Lafayette Consolidated Government Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. The people are great to work with also. As project manager I was tasked to understand all the in's and out's of hardware, software, POCs and servers involved.
great
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 2, 2018
great benefits and retirement package. Workplace culture is great. several possibilities for advancement within the civil service area. Drop progarm is available.
Productive if you stay to yourself
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 13, 2018
Arrive at work ready to start, keep to yourself and don't engage in personal conversation with management. Hardest part is hearing gossip/ best is going home.
Benefits
Cons
It is a "messy" company to work for.
My Workplace
Application Specialist/Support (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 27, 2017
In a typical day as Application Specialist/Support, I fulfilled mutli tasking of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of several individuals. Throughout the day I completed various roles that are very important, that it has a direct impact on growth, continuity and success. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer/employee issues. For instance, one day you’re overseeing the technical services team as they implement a new analytics system, the next, you’re scouting vendors that can help support the company’s transition into the cloud. Specific tasks vary depending on the organization and its needs, but daily responsibilities may include:

• Planning and coordinating team projects
• Motivating team members
• Evaluating projects from completion to end
• Updating management on project process

At Lafayette Consolidated Government as an employee I look forward to going to work. In fact, I have a challenging time leaving because I enjoy the challenges with co-workers, and the atmosphere. Lafayette Consolidated Government focus on culture, to where we have guiding principles. As an employee I live by it. It’ll helps me get through challenging times. The hardest part my job is when an application miss functioning, and you have to diagnosis to resolve the issue. There were many things I liked best about my job. I enjoyed the level of open and direct communication which moved things along quickly alone the work place. It’s always about solving the business problems. Another thing I liked is the ability to learn new things and take
  more... on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.  less
Paint and Body Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 24, 2017
Good place to work, if you have a second job. Hours are pretty good and give you a chance to get off work and do thing with your family and off every weekend and holidays.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay is not the best
Balanced
Senior Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 17, 2017
Balanced work and of on weekends. No overtime and the pay is not sufficient for what I do as a coordinator. I enjoy working with the seniors, but I hate the gossip between the entire department. The hardest part of my job is taking suggestions from the 1200 seniors that attend the health and wellness center and trying to make everyone happy for the monthly calendar I make.
Pros
I love interacting with the seniors
Cons
The job gets boring and stressfull
Great Company
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2017
I enjoy working with Public Works/LCG. We work as a team here and it feels like family. I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to work for such a great company with great people.
Productive place to work.
Engineering Aide Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work and great people to work with. Not the best as far as training employees. Had to take on responsibilities outside of job description in order to get a raise.
Disappointment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 4, 2017
Services not completed, Working in the heat with very few breaks. The mentality of those hired is "do as little as possible" I don't care attitude, which overloads those that are actually doing their job. Favoritism is played in regards to advancement.
Pros
Pay check every two weeks
Cons
Short lunches, no overtime, lack of supervised training, difficult to out of one department to another.
Electrical Engineering Aide II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2017
I learned a lot working there. I participated in numerous trainings and met with a lot of vendors who also helped me understand my job better. My boss was a great person!
Fast paced environment. Learned a lot.
Electric Distribution Dispatcher/Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2017
Receiving high volume of incoming calls from customer when there were power outages or issues with water/sewer system, I had to know the city map and know where to send the engineers when there were power outages in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Worked 12 hour shift
Challenging but rewarding job
Claims Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 9, 2017
Typically had injured employees come in to make their w/c claims. Learned to be attentive, use math to determine benefits, and use computer to evaluate and implement those benefits. Was consulted and consulted new employees on how the w/c claims process was administered. Co-workers were helpful in gathering information about injured employees. The hardest part of the job was finding enough time to do proper investigation of all the claims being made. The most enjoyable part was to see an employee benefit from my handling of their claim and successfully return to their job.
Pros
usage of company vehicles and convention attendance
Hard Labor
Labor II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 22, 2016
Learned many different trades. Bad work environment. Hard labor work and inconstant job task. No respect among co-workers,
Productive workplace.
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2016
Great job with great benefits. I learned how to drive buses, fire trucks, dump trucks and much more heavy equipment. Also have paid holiday vacations. Working for Lafayette Consolidated Government was a great place to work for.
Pros
Healthcare, annual leave, and sick leave.
Cons
short lunch break and low pay.
LCG Review
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 28, 2016
I received a lot of accounting experience working at Lafayette Consolidated Government. My duties including reconciling accounts, recording deposits, recording year end accruals, assuring funds were expended with contract guidelines and working with external auditors to ensure accurate financial statements.

I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere while being able to use my Accounting degree in a professional setting. The hardest part was dealing while the State and Federal government during the audits to obtain information.
Pros
Accounting Experience
Cons
Politics
Love to drive around and learn different parts of Lafayette
Parking Control Officer- Duties (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for the city of Lafayette. Every day I was issued a company vehicle to patrol the city for vehicles and on average, issued 20 or 30 violations daily.
Pros
Issued Company Vehicle
Cons
Worked in rain or cold weather
Quiet office a lot of busy work, joyful people
intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 27, 2015
My supervisors are very professional but at the same time friendly and helpful. My work day consist of mapping city projects at the computer and pulling and reorganizing existing projects. I am a lot younger than all of my co-workers, but get along very well with everyone, they treat me as an adult, not a child, like I was expecting when I got here. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained from this experience.
Pros
good pay, long lunches
Cons
no benifits
Excellent job for community service
Building Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  LaFayette LaOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with the city because of the exposure of many activities that takes place in the community. The team comes together to make many activities and programs successful in the community. The facilities support all aspects of the communities in and around Lafayette La for many different people.
Pros
Work hours are great. Room for growth.
Lcg
aid (Former Employee) –  lafayetteMarch 23, 2015
This is a very good place to work. Every single employee is help in all aspects from top to bottom. Good place to work. I highly recommend those seeking employment to consider this place.
Sign Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 1, 2014
I was able to learn a lot, but there was little room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Pay