Lake District Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to get experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, ORMay 29, 2018
Easy environment to work in, /management was okay and got worse when it was handed over to assistant manager who had no training and really worked the kitchen the way she wanted to and was not being fair to employees.
Good first step
Manager of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Lakeview, OR 97630April 19, 2018
I learned some new things which helped improve my skills. I was also given the chance to move up which added to my skills as well. I am glad for the chance to have worked here.
very nice community
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, ORMarch 27, 2018
Staff worked well with one another. As the only staffed respiratory therapist you had to be resource person for msg,ect. Had to be able to work independently.
Pros
work 1 week and off 1 week
Cons
long hours being on call after work.
Drama Filled
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, OR 97630February 7, 2018
When it comes to working together as a team, this hospital doesn't even know what the defeinition of teamwork. It is everybody for themselves and feels like some employees spend their entire shift finding something to talk bad about or complain about. Never have I been in an environment where no one takes the blame honestly. The most common phrase I would hear is " That's not my job to do." Utter lack of respect for any and all departments. Not just my department, every department talked bad about everyone.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Forced benefits, Lack of respect, get in trouble for doing over time, 24hr complaining
MLT (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, ORMay 29, 2016
the balance between private life and work is poor. You pretty much live to work. On Call a lot. Everyone at work helps each other and the HR dept is very accessible, The town is small and you have to travel to get anything other than groceries.
Pros
new enviroment
Cons
no home life
Lake District Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, ORMay 17, 2014
My position was inpatient pharmacy was extremely rewarding. After 2 years of on-the-job experience, I studied for the PTCB exam and passed and became a certified pharmacy technician. My role was unique in that I was the only technician with one managing pharmacist. Because of this, my duties encompassed all areas of the pharmacy. Over the years, the hardest part of the job was the turnover in pharmacist due to the rural location of the hospital. The final 5 years were the most rewarding as I worked for 2 pharmacists who mentored me and allowed me to work independently with minimal supervision.