also management cares more about production than people. if you hard worker want to make lots of money and don't care about a life right now I'd go for it. If you want work and life balance not the place for you.

Pros

great benefits and great money

Cons

to many hours to have a life

Excellent Benefits! Lots of room for upward growth

If you are looking for a stable job with a great future, this is the place to go. This company is focused on internal promotions. They build their leaders from within. They have an incredible benefits package. They offer REAL health insurance with a $250 deductible, company paid 5% 401k PLUS a match to your contribution. First year employees get 15 days vacation. Do they care about the bottom line? Yes, that’s why they grow. Do they care about their employees? Yes, that’s why they grow. If you are looking for long term employment with tons of growth opportunity this is a great company to work for. P.S. The cheese is fabulous and you get a huge discount!

Pros

Great benefits, product discounts, stable employment

Terrible leadership

Leadership does not care about employees. I was disrespected a few times by a foreman with no consequences. They just want production with no rewards.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Very short breaks. Back breaking hard job.

Excellent company and Director Engineer "Olivere" was Great man and he built fantastic team.

Lactalis Company is great company for all levels and growth there quickly if you deserve and. their HR team are great and cooperated. Engineering and Production team very are very active and work hard.

Worst Place to work

Very disorganized. Bad communication. Management only cares about the bottom line. Let go for no good reason when speaking up after being worked like a dog. I would never recommend this place to work. So many more opportunities out there. I have seen elderly being worked 6 days a week to not be given breaks or lunches, good people being held back. DO NOT Waste your time.

Pros

Pay was good to start but raised no good

Cons

No one cares about you just making money fast.

Not a bad job for operators. Pay was decent along with 5 day work week. Management was good to me and seemed like they actually cared about the employees.

Terrible

Working maintenance for two years. If you're not part of the click with management EG French you can forget it. Very unorganized no support fairly easy to get parts. No appreciation from management for making modifications for reducing down time on equipment

Cons

The management

Employees come last

HR has far too much control on all aspects of the facility, regardless of employee function or years of service. Could be labeled as a hostile workplace, seemed a good place to work when I started, but after ten years the place just went down hill from there. Even though I put in long hours at first, management at the time made it worthwhile to keep coming in day to day. Turnover is so huge there, hire 325 in a year, then lose 321 in a year, I had 6 plant managers and 8 maintenance managers during my 10 years.

Pros

You get paid on time

Cons

Everything else, used be the place to work 10 years ago. 2011

Not a good place to work

I have over 30 years of experience in water and wastewater and this company almost made me take up a different trade. The plant was in pitiful shape and there was absolutely no support whatsoever. The management was arrogant and often insulting. They cut corners environmentally and it showed on the condition of the facility and the land application site next door. The money was good, Boise Idaho is beautiful . . .but the job was terrible.

Pros

Good area, good pay

Cons

management is terrible, not a very good corporate citizen

Poor management

Was told I'd get a raise for getting my cheese makers licence, never happens. Good workers are not appreciated at all. Have to work with old worn out equipment, no bonus's and this is the largest cheese company in the world.

Pros

Free donuts on Fridays

Love 💕 working for my job. The people are awesome that I work with everyday. Very helpful company to be employed with have many of opportunity to move up in the company and make a life long career for your self.

They suck

Aside from one good supervisor management sucks, pay and benefits not bad but the company will never back you. If they can save money by denying you something you should be entitled to as an employee, they will. Tell you to go kick rocks and if you want information that you need a lawyer.

Poor management

Pay & benefitsPaid sick leave is purchased not givenCultureVery old school manufacturing ,OverallFrom the top to the bottom managers in 90 percent of the departments are more concerned with getting as much product out as possible with no regards to their employees for work life balance. Safety is at the very bottom of managements priorities.

No long hours

Management and certain employees are in this little pack if you don’t fit in with them you might as well be invisible I worked there long enough I was on medical leave after being robbed because I had broken my hand in a robbery I was not able to return until eight weeks at six weeks they fired me well put me down to PRN when I came back to work noone would give me work I worked hard for That company never called off was never late worked overtime whenever it was needed and that’s how they treated methem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lactalis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lactalis with

• Lactalis
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?