Lagarda Security Employee Reviews

Poor
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2018
It was just a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 18, 2018
If you need a job for extra money then go for it. I've worked there for 3 years and never got a raise. They do however work with you on life balance or if you need unpaid time off.
Pros
easy work
Cons
at the time it was no raises, no direct deposit, no room for advancements.
Typical Guard Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 15, 2018
Worked there for a year and a half a long time ago. Minimum wage and extremely boring. Just go to college for criminal justice and become a police officer if that's your thing.
A cool work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 6, 2018
The job wasn't hard at all, it was a very easy, slow paced job. My Manager was very easy to work with and fun to work with at times. I just needed more hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Its very cold in the winter
Workplace
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Management use abuse their authority. Management also found something to complain about, I learned that no matter how much you bend over backwards for them it still wasn't good enough. I enjoyed making the customers smile and they appreciated me. The hardest part of the job was for management to listen to your concerns.
Nope
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  All over MichiganDecember 30, 2017
Don't do it. Incompetent management. Turnover is thru the roof. No benefits. No advancement opportunities unless the idiots quit. Lies about reimbursements.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management. Compensation.
wrost place to work for
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIDecember 11, 2017
Lagarda security is a unprofessional, unorganized, and ghetto company to work for. The manager uses profanity and takes you off the schedule when you ask for a day off. They don't do direct deposit and gives no raises or holiday pay. Lagarda don't keep you in a steady location. They keep moving you around and when you ask for a permanent spot, you'll get fuss at.
Cons
no breaks
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIOctober 29, 2017
its a relaxing place to working some of the manager are nice but i just dont think they treat there guards far as well as i think they should pay more
Pros
easy job
Cons
poor pay
Security in a medical clinic, and parking garages, security for Hamtramck High school, Hamtamck middle and elementary
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2017
working here for 6 months,I don't have a full regular schedule and my hours are being cut. We don't get raises, you have to rent the uniform and you have to turn in uniform without any refund of money.
Pros
Haven't seen any pros
Cons
Can't live on the employment wages when they keep cutting hours, don't have a regular schedule. Will send you home if they over staffed the site
A security company that does security for businesses
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
Just doing security for a medical clinic, securing the inside from the lobby to the back and securing the outside lobby and making sure the front door was locked.
Unprofessional
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2017
They have a real problem with decimation of information. It's like the left foot doesn't know what he right foot is going to do. They have sites with terrible wages. Also at there site they got bed bugs for you. So be prepared. Not to mention dirty uniforms.
They really care about us & are fun to be around
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIAugust 3, 2017
I've never worked for people who care so much about their people. They try to make the atmosphere fun with Nerf guns in the office, employee appreciation day where you can win TVs/etc, and like to goof around. At the same time, they want to make sure you're safe and want to make sure you're taken care of. My son was in the hospital and the CEO personally made my son a basket of toys and goodies and a heart felt card for me. Love those people.
Pros
Free food, fuel cards, healthcare, flexible schedule, employee of the month appreciation rewards
I Lovr It Here
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 13, 2017
I Really feel this is a great company, My boss takes care of me cuz he knows im going to take charge and get what he needs done. The hours are great if your looking for a job with 40 hours, They come with health insurance benefits, & As long as you know your site and the basis of security you can advance.
Pros
They Work Around Schedules
Cons
N/a
Good starting job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIJune 15, 2017
Good starting job. Negative traits include no benefits, low pay, ops managers not helpful and little care for employees. Positive traits include flexible hours.
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2017
The job was good working around other and also learning how to work more with others in hostile situations learning how to diffuse altercations with out violence
worse job ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJune 4, 2017
not worth the money. they out you in unsafe environments for minimum wage. They dont even pay their armed guards enough. Poor scheduling and managemnt haunt this company.
Bad Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2017
I had the worst experience working at this company. I do not recommend anyone to work for this company they are disrespectful and very unprofessional.
good to go.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIMarch 23, 2017
Securing and maintaining any site as needed. Keeping professional no matter what situation or actions and words from individuals you come across while working on any site.
Love it here.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Love it here! Hopefully I could transfer jobs locations from flint to Lansing once I move there really soon. Would love to continue working long term here
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Lack of employees, mistreatment and inconsideration of employees, lying to about pay rates, bounced around from site to site nothing permanent.
Pros
Overtime pay