Lajitas Golf Resort Employee Reviews

Ok
Housekeeper, Front Desk clerk, And hostess. (Former Employee) –  Lajitas, TXMay 3, 2018
Ok to work for if you can get in and not wanting to move up the chain for ten years. It is small town and there are a lot of rules to work and live there. the rest of the lower crew are great and mak it wroth working there.
Challenging and Rewarding
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lajitas, TXOctober 17, 2017
Our staff was great, we had great people who gave their best. The administrative responsibilities in our department were vast and crucial and there was a lot of work to do every day and every week. The workplace culture varies greatly depending on the department you work in. The hardest part of my job was trying to reduce and respond to turn-over. The most enjoyable part of my job was my boss and all my coworkers, and although remote, the location is pretty spectacular.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted or free employee housing
Cons
The extended time in a remote location can be difficult if you are a city person
This Place Will Use You Up and Spit You Out
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Lajitas, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Apparently, once upon a time this used to be a fun place to work. Not any longer. Now they will just use you up until you have nothing left. No raises, no real perks, employee pool hasn't worked all summer, employee laundry facilities are constantly broke down, and really, the whole place is falling apart. If you express any concern to management about anything..then you get blacklisted. Employee morale is so low it can't get any lower. You get no appreciation for a job well done and no recognition for anything..except if you do something wrong..then they notice you..maybe.
The management is the worst I've ever seen. I can't recommend this place to anyone..unless your a glutton for punishment.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Scenic place to live and great place to explore.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Terlingua, TXNovember 6, 2015
A fun place to work with fantastic views of the Texas desert southwest and the Big Bend National Park. With no Front Desk Manager nor Hotel Manager it was trying at times but the friendships I made and the scenic views made it an overall a fun place to work. The resort manager is professional and a hard worker but stretched a little to much as he is expected to oversee the hotel as well as the rest of the property. My favorite part of the day was walking home after work and enjoying the beautiful night sky.
Pros
Free lunch and scenic views
Cons
Lack of hotel management, extremely secluded