Lahey Health
55Below average

Lahey Health Employee Reviews

United States117 reviews
this was by far the best job I've had in terms of relationships I made, the feeling of appreciation from your co-workers and manager goes a LONG way and can't say that about too many other places I've worked. It was hard to leave behind my co-workers and manager, but the commute and off site parking and having to take a shuttle to and from my car is what ultimately made me leave as I was averaging about a 90 minute loss to my day with the drive and wait time for the shuttle. (this was also 5 years ago, so i'm not sure if things are still the same)
Do not work for the division of Lahey that encompasses inpatient and ambulatory/outpatient mental health care. Management cannot be worse and multiple loyal, seasoned employees were dismissed like trash. You will work harder than you can imagine and never be compensated fairly. Mind-boggingly bad decisions are made by upper management that harm clients and employees alike. And there is no recourse for grievances. HR is a literal joke amongst employees.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, culture, compensation
Management is supportive and are always available. Professional colleagues make working here a pleasure. Compensation and benefits are competitive. Opportunities for growth.
Poor supervision, unorganized management who would have no idea what actually happens day to day. They changed software often without training. Overall very negative environment.
Es excelente hospital es bueno trabajar en el hospital Lahey clinic a mí me gusto trabajar mucho en el hospital trabaje un año y dos meses. Yo dejé el trabajo por motivo de un asunto personal familiar que tengo en mi casa nunca tuve problemas en el trabajo me encantó trabajar en el hospital y si me dieran la oportunidad yo llegaria a trabajar más con ellos en el hospital Lahey clinic
Pros
Emilia Figueroa
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
working with the dishes and proper cleaning, tray collecting to the patients, friendly crew as well the food service people. the hardest part is to stay on your feet for 8 hours but i learned the way and good pay as well. i enjoyed working there and miss my crew.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
you have to paid your lunch and no smoking allowed the campus.
I work in operating room, support. Very busy job and demanding. Always on your toes for any numerous issues. Always positioning patients or camera holding for certain surgeries.
Enjoyed the project with the Lahey team. Everyone I worked with over the project was great.

We were able to get the assignments completed and even added additional items, as needed.
They have non-clinical managing clinical. PCP office managers are a joke. Grossly incompetent.

services in PCP offices is a joke. Over worked and underpaid.
Cons
They will not pay you anything they promised upon hire and also a lot of work place harassment and discrimination going on there. I would never work there again
I was initially not pleased about the structure of position but later the quality of the job improved. The job allows the employee to take initiatives and apply educational knowledge to improve patient care.
Great company , great people , great management. My boss always made me feel like a valuable employee. We were rewarded for hard work and also didn’t have to jump though hoops if I needed time off
It’s been a please working for Lahey behavioral health . They take pride in continuing education with staff and keep current with new break throughs in healthcare ,
Flexible schedule, good pay and supportive work environment. Good opportunities to get into the healthcare field and gain valuable experience while you go to school.
Looking to transition to days after working 14 yrs overnights. Working overnights for long periods of time is extremely stressful and I feel I need to readjust my lifestyle
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Many cons
Staffing is problematic. Management does lip service to being patient and staff centered. However, in reality, there is little Leadership support for staff. Mandation for RNs can still be an issue on occasion.
Pros
Peer relationships
Cons
Few breaks, often missing lunch, poor staffing ratios.
This hospital is located close to home, and is off of 128 making it easily accessible. There is plenty of free employee parking. There is a Starbucks in the lobby.
Micromanagement, no place for advancement or appreciation. Tense environment with no respect to clinicians. Keep a low profile, say yes always, no discussions.
I have been at Lahey Health at Home since April. I find my co workers to be helpful and my manager very supportive. The managers on site and off site are clear about their needs, and I do my best to find them what they are looking for.
some parts are good, some not so good. I think pay should be more competitive with other hospitals. I make less than most hospitals. Benefits okay
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
healthcare
I worked as an Epic Analyst at Lahey Health for 3 years. During that time, we had a lot of people leave Lahey due to poor compensation, overwork, and poor management. After a while I had to leave as well as all of the good talent had left a while ago. Upper management is the problem, they would rather burn you out and replace you with a contractor rather than help develop you. WIth the merger with BIDMC, it will be interesting to see if more people jump ship.
Pros
Commuting out of the city, fellow employees are competent, get lots of experience
Cons
Inexperienced middle management, overworked, stiff upper management, only one day a week work from home, non-competitive salaries
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight