LaJoy Group Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and very unsupportive
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Lowell, INJune 4, 2019
Worked for LaJoy and after a 12 hour shift, and training someone while at work, I received a text to call. I called and was told I didn't have to go back. When asked why, she didn't know. Didn't offer an explanation or to try and help me find other work. The job was easy and I was very capable, they wouldn't have me training others if this were not true. Never heard from them again. TERRIBLE COMPANY, NOT A STABLE PLACE TO WORK FOR. STAY AWAY OR BE DISAPPOINTED!
Pros
Cons
The company
Poor Management with ladies that are too young to manage
recruiter (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 19, 2019
My experience was ahort. After the first week I knew it wasn't a fit for me. I was monitored and micromanaged excessively to the point where every single phone call I made or interview made it was listened in on. When you try and ask a question for clarity their reponse was more condensing without actually answering. No or little training very unorganized. The way they selected staff for the good paying jobs made you wonder why no discrimination charges was not brought up. They switch titles for the same position. But dependant on who showed up got the lower paying jobs buy will be actually performing the same job as their counter part. Years ago when they were in Canton I saw the same thing. Not sure how some were given the title of manager. If you monitor their postings you will swe the same internal position reappearing. Got to be management
Pros
Cons
Managemenr
Horrible
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2019
I worked my first week and you have to turn in your paperwork in order to get paid I never got paid at all they will give you people that’s like 50miles away from one another I didn’t like this job at all and they call you in the middle other the day to work like you don’t have a life poor job
Cons
Decent work, but not much opportunity for advancement.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 13, 2019
LaJoy is an employment agency so this review isn't exactly pertinent to the environment I worked in. It's a decent company that provided great health benefits as well as a 401K opportunity.
Stressful
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 24, 2019
Management was untruthful in how they asked us to hire caregivers. Terrible pay and long hours. Minimal training for the office staff and exactly zero room for advancement. Management blames you for the consequences of their decisions and does not take suggestions, even when they aren't in the area to understand what is going on.
Pros
Cons
Rude management, stress, no collaboration
I just love the Bay City office
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 4, 2019
loved working for everyone choked up when i decided to reside in oklahoma and continue my career at another company .. They worked with me on so much they are all amazing bosses
Pros
flexable work hours..communication..good pay..
Good for Extra Change
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 16, 2018
Company does not communicate with its employees. If you have questions or concerns, it is hard to know who to talk to. Company is disorganized. When I went for drug screening, no one knew what screening panels was needed when the lab called them. They said they think and they guess which is what made the lab confused as of this was a real company. And this is just one example of many issues. I ended up looking for something better and got hired with Mondelez and resigned from LaJoy Group. Good way to make some extra change just don’t t expect anything and you’ll be fine.
Pros
Flexibility in start time
Cons
Management is almost nonexistent
Great Place to Work For
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 4, 2018
I have been with LaJoy Group for over a year and it has been a great place to work. Everyone is up beat and positive with a great attitude. All staff members are very friendly and always willing to help out.
Pros
work life balance, great bosses
Outstanding place to work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2018
LaJoy Group is an outstanding place to work! The management and owners are involved in the day to day and are professional, positive, and flexible. The team works together and strives to provide great customer service!!
A great place to work!
Onboarding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2018
A great place to work! Everyone is very helpful and friendly, I have been with the company over 3 years and love what I do! I would recommend LaJoy Group to anyone.
Just pure B.S.
Overnight loader (Former Employee) –  West chicagoNovember 19, 2018
The loads get there late every night the supervisor is a total goof not boss material at all one of the managers is cool the other is a hard wanna be boss. I started with working 12hr days to working 2 hrs a day no one isn't sure of anything lajoy doesn't do much to help problems at the branch don't get solved till weeks or months later. They had the nerve to tell me 35 hrs is a full time schedule lol nah nah slick this is a dead end job. I got fired because the manager lied and wrongfully terminated me.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
Then the pay wasn't good
Run
Health aide (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 29, 2018
Was called insessantly even for jobs that wouldn't work with the schedule I gave them. When I finally took a job, I got a call an hour later saying someone else "called" that job before me and they gave it to her instead. It was ridiculous!
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
Caregiver aka Personal Slave
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 24, 2018
This job was very much temporary for me. Just a job until I found better employment. They are very unprofessional, interview/orientation was messy and all over the place. They do not train you whatsoever. I told management I had no experience in caregiving whatsoever. I was still hired and expected to go to a clients home and tend to them. I sure would not let Lajoy Group tend to my grandparents. Management could at least come with you to your first clients home just to train and show you the right or wrongs. Don't send untrained employees to take care of clients, anything can happen. Good thing about the company is you receive texts with clients homes you can go to. So your schedule can be as flexible as you want.
Pros
gets to pick your own schedule, only has to work 3 shifts to be considered active, fill out paperwork just to get paid each week
Cons
unprofesional, no training, too much communication between management and employee, pushy clients, paid weekly
Beware of wrongful termination
Vacation Relief (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 6, 2018
This company will lure you in with good hopes but have scam like intentions. They will have you leave your employment only to terminate you when you get to their company. After working for Aunt Millies for two weeks I was terminated due to not catching on which I know is not true. My trainers never mentioned anything to me and let me remind you that I never officially completed training. I feel I was terminated because someone felt threatened by my abilities.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Stability
hardest part of the job
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job is meeting the new clients and getting them to feel comfortable around you as their caregiver. It is akward going to a new house and learning where everything is and where items are located
I wouldnt work here unless it was your last option.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Jackson miSeptember 23, 2018
I worked for this company for two years. The first year was in charlotte. I had no problems and liked what i did except for the 45 minute commute i was making daily. Due to transportation i transferred to jackson. Worst mistake yet. I worked in big chains stores (meijer, pollys, walmart.). First the chain stores would call and make false reports. For instance, i was at the store filling bread. My boss called and asked why another employee had to stock my product. This in no way was true due to the fact i was there stocking already. Then on seperate instances the store would call and say that i was listening to music. Mind now these stores prodcast music as your there. Because of these instances the company i had worked for for two years called me on my day off and ended my assignment as of immediately. No warnings no time to find employment. Just ended it over the phone. Think twice before you get employed with this company. You will not have any weekends off and sunday is hectic. I could barely afford to pay my bills. I would have to let one bill slide to pay another. I also have kids and try raising a kid on their salary. Not gonna happen. I had to supplement with being on assistance while i worked here. I couldnt afford to pay my bills and buy groceries. All around probably the worst ive been treated as an employee.
Friendly, helpful office staff
Home help Aide (Current Employee) –  Warren MISeptember 10, 2018
I've worked at Lajoy for a few years, all though the pay could be slightly better, the company overall is great to work for. The Warren office staff is so helpful and friendly. I have enjoyed working with this company and recommend others would too.
Pros
Great office staff in Warren, Mi
Cons
Pay could be slightly better
Love working here
Certified Nursing Assistant, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 28, 2018
The office workers and team were wonderful. Fantastic support from the office when needed. Supplies are always available for pick up at the office. However, you will have to drop off your time sheet and log into the office.
Pros
Caring environment.
Cons
Pay is poor. Shuns overtime.
Pay is low this is only good for a second job
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 23, 2018
Office staff are very disrespectful at the warren location in michigan very unprofessional.Seems like they hire staff in office rite off the streets with no education at all
Pros
You work alone
Cons
Low pay, horrible office staff
It does allow plenty for freedom
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 23, 2018
It does allow plenty of time for freedom being it's only part time regardless. I do love doing what I do. I know I'm helping people, and that gives my pleasure.
Pros
To much freedom
Cons
To little PAY FOR THE WORK REQUIRED

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaJoy Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight