Lake County, IL Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Finance dept (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 27, 2019
Hostile work environment. Poor management. Management does not know or understand billing process or procedures. Management have poor computer skills. Management takes credit for employees ideas. This is the worst management and company I've ever worked for. High employee turnover in finance department.
I would not recommend working here.
Pros
No pros for this company
Cons
Hostile work environment
Decent
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 23, 2018
I have worked in many correctional facilities and this is the first one that you as an (non-corrections) person can walk in and be treated like a person and not an inmate.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None right now
Great Coperation but no bonus at all
Health care provider (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILFebruary 14, 2018
The managers are so pushy. I was in a primary care and they did not care about the quality of care you wanted for the patients. they cared about the numbers only. you are hired on your degree and talent and then once in the clinic you could not perform. they jam packed patients that you had no time for lunch. the staff was not properly trained so it was stressful to deliver care. the equipment was so old and poor quality that you could not count on it. they would break all the time. don't believe the clinical reviews cause they are fake. if you reported of a malfunction or a problem they would bully you and this is why I left.
Pros
lots of patients
Cons
time off
Great job
MD (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
You have to keep up with patient labs even after hours but has it’s benefits it’s great if you work flex but people are what makes it great. You will be at different clinics if this is what you like.
Pros
Contract hours
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced environment
Skilled Laborer, Various Staffing Agencies (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Prepared the set-up to run the new product, check for all the materials needed to to the job. Took samples and delivered them to qc for approval and and prepared labels, boxes and and pallets
Pros
No working refrigerator or microwave oven
Cons
Short breaks
Lake County Facilities
Operating Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Winchester HouseNovember 14, 2017
I worked for Lake County Facilities.
I like my co worker's even though some of them were Packer fan's and Republican's they were very helpful and cooperative.
My supervisor was one of the best Operating Engineer's I ever worked for very cooperative and helpful person.The suit's above not so much.
We did everything plumbing,painting,boiler work,chiller work,plowed snow etc.
It was a IUOE #150 job.So the benefit's were great medical,dental,holiday's,vacation,IMRF pension and overtime.
Now there's always a now , the starting pay is to low that's the only reason I didn't stay I worked there 3 years's and 11 month's.
Pros
Benefit's
Cons
Low starting pay
Better management is needed
Health care provider (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 18, 2017
Lake county really can use good management team. Often there is a lot of favoritism to the extreme that outcasts good staff and providers . It used to be more people oriented and everyone was eager to do more than the pay. But sadly it is run like a cooperation and numbers matter more.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 24, 2017
Being a substitute in the Lake county area, I have been able to get into the classrooms of some of the greatest performing schools not only in the state of Illinois, but in the US. It has been an incredible experience
Amazing Staff
Court Appointed Special Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lake County, ILMay 18, 2017
The staff is amazing and support each other. Work is tough and they make it a place where you want to be! Volunteering at such a great organization is very rewarding and it's nice knowing you're changing a life.
Very reguarding, satisfied to know that you were able to help somebody.
Medial Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 18, 2016
Busy all day
Learn about Culture values
Management where very grateful for my help
Feel very appreciated by the staff
I wish I was able to help them more.
Very satisfied to be able to help
Pros
Work with different people
Cons
no salary
An excellent introduction into Public Health Nursing because of the exemplars I learned from.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake County, ILSeptember 23, 2013
I chose a Public Health job because of the hours: I needed week-day hours because I had three young children and my husband was being deployed. We needed my income; I had to work and I like being a nurse. My co-workers were all more experienced than I and were willing to discuss cases and give me pointers. I learned a new format of charting. Our supervising nurse was one who was a nurse-midwife and had ridden horse-back into the mountains of in Eastern States to deliver babies and care for the mothers after delivery. She had such an air of competence, we could go to her with any problem. She used my personal financial circumstances to argue before the county board for raises for all the nurses. The hardest part of the job was feeling i needed to do more to improve lifestyles. The most enjoyable was working with mothers and their newborn babies.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, allowed to have independent thinking and actions, co-workers respect my knowledge and problem-solving skills, ability to work with mothers and newborn babies
Cons
Leaving my own children to teach others how to be better mothers. poor pay, long commute times to client's homes.
Exciting if you love the American process
Election Judge & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IllinoisJuly 8, 2012
This job involved working with knowledgable and fun people, traveling the county, and understanding how important the vote really is. There were chances to advance which I couldn't take due to family considerations, but that made it a great place to work. Flexibility was key except for election day itself.
Pros
fine people, fine task.
Cons
county red tape and bureaucracy, but relatively little.