Lake Granbury Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and Fun Workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (student) (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMarch 5, 2018
I was a full time employee so I worked around 40 hours a week usually four days per week. You are expected to treat all patients equally and with respect.
good people
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TX 76048October 1, 2017
ensuring staff is in place and quality of work was good
Management disrespectful
good co workers
last management was hard to work for
my co workers were great
Pros
needs better mangement
Cons
good coworkers and benefits
Job description. Checking in patients and job duties.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of checking in patients, verifying insurance and benefits, collecting patient information, adding required information into the computer, and collecting payments. What I learned, is about insurance policies. How to figure out, out of pocket and deductible to come up with what the patient owed for the procedure, and or ER visit. When I started I was under a great supervisor. I would have to say she is the best boss I have personally ever had. She was very strict, but also kind. The hardest part of my job was seeing sick/hurt patients. I would just be understanding and patient with them, always being kind, even if the patient was not. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new and interesting people everyday, and doing my part in making their day go a little easier/better.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday. Helping people.
Cons
Short breaks, no down time.
Patient care/safety is not a priority; its all about the $
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 8, 2017
If you are looking for a place with lots of overtime, this is it. But, you will constantly work short staffed in unsafe conditions. All that matters are the numbers on a spread sheet. Lots of inexperienced clinical staff and hospitalists. I would not want my family or friends to be patients in this facility unless it was in OB. Clinical staff are not valued or appreciated. Upper management acts completely blind-folded to the high dissatisfaction of clinical staff. High turnover. Beware.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long hours and difficult management
ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 5, 2017
My experience was poor, i was hired on for a different position then the one i held. i ended up working overnights in the ER where there was no security and you are left separated from other employees to deal with problem patients alone.
Fast pace and easy Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lake Granbury Hospital, I grew a lot from being there, I was a phlebotomist and learned how to be quicker and more precise on my job, there were some down sides to working there like employee drama but other than that I really enjoyed working there and the benefits are great.
Great work place
Administrative Assistant to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 26, 2017
At this position, I learned a lot of very useful clerical skills. I have learned filing, organization, how to use multi-line phones, act professionally, direct the general public through out the hospital, and many other very useful skills.
friendly people
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 5, 2017
There are tons of friendly people there but there is no room to grow in the company and they don't pay enough for the job wanted.
Pros
friendly
Cons
low pay, no growth
Great enviorment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 5, 2016
Everyday you come in expecting new faces. Most people are nice and treat you with respect. if you like a big family its here that you find it, every is genuine
Fast Paced place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. The busy faced paced environment makes the day fly by. If you are not good at multi-tasking and thinking on your toes dont apply
Enjoyable company to work for
materials management technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 1, 2015
LGMC is an enjoyable company to work for. The benefits cannot be beat anywhere. The hours are good and pay is adequate. The most difficult part of my job is inventory.
Pros
Incredible benefits
Cons
cannot think of any
Great Experience
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 1, 2015
This is a great hospital with a great work environment. The staff is excellent to work with and I fully recommend this hospital.
CHS hospitals don't value their employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 7, 2015
This facility could be amazing, but the lack of great leadership and the inability of managment to hear the voice of their employees makes it a difficult place to work for an extended period of time.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lack of staff
Great management and Employee cooperation
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Management is very receptive to the needs and wants of the employees and strive to create and maintain a suitable work environment. Employees are all very respectful of each other and work very well together.
Lake Granbury Medical Center
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Laboratory was very small, and staff were unfriendly and did not train well. Manager had an office outside the lab and was rarely in there at all.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Bad Laboratory manager
productive and fast pace enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Fun work place with very friendly and outgoing people.
The hospital is very determind to make sure that all patients are taking care of by HIPAA laws and safety.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with all patients
Pros
insuracne benefits-family activies with the hospital
Cons
pay
Good facility
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 29, 2015
Good work environment. Very passionate about patient care and working with patients. Not much room for advancement though.
Productive and fast paced
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 4, 2015
steadily busy. learned the computer inside and out. Management was great. Co-workers were friendly.
fast paced and stressful
Pros
benenfits
Cons
short breaks
A lot of hours, most co-workers easy to get along with, management one-sided
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 17, 2015
I got a lot of experience working here. Physicians were mostly easy going of course like most places they would have their moments. Co-workers were mostly easy going. The few that were hard to get along with were hard to get along with a lot of people. I didn't care much for management and supervisors. They seemed very one sided and didn't seem keen on hearing other people's points of view or input. I think there were a lot of friendships that weren't separated when being in the work place causing strain on working together as a team unit. On the upside the pay was decent and it was fairly busy it was easy to get hours or even over time. Management did work with employees scheduling for the most part.
Pros
A lot of hours; variety of surgeries
Cons
Management was very one-sided
A good place to be able to use all of your nursing skills.
LVN Medical-Surgical nights (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I worked for LGMC and was able to use all of my nursing skills including starting and maintaining IVs, inserting foleys, inserting NG Tubes, administering medications orally and by IVs, sterile technique, charting and many other skills used.
Pros
Hospital close by, using my skills, liking my colleagues.
Cons
I worked nights. Loved it at the time but I need day hours now.