Lake Charles Memorial Health System Employee Reviews

Poor
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 16, 2018
Very poor place of work, no focus on employees. You are just a number there. They will always pay you less than anyone in the hospital/local area and will not give raises when deserved.
Registered Nurse, Acute Care Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job very much even though it was a long drive from my home. I made the decision to resign after a substantial rain flooded all of the streets surrounding the hospital. Getting to and from work proved to be too much of a challenge.
Unorganized and lack of patient care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emergency roomOctober 4, 2018
LCMH use to be a great place to work. Since new management it's gotten horrible. I wouldn't take my dog there for care in the ER. The director is terrible the clinical manager is a big bully. No one has respect for anyone therefore the patients suffer. They have techs practicing out of there scope of practice, starting IV's and pushing meds. I recommend you keep looking.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short breaks or none, cliquey, poor management
Poor organization as well as management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 3, 2018
It went down hill when the new Administration came in. They don't care about the staff therefore the patients suffer. The new Director knows nothing and the clinical manager is a bully. No consistency what so ever.
Productive work place, lots of gossip and underneath employees
no longer employed (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 25, 2018
I worked for 2 months not even making my evaluation for the company and was let go. I was not feeling well , manager thought I was faking I mean really I have never done something like that. Handed me a box and said not working out bye. Told company I quit and left which was not true and had discussions with me bout my personal life that was a problem for me to fix me and my family. I didn't want to leave, wanted to do my job and help patients like I did for over 10+ years. They had a lot of gossiping and employees got you into trouble almost everyday didn't want to help you. I don't recommend certain clinic
Pros
friendly patients
Cons
back stabbing, bad management, talk about people out loud
Working on getting out of this place as we speak
Nope (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 17, 2018
Our current manager is the worst employee ever. NEVER in my 20+ yrs experience have I ever worked where management treated everyone but her few favorites like a 5 yr old. She is the worst. Previous manager was AWESOME. Loved going to work EVERY day. Now force myself due to her inability to manage. Up VP's butt and my patient care is severally suffering due to OT issues. People are leaving EVERY week and no one is being replaced so manager can MAKE HER BONUS. Love my patients and the Doctor I work for and THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I am still there. I'm not the only one that every day struggles with the incompetence of 1 manager. Pay stinks and people coming out of high school are making more then experienced employees. Someone needs to wake up and pay attention as many of its current employees at this clinic slowly watch our patients leave due to their health not being #1 priority because of one manager.
Pros
Nothing, only saving grace for me is my patients that haven't changed doctors, and the excellent doctor I work for.
challenging
Representative and For-profit environments (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 11, 2018
The position was self challenging which I enjoyed. My co-workers made me really enjoy my job, the way it was micro managed was very unnecessary. I rathered my older manager then the one that was there when I left.
Was a good company to work for too much favoritism toward other employees
Plant operations mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 4, 2018
Was a good company to work for lot of changes in management for the worse, too much favoritism toward certain employees, for all the responsibility that was given to me for taking care of 4 facilities they refuse to acknowledge all that I do and to compensate me for it.
Pros
Did get 50% discount in cafe
Cons
No breaks
help increase my skills
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 22, 2018
working at the hospital helped me increase my phlebotomy skills. i was having a lot of medical problems and they worked with me. at the end i had no choice but to resign my position. i have since resolved my medical problems and would work there again if given the chance
Steps student worker
Operating Room Technician STEPS (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 20, 2018
Worked as an Operating room Technician, along surgeons and observed various surgeries during my time there while in Nursing school. Great Experience!!
Productive and fun
RN Staff, MICU (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 17, 2018
High level of care. Learning opportunities. New area. Changes in style of work. Self scheduling. Great people to work with and very helpful. Open door policy.
Pros
Fun productive
Cons
Travel
Keeps you busy and fast paced.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day keeps you pretty busy and time tends to fly by and that's what makes your job the best. We also had something to do and it was a feeling of accomplishment to be praised.
Reveiw
Patient Care Specialist Floater (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 7, 2018
A typical day was fast paced and full of work. I learned a lot about patient medical records, reception work, and several other aspects. The management I had was from different levels. The hardest part of the job is late hours and no benefits for temp positions. The most enjoyable was the interaction I had with patients.
Pros
Fast, but relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Only a temp position
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 26, 2018
First exposure to healthcare, was able to work well with eveyrone on staff. Everyone was committed to training me and always there to help. Great place to start a career.
Poor management
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 24, 2018
Management is poor and mediocrity is awarded here. Days are stressful dealing with some physicians. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with patients.
Over worked and under paid
Radiologic Technologist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70601July 11, 2018
Understaffed and over worked. Patients are a number, management doesn't want to hear concerns/problems. Negative work culture, not a teamwork environment.
Sterile Processing
Sterile Processing Technician Q&A (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 23, 2018
You have to form your own option. Every body will not get along , but that is human nature. You will learn something new every day.
The department is a family for the most part.
Great for entry level employee's, but that's as far as you'll get!
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 3, 2018
Has a preferential for hiring entry level vs experienced professionals. Salary was not competitive w/ what others in same profession were making at other hospitals w/in the city. Management lacked good leadership skills.
I enjoyed the people at this job. But the job it self was rough due to the manager I had.
Facility Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 1, 2018
As far as the health care side of this company they were great. but the facility side of this company is horrible. corners are cut and there is very little chance for advancement of improvement.
I have no comment, It was okay but to much office politics
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 30, 2018
I have no comment for review. It was an okay job but nothing great about it. My opinion is that the hospital could be better run. Less office politics.
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
office politics