Laerdal Medical Employee Reviews

Great company but no place is perfect
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 17, 2019
Laerdal is a great company and has wonderful benefits, The office has just been renovated and is a comfortable place to work. Unfortunately, career growth and opportunity for advancement are lacking.
Professional Company helping Others
Simulation Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 26, 2018
Laerdal Medical provides exemplary training needed to help improve nurses in the healthcare industry. The management at Laerdal Medical is organized and efficient at providing the best possible training environment for simulation education in the medical field.
Pros
Managed well
Cons
n/a
Its a Job
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2018
Lost direction and vision of what made them successful. Always behind the eight ball in R&D based on customers' needs. Competition has surpassed them in providing must have products.
Excellent company to work for
Educational Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYAugust 15, 2018
Home based work with travel to teach assigned courses. The company stresses their mission “Helping Save Lives”. Most courses are taught at Universities and hospitals.
Pros
All paid travel and expenses
Cons
Time away from home
Amazing Opportunity - if you like to travel
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
Laerdal Medical is an amazing organization. They believe in their employees and provide them with all the tools you need to succeed and improve in your field. The leadership is the best I've seen! They also give you the opportunity to travel to various locations. The benefits and perks are fantastic! If you have a family, the traveling can take a toll, but overall, I was very happy with being their employee!
Pros
Free food when traveling, free rental car (sometimes a free upgrade too), great supervisors and support channels, on the job training program is excellent, although I traveled a lot, I did have most Friday afternoons off after traveling back home
Cons
Traveling can take a toll if you have young kids - but thats pretty much it
Great Company
Business Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMay 8, 2018
Had a great opportunity but unfortunately they did away with the position, leadership was very tenured which is sometimes a blessing and a curse. They have a great product.
Good Company overall
E-COMMERCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 26, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Be in the in crowd. Don't step on anyone in that "in crowd's" toes.
Learn a lot
Maybe get to travel
Good pay, paid time off, benies..
Great company but I have been a sub contractor for to long.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 9, 2018
It's a good company to work for. The job isn't the problem it is all the traveling. I don't have much of a life being home only on weekends. Its a job for someone who is single and no kids.
Pros
paid travel fair breaks decent benifits
Cons
100%Travel
culture
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Town of Wappinger, NYOctober 11, 2017
relaxed place to work, stress free environment - organizational culture is the same. Unfortunately there is not many opportunities for growth and advancement
Great Job
Product Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NY 12533September 18, 2017
It is a great place to work. Everyone I worked around is fun and exciting. the management is great I had no problems with them. just want to go somewhere I can move up.
Productive, Fast paced
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXSeptember 5, 2017
It was a great work experience. The people were great and the work was repetitive in a way that was enjoyable. I worked in packing and it was a comfortable area to work in even though it's the fastest paced area.
great company
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
really care about employees, I was laid off but arent holding a grudge as they are just a great company that will do absolutely anything for you no matter what
Positive Experience
SALES (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMay 25, 2017
This privately-held company offers a lot of exposure to those who stick around. They are truly committed to saving human lives, which is a refreshing vision.
Pros
Meical Benefits
Cons
Personal growth can be stagnant
Great organization and team
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYFebruary 16, 2017
We were introducing a product, External Automatic Defibrillators, (AED) into the pre-hospital market that provided 1st responders with opportunity for early defibrillation. We saved lives!!!
Pros
Great organization from president to engineers and all others
Small International Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYDecember 10, 2016
Good benefits. Many changes throughout the years. Many have been let go due a lack of sales. Not much room for advancement. Work is repetitive, not very challenging.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great company to work for.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work is busy, and large part of the job is multi-tasking.

The time here I learned how generate purchase orders, run and read reports. Purchased inventory based on demand. I followed up with our suppliers and warehouse on any delays. Kept detailed spread sheets in excel logging shipment information.

I was originally hired as a temp with a 9-12 month contract. As my employers saw how quickly I picked up the different processes and programs, they added on to my responsibilities and made me full time.

Co-workers are very friendly and created an enjoyable environment.
We aimed to help each other and worked together to come to solutions.
Pros
flexible, friendly, great pay, great management
I learned a lot while working there. My manager was great to work for. Most of the people are great but there are some strong politics.
Manufacturing Technical Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXNovember 7, 2015
It can sometimes be difficult to achieve personal goals because it is hard to rely on some of those in key positions to do what is needed.

Most of my coworkers were awesome people and very hard workers that care about quality and want to do a good job.
Pros
Freedom to acheive goals without being micromanaged. Allowed to be creative.
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
Great Company with a Good Mission
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls NYMarch 2, 2015
After working for Laerdal for 15 years I have nothing but good things to say about the organization.

A typical day to manage the Customer Service team was to have the staff handle approximately 1000 customer touch points per day. From answering phone calls, processing sales orders or answering customer e-mail inquiries.

The mid line coworkers that I had the pleasure of working with were a very knowledgeable group in that from a "Back Office" stand point we were able to collaborate and successfully work together to ensure optimal customer satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and the culture of the organization. They were very supportive in helping develop employees and provided for continuing education.
Pros
Great Company- Good mission
Cons
At times work-life balance
Product marketing and sales support
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 24, 2014
Overall mission "helping save lives" is wonderful.
Team members are highly intelligent and passionate and supportive.
Pros
Supportive team members
Cons
Lack of senior leadership direction
Wonderful position with extensive travel
CPR Anytime Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Home/All of Western USNovember 3, 2014
Typical day - stay in hotel, check in with potential or current customers, discuss CPR and training
Learned - more about CPR and a lot about extensive traveling and EMS
Co-workers - typically worked alone most of the time, traveling and calling on customers
Hardest part of the job - working alone, traveling
Most enjoyable part of the job - met some wonderful people during my travels
Pros
Pride in my product
Cons
Extensive travel is difficult