Lahey Health Employee Reviews

Incompetent leadership with no accountability
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 8, 2018
The senior leadership team is talented and intelligent. However, as soon as you go just a single layer down from the chiefs of the hospital it becomes obvious no one knows what they are doing. The leaders lack innovation, they fear change, sub par work ethic is allowed, and there is no accountability. Those that attempt to start real change are seen as a nuisance and soon pushed out.
Pros
Senior leaders are very intelligent
Cons
All other leaders are incapable
Good for the goose, not the gander
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAJuly 15, 2018
It was ok, I got to work with people closely; meeting patients was the best part, making them feel comfortable, safe, secure. Even the sucky ones provided laughs!
Pros
benefits and wages for overnight shift
Cons
Zero communication, willy nilly following of training, protocols, etc. Very micro-managed, but the important stuff wasnt managed!
Small community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMay 2, 2018
Very small community hospital. Good for basic care but anything requiring intervention or specialists is not done here. Provides care for simple diagnoses that require hospitalization.
Great place to work but hours were unfair
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 24, 2018
I was hired for a certain shift with specific hours but after just a month being there an employee quit and I had to work longer hours typically 7:30am-7:30pm or later. the one other MA always got to leave at 4:30 I ended up working my days off.
Great Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed my work place. I had to leave because I could not commit to a weekend schedule. The staff was very nice and friendly. It was a collaborating team.
Extremely fast paced
Registration and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 22, 2018
Very busy office with hard working staff who are friendly. Time goes by very fast, All the providers are very nice to work for. Management is friendly.
Manager in Gloucester is very bad
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAApril 21, 2018
I do not recommend working there .. the good employees are just about gone and all the lazy ones still work there .. manager is not there for you and is cut throat and unfair on all levels.so stressful there. If you like Drama,gossip,laziness then that’s. The place for you!
Pros
Cons
Lots
Epic Credential Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 21, 2018
I love the team work there. I was able to accomplished everything I set to do. Management worked with each other to achieve their goal. I would work there again.
Excellent place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 28, 2018
I'm a current employee at this hospital and I couldn't be happier with my job. This hospital has been very good to me. I have to express my gratitude to my current manager in Phlebotomy. This manager has gone above and beyond her main role in this department. I, an immigrant and naturalized citizen, can vouch that my boss believes in fairness above all else for all colleagues. Any department would be lucky to have her.
Stars tells all .. poor management poor work ethics
Clinical Associate... Patient liiason (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 27, 2018
I worked there for many years.I am very disappointed in the way things are done there now. Examples running out of supplies needed to perform Job . Difficulty getting breaks. Not supported by management. payroll constantly making mistakes .Equipment not working and not fixed for days .poor patient care.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Lots
Lahey is a terrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 11, 2018
I used to love working here. Now I am looking for an new job and place to work. No thanks . My manager is racist and she does not like imigrantes also.
Pros
Patient
Cons
Salary
Terrible place to work
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Bad management with no experience. The good reviews on here are lying. My manager lies on a regular basis. We don't get raises anymore and there is a hiring freeze because they cannot manage their money. I used to like working here when I didn't know better but now I hate it.
would not reccomend
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Lahey treats you like your worthless and there is no career advancement. They will toss you aside or blame stuff on you and use you as a scapegoat if anything goes wrong.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Burnout City
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Over the past four years more and more tasks have been put on Frontline staff with no decrease in other tasks and or productivity expectations. There was marginal to no support from management to prevent burnout. Productivity was the number one priority followed by documentation.
Pros
Free lunch, Nice area to work, Coworkers that are dedicated to help the population we served, Being able to work with an amazing population.
Cons
Lack of support from management to prevent burnout.. disempowerment of individual clinicians, lack of collaborative work among the team.
Very progressive and innovative
HIM EPIC Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 23, 2018
Lahey is a great place to work and very progressive. It is also a very wonderful culitute with strong leadership. I highly recommend and encourage others to be part of Lahey Health
Working at Lahey Health
Sr. HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 22, 2018
Currently enjoying my position in HRIS at Lahey. Though my background is purely functional, the HRIS group at Lahey is a bit more technical so I have a unique opportunity to gain more experience in that space.
Awful place
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 6, 2018
Management is indescribably horrible ! Money , money , money , the company's' motto. Lahey is not a company to work for if you have dignity and want to keep your dignity . Lahey is just such an awful agency . It is ones choice to associate yourself with such a disgraceful agency . Lahey sucks !
You’re a number with no support
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 26, 2017
Zero team work. Everyone’s just trying to get their daily tasks done instead of working as a team to be more efficient. ALWAYS understaffed. Patient care greatly suffers because of lack of staff and lack of teamwork.
Lahey Health
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 30, 2017
Been here for many years.
Seen several changes over time - good or bad.
But in the end we all take pride in making Lahey Health a successful health care facility.
Very poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 10, 2017
Have worked at my job for over ten years, and watched it go steadily downhill. Management fails on all levels. Upper management doesn’t want to be bothered, and when they do put a manager in they put one in that has run three employees out within 2 months. 2 of which were long time employees. It’s sad that I love what I do, but don’t feel supported in any way. It is a complete hostile, and toxic work environment now. I will say that I worked with amazing physicians, and I loved the patients.
Pros
Decent benefits if you use Lahey doctors.
Cons
Management, hard work isn’t appreciated, no bonuses or consistent raises, holidays come out of your earned time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.