Lake Land College Employee Reviews

Great school, Great Employer
Business/Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 21, 2018
Lake Land was a positive place to be from the moment you walked into any door, or any building on campus. There is help around every corner. There are great teams in place in all divisions of faculty. The structure of the college is well thought out and I recommend considering employment to anyone interested. Give Lake Land a chance. You'll be glad you did.
Pros
Environment, Comfort, Culture
Great work environment
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 14, 2018
I have worked as an adjunct instructor at Lake Land for 10 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure there. The students and administration make my job enjoyable.
Secure employment opportunities only when full time
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 10, 2018
I love my job but there is no room for advancement when in a part time position. Workplace culture varies depending on the department; some areas can be stressful, others more conducive to a positive work environment.
Excellent position for a student
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Lake Land College was an excellent starting position for a young, inexperienced student to get a taste of what climbing, working on, and maintaining a wind turbine was all about.
Great educational experience
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 9, 2017
Well organized training for new faculty. Continuing education was managed well and helped faculty succeed in the class room. technology was impressive in the classrooms as well.
Pros
Helpful Staff and Faculty, Blend ED.
Cons
Remote education site, not on main campus
Great and productive learning experience
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 31, 2017
I gained a wonderful mentor while attending community college, that pushed me not only as a worker but a student. Always felt included among the higher up staff. It was enjoyable to be a part of meeting where I knew we were truly making a difference.
Divisional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 24, 2017
Lake Land College is a great place to work where you meet so many people and learn so much about different cultures and values. Because it is an educational environment, you also have international students. These students are eager to learn as well as share about what things are like where they come from. I really enjoyed everyone, students and employees, there.

I feel this job is best for someone needing to get their foot in the door and gain some experience before moving on. This would also be a great job for the person with more than one income in the household.
Pros
Great people and great benefits
Cons
Low end of pay scale for requirements, not much room for advancement.
Interesting and fun experience
Radio Personality (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 19, 2017
My experience here was a good one, because I learned how to use a sound board. I was a radio personality for my school and I thought being one of the voice of the school radio was pretty cool. The work culture was tied into class and made things more hands on and interesting that way.
A great place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 1, 2017
I enjoyed the job at Lake Land. The people were helpful and willing to help when a problem arose. I found the job a learning experience and rewarding. I would go back if I lived in the area.
Pros
Positive atomsphere
Cons
Long hours with out benefits.
Great Job for College
Print Shop Tech/Student Veteran Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 20, 2017
Working for Lake Land College was a great experience and flexible with my schedule. They will allow you to work in different settings if you do the work-study.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
I went to school at Lake Land College
Student Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 9, 2017
Lake Land College is a a great school to attend for the dental hygiene program. As a Lake Land student I gained amazing experience in our clinic. We also got to go out in the community and work with people and that was really rewarding.
Average
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 24, 2017
Lake Land is a good place to work but the state budget is concerning and many cuts are being made putting jobs in limbo. People are friendly and managers are good.
Served as Associate Dean for Community College Prison Programs.
Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Danville Correctional CenterJuly 12, 2017
Served as administrator for prison program overseeing 5 vocational departments, as well as, 1-year and 2-year academic programs. Supervised 16 to 20 employees and instructors.
Lake Land College Work Study is for Students
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 15, 2017
As a student at Lake Land College, being a work study allowed me to balance my work with my school activities and my extracurricular activities. The managers are all respectable, and if you find a position that pertains to your major, you also learn as you work as well and get a taste of the ideal job you are working towards. It is an experience I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Helps you study in your major
Cons
Not many hours
Good place to work. Helped with my tuition.
Computer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 30, 2017
I think I was lucky to have a good supervisor. The customers were always good to me. On the negative side, the new branding policy prevents getting new customers for the department I work at.
Overall this is a great place to work and the work environment is top notch.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Policies prevents getting more done.
good company
Student Activity Board (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 3, 2017
the is a very big company with lots of group homes across the valley.Got to work with a lot of different individuals with different problems and gained a lot knowledge
Great part-time experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 23, 2017
Typically only worked a few hours if any at all on weekdays. It was a great experience that taught me to communicate complicated material in a way one can understand and learn.
Lake Land College
Warehouse Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILMarch 9, 2017
The staff members at Lake Land College were superb. What I enjoy most about the experience was the challenges. The atmosphere(workplace) was pleasant.
Great place to work, however with questionable financial future due to state budget impasse
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I loved working at Lake Land College. The people there are warm, caring and patient. The benefits, if you can get any today, are very good but they are currently curtailing most full-time positions to part-time to avoid any benefits package. If you want to work there, be sure of the future prospects for a better position if you intend to make a career there.
Pros
Great benefits, clean work spaces, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Cutting full-time positions to part-time only with low pay and no benefits.
Really positive work environment.
Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 10, 2017
This job on most days was awesome. No stress. I helped students with their programming homework in and out of the classroom. I would also watch the 3d printers in the lab and made sure they didn't overheat. I learned to have better patience with people, explain and communicate better with others. The management was just my instructors/professors watch me while i helped in there classes. My co-workers were other lab assistants and we got along swell. We would help each other if we were stumped while helping a student. There wasn't really a hard part to the job. The thing I loved the most about this job was the students I met and helped.
Pros
flexible work hours, great internship opportunity
Cons
limited hours a week you could work