Lafayette General Medical Center Employee Reviews

stable workplace
Materials Management tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 10, 2019
decent pay grade depending on the department you work for, long hours required and a lot of time spent on feet. not good however to move up in in company
Theoretically progressive culture, practice still undecided
Patients Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 25, 2018
All the right words are repeated but the instances of true believers in leadership are sporadic. Wages are stagnant and rank and file participation in decision making is not solicited. The culture is survivable and adequate as a stepping stone to better, more joyous opportunities.
work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my short time working with this organization. Although it was a travel position, I enjoyed my time there, there was a lot of flexibility in scheduling and great patient care demonstrated.
great job
Certified Nursing Assistant & Emergency Room Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 9, 2018
I loved working here. I miss it. I moved away and the city I'm in has some pretty poor options of hospitals. I loved how well the nurses are trained. I love how real the education department is. I love the teamwork and the flow of patient throughput in the hospital. The ER can get really backed up, but it's not their fault. The Er team is great. Oncology is wonderful. The CathLab is an all-star team. The Cafeteria is great and cheap. There are priests in the hospital at all times, a Chapel with a tabernacle in it and daily Mass... Go work here!
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 10, 2018
The hospital offers good benefits, atmosphere is quiet and provides quality patient care/treatment for patients. The hospital have specialized medical equipment and nursing staff. A major health care facility in its region with large numbers of beds for patients who need long term care.
Pros
full time employment
Cons
only worked half of day.
Good Job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2018
This is a good job if you want something slow paced and not challenging. I would recommend this job for as a temporary one because you do not make enough money for the cost of living.
Great job opportunity
PACU-RN - Care (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and many different departments at LGMC. I learned many new nursing skills during my time there. My manager was ok but did not want to come in when we were approaching over 16 hours in the PACU. Needed better schedules and different attitudes about call. Great culture overall and opportunites for advancement. Loved many of the physicians and nurses there.
Pros
Great pay and busy
Cons
Long hours with not much help
Good employees, terrible employer
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2018
This hospital is more concerned about expanding and making more money than the safety of its patients and employees. I loved my coworkers dearly, but we were always understaffed and always overworked
na
PM Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 19, 2018
not interested in reviewing this facility
Microsoft and Apple programs- budget controls, inventories, scheduling, profit and loss statements,
Positive people management- hiring, training, mentoring, coaching and counseling, hospital and
senior centers environmental services-housekeeping, floor work and laundry and use of all
machines required. Focus in internal and external customer services.
Looks Great on the Outside
Patient Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 12, 2018
Sadly since becoming a health system LGMC has forgotten what matters the most. The patients. Now it is about awards and Hcap scores rather than caring for the patient. We as employees were once cared for and about. In return, staff went above and beyond for the patient. Now it is not genuine, it's all a front, we have people being nice because they were told to be or would get released. We are working severely under-manned in most departments and have been for sometime. I can tell you where I am assigned we are missing things everyday because of it and I have experienced something similar when my own family was in-house with a lack of nursing care from under-staffing.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of appreciation, over staffed
Productive place to work
Medical Assistant Staff Trainer Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 2, 2018
Productive place to work - Loved working for the company. Culture is positive, and upbeat. Pay isn't always the best, but work family is very true to this place.

Marriage/relocation is the only reason I'm leaving
very challenging and opportunities to grow
Custodial Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 21, 2018
a typical day is when its to quiet not knowing what to expect.i learned that you can excel in other departments, and management is fair, the culture is fairly good,and the hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day.the most enjoyable day is getting off and going home at the end of the day.
Pros
there is room for growth
Cons
u accumulate time the day you start, and 401k
The company needs to take better care of their employees not just the leaders
ACCESS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAAugust 21, 2018
Working for the company was great. The CEO at Lafayette General is AWESOME what more can I say. AGH Access Service Manager made days there very stressful. Anytime you have a Manager who gossips about his workers with other workers in the Department is very unprofessional! It don't pay to follow Chain of Command over there simply because your voice don't matter so workers have no type of support when addressing issues basically the Leaders are NEVER the problem! Patients wasn't a priority in that department it was more about collections than showing compassion for the patients. No advancement,alot of favortism,and putting down of other workers. Anytime you addressed upper management about an issue with him you best believe he was retaliating against anyone who bruised his ego! Lafayette General needs to do thorough screening on Managers as well not just their workers bad Managers causes the company to lose very good workers. And that's a form of violating their Standards of Behavior Policy as well! Great company with some horrible,rude and selfish leaders as well as workers which makes LGH look really bad!
Pros
Benefits, Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management, Favortisim, Gossiping, No Advancement, No Compassion Towards Workers and Patients
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 18, 2018
My manager made life miserable there because myself and her family member didn't see eye to eye,which to my understanding your not supposed to work with family.She showed her no criticism and gave her no wrong.
Good place to work with room for advancement.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 16, 2018
Lafayette General was a good place to work with room for advancement. Educational opportunities were available in every department. Benefits were good and they had the best cafeteria with the best food at the best prices.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, educational opportunity with great cafeteria and food.
Cons
Salary could have been more competitive.
medical records
Chart specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2018
the job was fine not enough pay for the work learned and work with good people ..working with patient . working hours was the hardest part . i learned alot
I like working at this company, staffing could be better.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, laAugust 11, 2018
Staffing and nurse or ratio could be better. The staff are friendly and kind and care about their patients. The benefits could be better. Fir example the 401k, and also the out of pocket health benefits.
Pros
Free food, and ink pens
Cons
Short lunches and hardly ever breaks
Innovative healthcare system
HIM Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 6, 2018
Rapidly growing innovative healthcare system. Leader in industry standards. On target mission statement. Always investigating methods to improve outcomes.
Pros
Family first
Cons
Insurance Benefits
productive work place and great environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for lafayette general medical center ! Our team was very diverse and completed all tasked on time . This job has prepared me for bigger job opportunities and helped me become a better individual .
Our Dept needs better management and all people needs no be related to the Director, mangers, and leadership so that all people can be treated equally
Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 29, 2018
Over all is a awesome place to work but our Dept. is at its worst with management. It’s a lot of favoritism and daily rules that that is not followed by the policy and it leads to daily issues between the workers and the leaders. And the over all look on the dept fails to push out and confirm the right information to better guide and strive our dept. and the form of communication is also at its worst over there. Mangers, and employee loses respect for each other on daily basis.
Pros
Lunch is free for the Doctors
Cons
No breaks in our dept except lunch but all other depts receive a 15 minute break.