Lake Charles Memorial Health System Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Exposed me to the field of healthcare, learned lots of information to advance myself
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work, team-oriented staff, wonderful people dedicated to providing a better healthcare experience. Newly renovated interior as well boosts asthetic
Worse management in my life of working
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 2, 2018
This job is full of anxiety due to management. Working in the ER was the most stressful , unorganized, cliqued up co workers i ever worked for ever...
Pros
Met a lot of greet co workers in various departments
Cons
Rushed lunch breaks, always short staffed, rude management
productive great environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 8, 2017
there is room for improvement, work with staff that is advancing there education, great benefits, insurance, aways have room to keep you up to date staff is great
Uncertainty and Lack of Leadership
Would rather not disclose position (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 26, 2017
With management never coordinating, lack of doctors, different stories from every angle and constantly cutting hours, this place is basically going to cause me to have a nervous breakdown. They hired me for full time and last week I worked 13.46 hours. They don't even try to get hours for the full time employees. No one will give you a straight answer about anything when you ask for information on the future of the clinic.
Pros
LOTS of free time since you won't be getting all your hours
Cons
Alot of rumor mill, whispering, and uncertainty.
Worst place i've ever worked.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 20, 2017
Worked in the lab and let's just say you slave for pennies. I've never seen a job pay so poor for the work you perform. Take my advice and continue searching for jobs. The human resources department has to be the worst in the whole state!
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Pay, work, human resource, turn over rate, working in the lab, everything
Productive and overall good place to work until theu outsourced our work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 13, 2017
Enjoyable workplace with good benefits. Worked for them in house and also with an outsource company, but was all kept local. Then they totally outsourced with company where you no longer got work from your hospital but several different hospitals in US.
Good workplace, good benefits
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2017
LCMH is a good place to work. There are many great benefits to working in a community hospital. The community hospitals take care of the community and are not "for-profit".
Lab needs improvement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 7, 2017
No team work in the lab and the management is horrible. The hospital itself is a great place. Lab starts u off at 10 if prn. 9 if full time. For the work load and the way they treat you it's not worth it at all. Management also plays favoritism toward certain employees. Things they get by with, you wouldn't. You work 7 hours before u even get a lunch.
Pros
Lunches are cheap in cafe.
Cons
No breaks.
Plenty of work to be done but have a constant work load and understaffed
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 14, 2016
The hospital alone can be a great place to work but in the lab alone needs lots of work starting with management. Management shows favoritism towards certain co-workers and their are a lot of loop holes to go through depending on if they like you. Co-workers don't display enough team work especially for first time phlebotomist. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out and hospitality amongst other departments.
Pros
The hospital overall shows great hospitality
Cons
constant turnovers, bad break system
Good company to work for
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 19, 2016
Lake Charles Memorial is a great company to work for. They are family oriented and care for their employees. The pay is not enough for a single parent to survive on.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
not enough compensation
Crazy
Lab (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 23, 2016
It's an okay place to work. Pay sucks, but I loved what I did. Only "raise" I got was 28 cents. Delt with too much for so little pay. Working hard for basically nothing. But I loved my co workers, they made my shift worth it. I would never wanna go back for such a low pay.
Pros
Cafetieria discounts (kind of)
Cons
Management always asking for favors for coverage, low pay.
fun and productive work place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 22, 2016
a typical day is hectic I learned to multi task the hardest partof the job is the hours and all the call the most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients and Iworked with a great group of people
The IT Department was great and well educational
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 15, 2016
At Lake Charles Memorial, I learned about how to upgrade all PCs to another Windows. The staff I worked with knew how to have a great time while at work. It was always busy with people putting in tickets about there PC problems and we would get each task done. Although my time there as an intern was only short lived I would love to work there again as a full-time employee.