Lagarda Security Employee Reviews in Hamtramck, MI

I think it's a good company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIJune 11, 2019
It's a good company but sometimes there is no where to place you because it's extremely to far to travel. Most of there sites are very far. Some don't pay as much. Some of the sites don't be permit. You would have to go where a job is available. Another thing I don't like is of I'm making 12 at one site and get moved. That next site might pay less.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay
Advice from a site supervisor
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIApril 15, 2019
Work hard get rewarded, that's my best advice for those looking to work for Lagarda. I was promoted to supervisor over a year ago and I have seen my fair share of guards sit on their butt and call it in(they dont last long) I come to work early everyday and the company has taken care of me pretty well.
Pros
Good support for the good employees
Cons
Need more good workers to apply
Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIApril 10, 2019
Simple job. Depending on the site you're at you will most likely roam around the sight looking for anyone breaking rules or trespassing. Maintain order. It's a lot of hours but overtime is overtime - Can't be mad about that.
Pros
pretty good overtime and the job is pretty easy
Cons
sometimes you get stuck with lazy guards
New to security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIMarch 22, 2019
Just started a few months ago and still learning the ins and outs of the job but its definitely been intense. They have me placed in a medical building and I can honestly say everyday is different. My supervisor has been a lot of help in bringing me along and being a good support. I know every site is different, but I enjoy all the different challenges this place brings.
Pros
everyday is different, and a good support.
Cons
Some days can definitely be a challenge.
Not a bad job if you need one. I love where they put me!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIMarch 12, 2019
The school they have me placed in definitely keeps me busy. I needed a job and LaGarda definitely got me hired quickly. The only thing i'd like to see is some paid time off, but my supervisor tells me that it is going to be happening soon.
Pros
hours and coworkers
Cons
can be stressful
The worst job I have ever had.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIAugust 20, 2018
Worst management ever. They manage by intimidation . They care nothing about their employees. They do not secure anything for their clients. Employees spend so much time covering their behinds, that they cannot do their jobs. Work here if you like being ABUSED!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company.
Workplace
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Management use abuse their authority. Management also found something to complain about, I learned that no matter how much you bend over backwards for them it still wasn't good enough. I enjoyed making the customers smile and they appreciated me. The hardest part of the job was for management to listen to your concerns.
wrost place to work for
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIDecember 11, 2017
Lagarda security is a unprofessional, unorganized, and ghetto company to work for. The manager uses profanity and takes you off the schedule when you ask for a day off. They don't do direct deposit and gives no raises or holiday pay. Lagarda don't keep you in a steady location. They keep moving you around and when you ask for a permanent spot, you'll get fuss at.
Cons
no breaks
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIOctober 29, 2017
its a relaxing place to working some of the manager are nice but i just dont think they treat there guards far as well as i think they should pay more
Pros
easy job
Cons
poor pay
lagarda Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIDecember 8, 2016
I learned to manage working alone in the dark by my self outside with no patrol car on site or near By

Hardest part was that I notice that my supperviser didnt care about my safety once I told him about my problems on the site with in the community.
Pros
working alone or with others
Cons
No Breaks
protuctive company looking for hard workers.
security guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIApril 8, 2013
A typical days requires you to interact with different people while securing the premises. You often will have to multi-task.
Pros
there is always overtime you can do.
Cons
the shift times, and the company vechiles