Lahey Clinic Employee Reviews

Pay for the job is horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 20, 2018
While Working at LHMC as a security officer I was underpaid. we are assigned tasks that are dangerous such as watching psych patients in the ER who cannot leave the hospital and directing traffic in a very busy area for very minimal pay. If your looking for experience its a good place to start but don't stay long.
Not a productive nor friendly department
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Very bad moral due to poor leadership. Bad managers and supervisors. Co-workers are allowed to do what they want when they want and don't have to help out when another coworker calls in or is on vacation.
Pros
Easy to ge to Dr visits
Cons
Dealing with bad people
Lahey
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 2, 2018
I worked wknd nights. So it's not a "typical" day... I basically did everything except hand out medications. the Management does not care about your opinion unless you are a nurse or higher.
I enjoyed working and being part of the Liaison team.
Revenue Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 15, 2017
Most days are very busy and always filled with meetings. There is always daily communication with different work groups and committees. Health care is always changing and this requires flexibility,researching and reporting to update colleagues on current policies and procedures.
great place for teamwork
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 14, 2017
my floor was a great place to work with co workers that provided a great environment. the charge nurses provided great help. the nursing manager was fair. They were very understanding and helpful for learning from my nursing student perspective.
Great Place to Work
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 7, 2017
Working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center has been a pleasure from the start. The team atmosphere permeates through the entire building and the medicine practiced here is top-notch.
Pros
Teamwork, Integrity
Cons
insurance complicating the industry
Work Atmosphere
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 7, 2017
I like what I do and most of all I like my supervisor and department Manager. Its a fast paced job as I work in Emergency Department, fun and enjoyable
Pros
Good Management
Cons
breaks should be 45 minutes
Stepping stone
Direct Patient Care Radiology Transporter (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 26, 2017
I honestly applied for my job at lahey as a stepping stone. Do to the incompetence of majority of techs, doctors and nurses along with being under staffed (amongst other things) i am very satisfied to have worked here for the experience and care of patients only. I will never look back.
Pros
Great benifits, great start for a career
Cons
Literally everything other than the pros i have listed
It’s a job
Medical Assistant/Secretary - Endocrinology (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 16, 2017
Medical Assistants are not utilized to their fullest potential, this is a disservice to the Medical Assistant’s training and the quality care patients should receive.
it seems that the Training and continued education is a formality
Very Positive Experience
Manager, Concerge Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 12, 2017
Concierge Services provides a vital service to Lahey visitors and colleagues acting as a liaison to local area services and offering reduced rates on lodging and transportation.
Continuing Medical Education Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 8, 2017
I've been working at Lahey Clinic for 25 years. I work in medical education with a great group of people. My job is flexible as a single mom of 3 older daughters (high school and college)
Pros
longtime employee with many aquantances
Cons
Health insurance where we are limited to receive our care
excellent research experience
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 7, 2017
Amazing opportunity to learn about men's health, clinical innovation, and physician leadership. I got an opportunity to collect and analyze data and publish in a peer-reviewed medical journal.
horrible
Adult telemetry, cardiac, neuro, stroke (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 1, 2017
How they ever got magnet status is beyond me. This place is the worst to work for. I hope if you consider it, understand that you have to park off site, you're not valued, you're expendable, and your input is worthless.
Pros
Cons
unsafe to work for
Friendly atmosphere
Medicare Claims Analyst and Biller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 30, 2017
Great place to be the supervisor made it even better. A place that is understanding and compassionate of others lives. Work hard but its better working smart it makes the job easier and less stressful
Pros
Plenty parking and great places to eat
great
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 28, 2017
I learned hospitals are 24-7. the culture of place was fun the most enjoyable part was break time and leaveing at the end of work. fun place to work and earn money
Its the best could highly reccomemd to someone else
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2017
I loved working there. Its a very great place to work at. Great care
Communication is excellent
Lovely management
Resources at hand
Nice place to work at
And overall I realised many patient loved thr care that os given there.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
lahey is a grate company
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 27, 2017
lahey is a grate company. I enjoyed working there as an employee. The benefits were very good they over a 403B and health, dental and vision insurance.
benefits
Good co-workers, bad management and low wages
RN (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 24, 2017
This is a teaching hospital that does not provide much financial support for advancing education. I had to pay for most of my MSN. Leadership is extremely poor. Raises are pretty much unheard of and when they do come along they are so low that one does not even notice them on the paycheck. Parking is a mess as well.
Pros
Colleagues were awesome
Cons
Terrible management and psychotic MD Director of Utilization Managment/Physician Advisor
Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 22, 2017
upper management never really supported the staff. The patients were very appreciative of the help they got. Most people would rather stab you in the back than help you out.
Pros
The physicians were very knowledgeable
Cons
Never really appreciated
Love Lahey!
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 19, 2017
Work flow is great, can be busy depending what department.Great co workers & management. wish pay was a bit more since we do medical assistant and secretary work. Not much clinincal work, but great place to start a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.