Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews

Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 8, 2019
Typical day.
Follow up on whatever is due on the day you are working.
Fill out applications for medical networks provider wanted to be enrolled with
Made phone calls for follow up information
Contact Providers for information needed
Pros
Nice office setting
Cons
manager was scattered
Excellent Hospital to work as RN with many opportunities for advancement
Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 28, 2019
Working as an RN here right out of school was more than I could have asked for. I came in through the Newly-Licensed Nurse Program and have learned so much and have many opportunities for career advancement. Management is very supportive. Staff morale is great.
Pleasant environment
MyChart Initiative Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 26, 2019
Interning at Lahey was a great experience where I was exposed to a number of opportunities to develop skills and gain experience. Great place to work if you want to help patients receive the best care possible.
Epic Project Coordinator / Workstation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2019
I worked there 9.5 years and learned a lot. I did have leadership roles but career advancement was stagnant. Nice job to finish your career with. It was a stable working environment for the most part.
Great MDs & NPs but poor management
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMarch 24, 2019
The providers, MDs & NPs were amazing but the management was horrendous. There was not autonomy and employees were never praised for a job well done.
Stressful
Provider Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 18, 2019
The management was scattered. Never followed through with me for the training I was suppose to receive and gave me other jobs to do that they could not keep up with.
Pros
Very good to me when husband was sick
Cons
should have better management
Relocated to smaller satellite office and it was a poor choice
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Manchester by the Sea, MAMarch 12, 2019
The hospitals are the locations to stay at. It is stressful at the hospital but standards are in place and they keep everything flowing comfortably. Wish I stayed in Burlington.
wonderful colleagues
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 12, 2019
the most enjoyable part of the job is the grateful patients and great colleagues.
the hardest part of the job is not having enough staff.
i like that everyday is different, I love being very busy
Room for Improvement
Registration and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Management and working condition could be better. There are some areas that definitely need some attention. Management could use some more training in various skills.
Great teaching hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 2, 2019
Great staff and great place to start off as a new RN. Coworkers work together as a team, which make for a better work environment. Pay was good and never had any trouble taking PTO.
work hard and mind your own business. keep your head down and eyes forward.
OR Support services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 2, 2019
its an old boys club. raises are precious few and far between.benefits are nice, short staffed and frequently given the option for overtime due to such. depending on what department you get into your co-workers could rock but it's really a roll of the dice. this is of course, speaking solely from a support services and trade technician standpoint speaking strictly from the OR.
Pros
overtime isn't mandatory, scrubs are comfy, the benefits are nice
Cons
short staffed, few raises, the work is intense
They always want more with no appreciation of one's hard work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 20, 2018
Lahey has become a company with a "I don't care what you've done, what can you do for me now" attitude. There is minimal to no opportunity for advancement or improving skills. There is no acknowledgement or appreciation of the hard work by employees, at all levels, when departments are short staffed. Continue push by Senior Management to force more and more from their staff with no reimbursement. The larger the hospital system becomes, the less they care about their hourly staff. They recently rewarded staff in the out patient, non-urgent departments for still coming in during a severe snow storm and seeing patients. They only care about their profit, not the patients or staff.
Pros
Decent insurance if you go to a Lahey provider; 2 personal days per year for full timers
Cons
Off site parking with shuttle, no advancement, no cost of living or merit increases, raises don't havppen yearly, look down and penalize those that try to improve themselves
Productive working environment with a great team focused atmosphere
Epic Orders Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 19, 2018
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center was a wonderful experience that allowed me to enhance my skills, while learning about advanced training methods including mentoring new Instructional Designers.
Hospital has become too large to maintain workforce
Claims Denial/Appeal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 19, 2018
Hospital has become too large to maintain complacent workforce. It has become about the numbers not the work environment any longer. The work life balance became undoable
growth
Medical Assistant Neurosurgery Department (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 12, 2018
Its a great place to gain experience and grow in the field. I enjoy working with the other medical assistants. They are helpful and make a great team. They're all very nice.
Patient Access Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 29, 2018
Worked in the admissions dept and Pre-certification department.
Registered patients for the elective surgeries, scheduled pre-ops and post-op appointments. Verified insurance and obtained pre-certification & authorizations for all procedures. In this position working with the insurance companies was sometimes tough-not all procedures were approved and I had to get the Doctors involved with the Medical Directors for approvals. Loved working with the patients
Pros
N/a
Cons
n?a
Challenging, fast-paced environment great for learning
Tertiary Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 10, 2018
Inpatient Med-surg nursing here is very fast-paced, challenging, and RN holds many responsibilities. It is possible to learn a great deal here, but it is not the environment for everyone. My immediate managers are fantastic but that may change from floor to floor. As with most any nursing job, there are great days and terrible days. Most RN's work 12 hr shifts and generally do not rotate. There is always availability for OT.
great place just a few adjustments needed
Professional Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 3, 2018
compensation and benefits could be better
new managment should be trainned and molded a bit more before placing in department and with staff
parking process is difficult
Great Teamwork
Nursing Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 1, 2018
Great teamwork between aides and RNs. Caring staff to patients and each other. Work load can be hectic at times. High stress due to high acuity floor. Good place to work.
I enjoyed working in the departments I worked in
Surgical Scheduler/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA and Peabody, MASeptember 26, 2018
I really liked the people I worked with at Lahey. The benefits were very good, however, they did not compensate for my skills and how valuable I was to the department. On the whole I am pleased with the opportunity, but desired more and decided to return to school in order to return to more direct pt care and nursing.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
The company adopted a "do more with less" attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Reviews by Location