Lafayette Club Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun bookkeeping job
Treasurer/bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJuly 30, 2016
I appreciate the flexible, off site hours. They need a bookkeeper for a few hours a week and it works into my schedule easily. I am a full charge bookkeeper for this company. I process payroll, enter and pay vendor invoices. Enter receivables and journal entries. As well as file sales and use taxes. They are a great bunch to work with as well.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
off site- documents have to be mailed
educational experience as a first time dining room manager
Assistant Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka Beach, MNMay 5, 2016
The Lafayette provided me a great first time experience as a dining room manager. My boss was very supportive with my training as well as the flexibility with schedule and pay.
Pros
Fun job, great people
Cons
lack of reliable communication between staff
Private Member Only Dining Club
Head Server (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17404January 12, 2015
A typical work day at the Lafayette Club started out either me opening for breakfast or coming in around 11am for lunch. Breakfast was usually only a few members, but lunch could get very busy. I got to know these gentlemen and even some of their wives from seeing them on a regular basis. I learned what they drank or what they ate for lunch every day and could have it started as soon as they came in. Dinner at the club was different. Breakfast and lunch were casual, dinner was considered fine dining with a dress code and I, as a server, had to use fine dining etiquit down to wine presentation. The club also did banquets and parties mostly on-sight. The hardest part of the job for me was the long hours. There were days I was at the club from morning till after midnight. The most enjoyable part of my job besides getting to know the members, was I worked with a small staff of employees and we were all very close.
Pros
Free lunches, Christmas bonuses, raises
Cons
Very long days, no benefits