Laird Plastics Employee Reviews

Good Company on the whole.. needs better leadership at local level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
The salary is fair but what makes it worth working for the company is the profit share. The profit sharing is a very real thing and can be life changing. The company has gone through a lot of changes since the new CEO took over last year. Like most jobs, the job is only as good as the person you are reporting to.
Pros
Profit Share
Cons
Local leadership
wonderful people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2018
This wasn't my field but was easy to get into. The people we're very nice and willing to train. I was able to get more skills that I didn't know before working here.
not a good work life balance
Import/Export Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
not a good work life balance
very poor management
not a good place to work
too many hours
not good for career advancement
would not recommend this organization
Enjoyable work experience
Specialist (Midwest Regional Graphic Manager) (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 15, 2018
Excellent management and customer service, wiling to help sales staff succeed. Fast paced sales environment have inbound and outbound sales calls. Facility was able to meet or exceed clients expectations to deliver material on time.
Pros
Fun fast pced work environment
Understaffed
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Stressful, Understaffed and Corporate Policy's weren't implemented as they should have been. Good company if managed properly. Good benefit package provided.
Great workplace and work life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2017
Great leadership and a focus on work life balance. Competitive, but not stressful. Management really cares about its employees. Awesome place to work.
Laird
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
Laird is a great place to work and learn the business. I think it is a great gateway into the potential of the business world. I was taught alot at laird and will carry it with me in my career.
Wonderful Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 9, 2017
I truly enjoyed my job. Always different day to day, great people, good pay and benefits, and advancement around every corner. My typical day was comprised of driving our business forward using a well thought out sales plan, as well as key vendor partnerships to make my people the most profit share as possible.

I learned how to strategically compete in a highly competitive market. We carved out value driven sales by differentiating my company, my people and our services from our competition.

Our management was unique in that we are a very flat organization. So, it was very important to put great, inspiring managers in the key roles (CEO, Regional Sales Managers, Area Sales Managers, etc). They were always trying to advance ones career, and to support their employees.

Our culture was one of decentralization, where each team member was responsible for their part of the growth of the company. However, we are also very team oriented. The culture was very solid.

For me the hardest part was that none of the locations were close to where I am from. We only left because we needed to be closer to home.

The best part of the job for me was when I was able to advance the career of one of my employees. He had aspirations of elevating himself, but did not know where to start. i gave him more and more responsibility, and he excelled. Then, an opportunity came around and he was MORE than qualified and got the job. It was a great moment for me.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Bad intracompany communication, due to the decentralization
10 hour days. no breaks or lunch scheduled. take them when you can. Fast paced with no room for error. All customers are on demand and unforgiving.
Sales / Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2017
Great company to work for, depending on location and industry. Las Vegas location requires an on call rotating schedule and availability 24/7 for only one customer, which interferes with your family time. Positives are sick leave, paid vacation, profit share program and comp days for those who give it their all, and care about the respectful position at hand. Great benefits, 401K and profit share. Great upper management. Family first and value orientated. Overall a good company to work for with job security and room for advancement.
Pros
Profit Share
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, on call 24/7
Buena empresa
Chofer (Former Employee) –  15825 nw 15 th ave miami gardensFebruary 28, 2017
Hay un buen ambiente laboral y hay una buena comunicación entre los superiores y los obreros
Great company to work for with excellent beniefits.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Growing Plastic Distribution Company with over 65 locations in North America and the BEST Vendor alliances and relationships. Many self improvement opportunities and strong values of honesty and integrity.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I learned a lot of integrity working with the President and CEO of Laird Plastics. I managed highly confidential information,and provided Administrative assistant to executives.
Pros
Good Leadership, Profit sharing
Cons
Corporate headquarters relocated out of state
Productive and very professional place to work
Senior Inventory/Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2016
I am excellent at keeping written information about my assignments and projects. I meet all company standards for attendance and punctuality. I have a calm personality to keep an even attitude. When a major problem arises, I use creative problem solving to look at different sides of an issue.I am clearly good at communication as evidenced by my effectiveness in resolving problems. I like to build trust with my team by being a positive force on the team, congratulating high performers on successes, and working with those that need assistance to improve.
small workforce nice atmosphere.
Fabrication Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2015
everyday is a new experience. good people good enviroment to work in,as well it being neat and clean. I think they will be around for a long time.
handling the daily shipping and receiving tasks
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2015
handled the daily shipping and receiving tasks. Drove a sit down counterbalance forklift with 6 foot forks. Handled approximately 600 sku's. Most enjoyable part of the day would be the fact that i worked by myself and the pace that i worked at optimized my productivity. hardest part of the job was catching the constant errors made on the pick slips by the sales rep and having to halt productivity to have her properly adjust the orders so that way inventory was correct.
Pros
perfect hours, no weekend overtime, great benefits
Cons
extremely intolerant coworkers, warehouse was not osha safe
Forward thinking distributor
Director Environmental Affairs (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMarch 4, 2015
Laird Plastics is the largest independent plastics distributor in North America, with over 60 service centers throughout the US and Canada. The business distributes a full line of semi-finished and finished products as a key market channel for many of the world’s largest plastic manufactures. In addition, Laird is the only distributor with a business unit solely dedicated to plastic recycling and sustainable supply chain management (LP R∙E∙C).

As the creative force behind LP REC I was able to convey an important customer concern to leadership, and have that concept translated into a profitable, stand alone business. The Environmental Division helped differentiate Laird Plastics in the marketplace, and transformed the brand image. Challenges were many, as we serviced hundreds of customers throughout North America, but the reward and progress far outweighed any hardship.
Pros
Continuous Improvement, Empowerment at all levels
Cons
Decentralized business model
Challenging exciting sales closes
Inside Sales / Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 6, 2013
Excelled in project management for ideas from conception, to producing finished parts for aerospace industry
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Heavy work load of Accounts Payable daily. Tough workplace environment among employees.
Pros
paid fair wages
Cons
Most employees felt they were overloaded with work. No support from management.
Sales Graphic Products
Graphic Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2013
A lot of issues with the local branch.
Learned a lot about materials.
Laird Plastics
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Laird Plastics is a great company, well maintained & wonderful people.
Pros
Great co-workers, Extensive training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laird Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.