Lafayette Venetian Blind

Lafayette Venetian Blind Employee Reviews

Lafayette Venetian Blind insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed working at Lafayette Venetian Blind. We were not allowed to talk to each other unless it was work-related. This made the days seem very long.

Family Oriented and Exceptional Staff

I was a Driver for Lafayette Venetian Blinds, delivering high-end material/fabric and blinds to business owners across the States. What an amazing place to work and make into a career.

Pros

Great Communication from supervisor, getting to see different sites, places and people

Cons

Hazards of operating a commercial vehicle over the road

Never again.

Carrot and Stick mentality utilized by management across the board. Supervisors have been known to intimidate employees and lie about it when confronted by HR when complaints are filed by employees. If you can read a tape measure posess basic math skills and show up for work on time for all scheduled work days ,you will keep your job. The work environment is not pleasant, and the employee turnover rate is high because of this environment.

Pros

Production processes are simple and easy to learn.

Cons

Supervisors have poor attitudes.

Nothing good, poor health benefits the pay rate is insulting poor training

I wouldn't work there for less than $15.00 and that isn't even competitive with McDonald's prepare to be taken advantage of ,no opportunities for advancement unless you are family or close friends

Pros

it's a job

Cons

everything else

Not sure what you are asking for?

In all company is okay for a family own. But not equally fair to employees. They do not treat everyone equally the same. If you are related you are aloud more freedom in your job.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Simple

Working here was very straight forward. Do your job, show up every day, do your job correctly. You learn so much about the products and the tools they use A very family oriented buisness

Pros

Easy to get to.

Cons

Short breaks

Very poor place to work, the income sucks, the management is awful

There is no room to grow unless you are one of the owners favorites or you are family to them! People that has been there 10-20 years were making less then I was starting out. If you are wanting to go back to school or have a sick kid they say they will work with you but they DO NOT. The management at Venetian blinds is what’s going to cause them to close down before long!!! I relized working for Venetian blinds I was at a dead end job. They are going under, and probably won’t be in business for another 5 years.

Pros

Off weekends

Cons

Breaks, pay, management, no time for yourself or home life

Easy job with little room to grow

The pay starts at $10/hr. You get very minimal increases; i.e people who have been there for over 20yrs still don't make much over $12/hr if over it at all.

Pros

easy work

Cons

no room to advance

Fast paced, fun atmosphere to work

I enjoyed my employment here. I just had to relocate or I would currently still work for this company. It is fast paced and that is something I enjoyed about working here.

Pros

fast paced, friendly place to work

Cons

short breaks

Fast Paced Customer Service & Ordering

A typical day starts and ends with placing orders for blinds and other interior fashions. There is a paid 15 minute break and an hour unpaid lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to talk to on a daily basis, however it can also be the hardest part of the job.

"Family company" with non-family friendly policies and low pay

I enjoyed the job--they are great with the amount of time and effort they put into training their employees. Most of the customer service is done over the phone and the customers are generally nice to work with. My biggest issue with this company is the low pay and unsatisfactory benefits. It seems the higher-ups in the company are doing very well financially, while the rest of the company struggles to get decent pay and benefits. Also, the vacation/sick day/leave policies are not at all family friendly. You are required to work 6 months before earning any vacation time and one year before earning any sick time. During the first 6 months, if you miss more than 32 hours for any reason, you can be terminated on the spot. I really think this company has the potential to be better, but they struggle to keep good, quality employees because of poor pay, benefits, and policies.

Pros

Nice work environment

Cons

Poor pay, outdated technology, poor benefits/policies

Fast paced job

It was a tough job and was pretty physically demanding. The biggest complaint I had was how unpredictable the management was. Things would change with people very quickly and a lot of times people would lose their jobs unexpectedly.

productivity, and working with different cultures

I enjoyed working with different type of people, my supervisor was easy to work for and would listen to her employees. I learned the different types of blinds.

Pros

working with a diferent type of people.

Cons

Health care

Call volume and variety

I enjoyed the abundance amount of calls I received. Each call was never the same. They have an excellent training class.

It worked out for me while I was finishing my degree

Sanding and fixing wood blinds to be ready for paint You learn your job the first day you are there Management is not that bright Co-workers were decent Hardest part is you will get extremely dirty depending on were you are at and it gets very hot in there in summer time The most enjoyable part was I was able to work part time and finish my degree it was also nice that I lived a few minutes from here

Pros

Helped me get through school easier

Cons

were to start...

productive work environment

very productive and also very family oriented work environment, family own business understands family matters..I worked their as I was raising my family and they work around whatever comes up with the family . Family comes first here and enjoyed growing with the family

Fun place to work that I really enjoyed.

I looked forward to going to work at LVB on a daily basis. All of my coworkers were so friendly and helpful.

Pros

you could have overtime

Cons

health insurance

call center like any other

Been employee for this company for over 6 years. Nothing really hard about the job when you know what you are learning after 3 months of training. Training is the hardest part. I can place orders and give needed help in almost all our product we make. The learning is vital.

Cons

no growth potential

fun work place

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. every body pulled to gather and we would all get are jobs done. If your doing a job you like nothing is hard .

Pros

you did not have some one always watching over you

The night shift

I answered phone calls all night. I worked 3:30 to midnight, so it got kinda dead after 9pm. It was nice and laid back. It was easy to learn and I regret quitting there, it wasn't my choice though.

a fast paced but not really hard factory job

I enjoyed working here & making blinds. You could put on headphones & work. The music helped your day go a lot faster too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lafayette Venetian Blind. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Lafayette Venetian Blind Reviews by Location

• Lafayette Venetian Blind
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?