Lake Charles Memorial Health System Employee Reviews

Medical Record Clerk
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 12, 2019
I am a Medical Records Clerk I have learn good organizationl skilld and how to be professional and courteous. I learn how to mange doctor records and emr records the hardest part is not be able to move around as much but I enjoy preparing records
Pros
How to be organized
Cons
Not be able to move around as much
good first job
Surgical ICU & Medical ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 20, 2019
The supervisor was an understanding & caring person. My co-workers are great. Do not like the pull to different floors system. The care provided to patients here are better than other competitive hospitals.
its alright to work
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 13, 2019
friendly coworkers to work with. management is i guess ok but could be better. need to work on employee retention since a lot of them tend to quit after working few months.
This job was ok
Managed Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 12, 2019
Everyday it was a different feeling, some days of course were better than others. Management could've been a little more involved and observant. Extremely grateful for all opportunities.
Poor ethics
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 3, 2019
Too many cliques. People gossip constantly. If you ever resign from this company, make sure your manager sends the right paperwork to HR. Human resources didn't know I had resigned for 3 weeks.
no pay grade
Medical Assistant Float (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 14, 2018
the pay you are hired with is the pay you keep til you retire or decide to leave. there is zero room for growth. the doctors are very rude to work for and will talk to you like a kid. they look down on you and don't understand that you are there to assist them. I was a float and would sometimes be thrown in a position I was never trained in therefore if a mistake was made I was automatically to blame. management would talk to you like a child and would give you a cold shoulder if you had to call in sick. management also had their favorites.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no raises, no lunch breaks
Lazy Management, Gossip Prone Office, LCMH shows no care for employees
Billing officf (Former Employee) –  Billing officeDecember 11, 2018
Management of billing office is very poor!! They allow gossip to circle the office. Employee’s do as they wish if they are the pet’s. If you are not liked & you can not catch on when you are trained by other non management workers-then you will be let go! Management is so lazy that they push you off to be trained by other worker’s. Sad sad place & LCMH doesn’t care about your feelings if you are a loyal long time employee! You are just a digit in their book!!!
Pros
1/2 emp. Discount for lunches
Cons
Bad management, poor parking, gossip environment
Poor
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 16, 2018
Very poor place of work, no focus on employees. You are just a number there. They will always pay you less than anyone in the hospital/local area and will not give raises when deserved.
Registered Nurse, Acute Care Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job very much even though it was a long drive from my home. I made the decision to resign after a substantial rain flooded all of the streets surrounding the hospital. Getting to and from work proved to be too much of a challenge.
I have enjoyed working at LCMH
Monitor tech/Unit tech (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 25, 2018
I appreciate the learning opportunities that I have had working here at LCMH. It has helped me to become more knowledgeable in my career path and life in general.
Unorganized and lack of patient care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emergency roomOctober 4, 2018
LCMH use to be a great place to work. Since new management it's gotten horrible. I wouldn't take my dog there for care in the ER. The director is terrible the clinical manager is a big bully. No one has respect for anyone therefore the patients suffer. They have techs practicing out of there scope of practice, starting IV's and pushing meds. I recommend you keep looking.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short breaks or none, cliquey, poor management
Poor organization as well as management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 3, 2018
It went down hill when the new Administration came in. They don't care about the staff therefore the patients suffer. The new Director knows nothing and the clinical manager is a bully. No consistency what so ever.
Productive work place, lots of gossip and underneath employees
no longer employed (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 25, 2018
I worked for 2 months not even making my evaluation for the company and was let go. I was not feeling well , manager thought I was faking I mean really I have never done something like that. Handed me a box and said not working out bye. Told company I quit and left which was not true and had discussions with me bout my personal life that was a problem for me to fix me and my family. I didn't want to leave, wanted to do my job and help patients like I did for over 10+ years. They had a lot of gossiping and employees got you into trouble almost everyday didn't want to help you. I don't recommend certain clinic
Pros
friendly patients
Cons
back stabbing, bad management, talk about people out loud
Working on getting out of this place as we speak
Nope (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 17, 2018
Our current manager is the worst employee ever. NEVER in my 20+ yrs experience have I ever worked where management treated everyone but her few favorites like a 5 yr old. She is the worst. Previous manager was AWESOME. Loved going to work EVERY day. Now force myself due to her inability to manage. Up VP's butt and my patient care is severally suffering due to OT issues. People are leaving EVERY week and no one is being replaced so manager can MAKE HER BONUS. Love my patients and the Doctor I work for and THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I am still there. I'm not the only one that every day struggles with the incompetence of 1 manager. Pay stinks and people coming out of high school are making more then experienced employees. Someone needs to wake up and pay attention as many of its current employees at this clinic slowly watch our patients leave due to their health not being #1 priority because of one manager.
Pros
Nothing, only saving grace for me is my patients that haven't changed doctors, and the excellent doctor I work for.
challenging
Representative and For-profit environments (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 11, 2018
The position was self challenging which I enjoyed. My co-workers made me really enjoy my job, the way it was micro managed was very unnecessary. I rathered my older manager then the one that was there when I left.
Was a good company to work for too much favoritism toward other employees
Plant operations mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 4, 2018
Was a good company to work for lot of changes in management for the worse, too much favoritism toward certain employees, for all the responsibility that was given to me for taking care of 4 facilities they refuse to acknowledge all that I do and to compensate me for it.
Pros
Did get 50% discount in cafe
Cons
No breaks
help increase my skills
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 22, 2018
working at the hospital helped me increase my phlebotomy skills. i was having a lot of medical problems and they worked with me. at the end i had no choice but to resign my position. i have since resolved my medical problems and would work there again if given the chance
Steps student worker
Operating Room Technician STEPS (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 20, 2018
Worked as an Operating room Technician, along surgeons and observed various surgeries during my time there while in Nursing school. Great Experience!!
Productive and fun
RN Staff, MICU (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 17, 2018
High level of care. Learning opportunities. New area. Changes in style of work. Self scheduling. Great people to work with and very helpful. Open door policy.
Pros
Fun productive
Cons
Travel
Keeps you busy and fast paced.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day keeps you pretty busy and time tends to fly by and that's what makes your job the best. We also had something to do and it was a feeling of accomplishment to be praised.