Lake Health Employee Reviews

Currently employed
(Mentor Urgent Care) - Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHDecember 5, 2018
Fast paced, "customer" focused, team work makes the dream work, friendly, and multi-department work environment.

Enjoy interaction with my co-workers and patients
CEO Needs to go and sell to CCF as always financial problems
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Concord, OHNovember 15, 2018
There has been many layoffs this past year. If you are a good employee and have been there a long time you are the 1st to go, because you are paid more.
Rapid employee turnover rate. I worked in a department for 9 years.
I had three managers and only 2 employees left from when I started.
The HR department had a 95% turnover in my time there.
Lots of favoritism and back stabbing. Manager pit employee against each
other.
Every time they buy or build a new facility more layoffs because they
Are in over their heads.
CEO has been there like 20 years. Why? The place needs to be run by more professional people.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Deceitful managers out for themselves
Great experience
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHNovember 7, 2018
This is a great place to gain social work experience. You would have to work with a variety of professionals, patients and families. You need to be open-minded, committed to patient care, thick skin and a strong work ethic. If you have those elements, you will thrive!
Not a good place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHOctober 31, 2018
This hospital is racist against minorities. They are always short staffed and the pay is awful. They work you like a dog so the patients are neglected and they do not care
Pros
Cons
Pay
Toxic
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  willoughbyOctober 27, 2018
As an APP I felt no support. Staff talked badly about eachother, management is deceitful, completely toxic environment. Trying to evoke change and improve processes is frowned upon.
Pros
Great work/ home balance.
Cons
Toxic Environment.
STRESSFUL, Competitive Office. Manager out for herself only.
Lead Medical Assistant ll & Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Tri PointOctober 17, 2018
Expected to help front desk close for the day. If they do not balance, then you do not go home. Doctors continually adding patients on after hours without your knowledge. Meaning you are scheduled until 5:00 but they add on 5:00-5:30 patients that day or day previously. Great experience for a first time out of school. But someone that ha been in the field as long as me, it gets old. Dr does not even know how to lock or unlock a file. I print all scripts, I do everything for less than I should be getting. Staff is rude and talks about other coworkers. Have been in numerous altercations with staff, not by my fault, they have got into my face. When I go to my boss, nothing is done. Too stressful. All about the manager and the bonuses they receive.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
No supportive for schooling. Manager only cares about her own well being.
Learning experience
Team lead phlebotomist at Tripoint outpatient (Current Employee) –  Concord Township, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Lake Health gave me my first job as a Phlebotomist right from school, I have been with the company for a little over 3 years. Working for Lake Health has helped me grow into a better Phlebotomist as well as being able to learn more things throughout the whole lab.
It was great before they moved.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, OHSeptember 10, 2018
It used to be Lake East in Painesville. Everyone worked together and we were happy in our run down little corner of the world. Our hospital's gimmick was that nobody was a number. Neither patient nor staff. That all changed when we moved to TriPoint. Slowly they started getting rid of the original staff, starting with middle management. Replacing them with Fox News girls headhunted from UH and Cleveland Clinic. Going to work became a chore... then He'll
Pros
Pay isn't bad, benefits are pretty good.
Cons
Big brother, no job security
Needs Improvements
Specimen Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Short staffed, not competitive with wages, management not up to par with standards. Good place to get experience, not really good for a long term career.
Pros
experience
Cons
all other things
condescending Management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 21, 2018
Terrible HR department will not respond to emails or phone calls. Management staff is unfriendly and does not know how to treat people. If you come up with ideas your efforts will be thwarted. I enjoyed my co workers. This place would be fun and successful with proper management. The members are great people.
Pros
Co workers, members
Cons
Management, Hr, Pay
Great Place to work!
Manager, Employee Benefits (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHAugust 20, 2018
Great place to work! Culture is very friendly and always willing to help.

I really like that you are given the opportunity to own your position. This creates professional empowerment as well as encourages team members to be top performers.

Great work life balance. And it is nice that management really cares about there team members!
its a job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 17, 2018
it is a job. The kitchen is left to its own devices, we have a private management company who doesnt seem to be able to keep staff or create schedules which makes for a very confusing and stressful day
Pros
free lunch, no 3rd shifts
Love this place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 16, 2018
I absolutely love working with my doctors, my manager, my coworkers, were so professional, caring and the best at what they do. I was offered growth, opportunity, education and relatable work experience that made coming to work everyday a great feeling.
Pros
Many
Cons
You get out of it what you put in
RN (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 4, 2018
I’ve worked at lake for over 15 years. When I went back to school to further my degree, management was very supportive, even upper level. Recently I moved into a different role and couldn’t be more satisfied! As with any job/ career, if you’re always negative, that’s what you will receive- negative. But, if you are positive, passionate, helpful despite what the day or even what life throws at you, you will be happy and successful. I love my job, I love my managers, and I love my coworkers. They truly are my second family. Even when I was still clinical and workout he floor, I felt the same way. I’m very blessed to be able to provide our community with true caring!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Frequent policy changes
good experience but not forever working here
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJune 20, 2018
Lake Health is a good place to start depending on the department you are working in and good for experience. I think not a good place to work forever.
Pros
easy overtime
Cons
benefits, more teamwork
Administration was always fair and supportive
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHMay 16, 2018
Administration at the hospital was always fair and responsive to questions and or issues that were raised. If it was within their capacity to rectify an issue, it was taken care of as quickly as possible.
Was more concerned with Licensing for hospital than employees
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 9, 2018
The HR policies are horrible and inconsistent.

It was a very frustrating work culture and experience.

Nobody followed systems or procedures, then n ew ones were invented and nobody followed those either!
Pros
Waiting on patients
Cons
Inconsistent policies, horrible HR policies
Fun and friendly work environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 3, 2018
I would get the patient set up in their rooms. I did vital signs and helped assist the patient in everyday needs. I would take the patient down for any testing needed and help the nurse with any care needed.
Pros
Had a good group of nurses to work with.
Cons
We constantly got floated around the building.
fine place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHMarch 24, 2018
Lake Health is a good place to work. There are many opportunities for different locations to work at and also different job positons to apply for......
Administration is poor, team members are great.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OhioMarch 12, 2018
No thought given to hard work and team member loyalty by Administration. Rare that there is a retirement in management; team members have their positions eliminated or they leave on their own. Positions are stressful and require more with less. It is sad that the leadership team is not viewed as more valuable by the CEO and her clique.
Team members work hard together and always do their best. The care they provide to their patients and families is great.
Pros
Great group of team members.
Cons
Administration is blind to daily operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight